Ricky Ray

Mark H.

Collaros isn't going to command veteran starter money.

He's going to command starter money.

And to those who ask "why would we pay it", why wouldn't we? He absolutely deserves starter money. He'd be signing here to be our starter, no sense in pissing around and trying to play the nickel and dime game. Pay the man and get him here. We can't afford not to.

Maybe I just haven't watched enough, but what the hell has Collaros done to get all this hype from people?? I really haven't been that impressed, and haven't seen anything to suggest that he can perform outside of this taylor-made offense that Milanovich has. 

I'm thinking most people here like Collaros because he's shown a lot of potential in a small period of time compared to some of the other QB's in the league aside from BLM.  Reilly was similar last year except he played fewer games.  Collaros has shown he has what it takes.  With proper coaching, he could go really far.

Collaros isn't going to command veteran starter money.

He's going to command starter money.

And to those who ask "why would we pay it", why wouldn't we? He absolutely deserves starter money. He'd be signing here to be our starter, no sense in pissing around and trying to play the nickel and dime game. Pay the man and get him here. We can't afford not to.

Agreed.  Anyone who thinks otherwise is just being foolish.  Reilly was the same way last year, and look where that got him.  Ottawa and Winnipeg will be battling for him.  I wouldn't doubt if Hamilton gets in the mix as well.

I'd still go with Burris, I think.

What's the problem with this team?  Too young and inexperienced.  So we're going to solve that with.... more youth and inexperience?  Bring in Burris as a stop-gap for a couple years while we bring a young guy along.  Bringing Collaros into this mess right now is just setting him up to fail.

What's the problem with this team?  Too young and inexperienced.  So we're going to solve that with.... more youth and inexperience?  Bring in Burris as a stop-gap for a couple years while we bring a young guy along.  Bringing Collaros into this mess right now is just setting him up to fail.

yeah well Burris coming into this mess would just pout and be a total jackwang in the dressing room, blaming everyone else for the team's failures.  No thanks.

yeah well Burris coming into this mess would just pout and be a total jackwang in the dressing room, blaming everyone else for the team's failures.  No thanks.

Or he would come in and win some games for us, you know maybe we'd have a passer go over 3500 yards for the first time in 5 years.

Bringing in Burris gives us a guy who WILL win games and also a perfect timeframe to develop a young guy because Burris will be gone in a couple years.  Win-win-win.  7 habits of highly effective football teams.

I am quite worried the turmoil with the club (ie. coaches, oline, GM etc.) is going to turn off the FA QB's.

It might be better for them to stay in the environment where they know whats going on, instead of coming here for uncertainty.  Yes I know money and the starter's job should be the deciding factor, but it isn't always.  Might be better to take a bit less money for a year or two, and stay in a situation that you know is stable.

Hamilton was a disaster last year and that didn't happen with him.

^

Guy played well enough to win a LOT of games last year and they ended up with a worse record than we did because of their turrible defense... never heard him bitching.

I am quite worried the turmoil with the club (ie. coaches, oline, GM etc.) is going to turn off the FA QB's.

I think the 1st steps have already been taken that shows players Wpg. means business going forward.

The next step, dismissing those who need to be dismissed will also show how serious we are going forward.

Finally, with the new GM in place, it will be his job to show the direction we want to go and his job will become easier, to a high degree, if the right QB is announced ASAP

I think the 1st steps have already been taken that shows players Wpg. means business going forward.

oh? Tell me what they are cause to me it seems like business as usual here from a players perspective. We don't know who the GM will be, we don't know who will be coaching, there's still no established star veteran players here, all we've done is trade a veteran qb for a backup receiver and trade arguably our top defensive player for a backup offensive lineman. 

were you in the Hamilton dressing room?

oh? Tell me what they are cause to me it seems like business as usual here from a players perspective. We don't know who the GM will be, we don't know who will be coaching, there's still no established star veteran players here, all we've done is trade a veteran qb for a backup receiver and trade arguably our top defensive player for a backup offensive lineman. 

How soon we forget the firings and placement of personnel that is the first step in plugging the dyke.

That sent a massive shockwave throughout the league...people took notice.

And it seems you're talking about our player's perspectives

I was answering about outside our club.

Some of the moves you mentioned just don't happen at this time of year...that gets noticed as well.

It's quite obvious changes are on the horizon, but I agree the biggest and boldest moves are yet to come,

What will cause FAs to consider Winnipeg as a viable team?

1) Snagging a "big name" starting QB.

2) Naming our next GM

3) Announcing who our next coach will be.

How soon we forget the firings and placement of personnel that is the first step in plugging the dyke.

Some of the moves you mentioned just don't happen at this time of year...that gets noticed as well.

It's quite obvious changes are on the horizon, but I agree the biggest and boldest moves are yet to come,

2) Naming our next GM

I think what you're confusing is showing other GMs that Winnipeg wants to do business and showing players. Cause if I was a player I'd still see a team without a GM or coach right now, with a history of losing records, a team that fires a lot of coaches causing lots of turmoil... There is a hell of a lot of work to do to show players around the league that things are changing and it starts with hiring someone at GM or coach or both who has the ability to convince people that things are stable. 

2) Naming our next GM

I think what you're confusing is showing other GMs that Winnipeg wants to do business and showing players. Cause if I was a player I'd still see a team without a GM or coach right now, with a history of losing records, a team that fires a lot of coaches causing lots of turmoil...

There is a hell of a lot of work to do to show players around the league that things are changing and it starts with hiring someone at GM or coach or both who has the ability to convince people that things are stable. 

Well, of course we don't have a Coach or a GM right now.

Everybody knows that.

But players don't decide right now.

Everybody knows that too.

But what we have shown them is that the way we used to do things...are changing.

We are looking for stability.

And the second part of what you said is exactly what I listed, except, in my opinion, we'll be going after a QB right away, while Walters is still the acting GM (I doubt his title would change that early)

3 more games...then the overhaul begins....

2) Naming our next GM

I think what you're confusing is showing other GMs that Winnipeg wants to do business and showing players. Cause if I was a player I'd still see a team without a GM or coach right now, with a history of losing records, a team that fires a lot of coaches causing lots of turmoil...

There is a hell of a lot of work to do to show players around the league that things are changing and it starts with hiring someone at GM or coach or both who has the ability to convince people that things are stable. 

Well, of course we don't have a Coach or a GM right now.

Everybody knows that.

But players don't decide right now.

Everybody knows that too.

But what we have shown them is that the way we used to do things...are changing.

We are looking for stability.

And the second part of what you said is exactly what I listed, except, in my opinion, we'll be going after a QB right away, while Walters is still the acting GM (I doubt his title would change that early)

3 more games...then the overhaul begins....

Is this like a haiku or something? Iambic pentameter?

but this is the major sticking point... There's still a chance they retain Walters and Burke which is just more of the same hiring the cheapest option and hoping for the best. The Bombers haven't shown any sort of changes at all except that Walters is more willing to get into trade talks than the last guy was. That's not a lot. 

but this is the major sticking point... There's still a chance they retain Walters and Burke which is just more of the same hiring the cheapest option and hoping for the best. The Bombers haven't shown any sort of changes at all except that Walters is more willing to get into trade talks than the last guy was. That's not a lot. 

Of course it is, we're all sitting here...waiting for this damned season to end, so that what many of us hope and want will come to fruition....the moving on from Burke, at the very least.

What else will occur will move the level of anxiety up or down, depending on who's hired.

For me, it all starts at the QB position.

They mustn't wait too long there.