Brandon Stewart

Mr. Perfect

I missed the game tonight (fortunately, instead of unfortunately?) because of travelling with my hockey team, but I was hoping someone could fill me in on what happened with Brandon Stewart that has so many people upset? I saw some comments on Twitter suggesting he pulled a Cam Hall and took a shot at the fans. Can anyone shed some light?

The 'We Want Buck' chant was the low point for Winnipeg fans since way back when we cheered for Kent Austin's injury.  

This team is in freefalll but the fans last night were the real embarrassment.  Now, everyone is hiding behind we were just showing our appreciation for Buck.

Boo if you want but cheering for the opposing quarterback is just ridiculous.  Not exactly going to make our free agent quest any easier.

The 'We Want Buck' chant was the low point for Winnipeg fans since way back when we cheered for Kent Austin's injury.  

This team is in freefalll but the fans last night were the real embarrassment.  Now, everyone is hiding behind we were just showing our appreciation for Buck.

Boo if you want but cheering for the opposing quarterback is just ridiculous.  Not exactly going to make our free agent quest any easier.

Exactly, just looked like a bunch of tools.

Haven't you heard......Buck was the reason everything was wrong with the offence in Wpg........the cheering was just because they were so glad he was now somebody else's problem ;)

I was at the game and to me it felt like when everyone was standing and cheering when Buck came in, that is was for Buck and not to **** on the team.  I don't see why people would actually stand and cheer if it wasn't for Buck. Previous to that when people where chanting "we want Buck", that may have been the "F-U" to the team.

Bob Irving interviewed 2 players last night and asked them about the indecent.

Terence Edwards was upset with the fans.

Bryant Turner thought it was a nice tribute to Buck. (I think it was Bryant Turner. It was someone on defence.)

So I don't believe that everyone in the locker room was upset by it and I do believe there were some who were cheering for buck and not against the Bombers when he got that standing ovation.

That's just my take on it.

Don't be stupid. The fans took it remarkably easy on the team last night. Cheering a former player doesn't rank anywhere near the top for the most embarassing moment in that game.

Stewart even said "if it was for Buck so be it" or something like that. The players know the cheers were somewhat meant as a shot to the team.

If it was anyone but buck I have no doubt the fans would not have given a standing ovation. So I believe it was sincere. But I also think it was partially motivated by disgust with the bombers.I guarantee if Buck had tossed a TD the fans would still have cheered.

But that only happens because it's buck.

The players should stop throwing around words like disappointing and disgust when talking about the fans because the real shocking thing is how there are still fans at all.

Keep your head buried in the sand and keep unfairly singling out players then, makes no difference to me.

Except  a few Bomber players on twitter have already said the Bomber fans were classy for cheering for Buck when he went in.  So yeah, I'm pretty sure your claims that most of the Bomber locker room feels the same way are dubious

It's not being spun anyway.  People wanted to cheer for Buck because he was a class act.  Yeah, he wasn't a very good QB for most of his time here, but he was always respectful in the way he carried himself.

Remember when Khari jones was a sideline reporter for CBC back when they shared the TV contract with TSN.  Whenever the cameras showed him on the sidelines at Canad Inns Stadium the crowd would give him a big ovation.  What happened last night was no different except Buck happens to still be playing football.

I think some people here are trying to convince themselves that the fans cheering for Buck was more of an FU to the BOmbers than a genuine show of appreciation for Buck because they still think Buck's poor play has held the Bombers back for years.  Based on the marginal, and I mean MARGINAL improvement at the QB position since Buck was relegated to the backup position and since then traded, I think it's safe to say Buck wasn't holding anything back.  Others' resentment of Buck shouldn't be projected onto other Bomber fans - it was a genuine show of appreciation, nothing more.