Brandon Stewart

Mr. Perfect

My actions were to give Buck the applause he deserved. He was all class here and despite the fact he was our QB for well over a year too long, I respect how he's embraced the city.

Accompanied with that was a, "Go D, get Buck!" And judging by the cheers when we did bring him down, and when he's throws landed incomplete, my guess is most fans treated like that.

Stewart and company need to take a good long look in the mirror, and shut their damn mouths. The way they've played this year, the home crowd owes them NOTHING. Absolutely nothing. Stewart and some of the other guys who have only been Bombers don't realize how lucky they have it. They were kings in this town when Swaggerville was big, now instead of deserved praise, they're getting deserved criticism.

Shut your damn mouth and play. 29,000 bought tickets to see a 2 and I've lost count football team walk thru a game. Consider yourself lucky.

Keep your head buried in the sand and keep unfairly singling out players then, makes no difference to me.

Except  a few Bomber players on twitter have already said the Bomber fans were classy for cheering for Buck when he went in.  So yeah, I'm pretty sure your claims that most of the Bomber locker room feels the same way are dubious

They are just tryign to say the right thing out in the public.

Keep your head buried in the sand and keep unfairly singling out players then, makes no difference to me.

Except  a few Bomber players on twitter have already said the Bomber fans were classy for cheering for Buck when he went in.  So yeah, I'm pretty sure your claims that most of the Bomber locker room feels the same way are dubious

They are just tryign to say the right thing out in the public.

So you know what they are really thinking?  Cool, bro.

They were cheering for a classy player who still calls Winnipeg his permanent home. The calls for Buck were to have him go into the game so they could show their appreciation for his time here.  Some players might try harder instead of worrying about the fans cheering for Buck.  At 53-17 they did not deserve much in the way of cheers.

I did not care for the cheering. Buck the person is good but Buck the football player has set this organization back 4 years. He had looked just as awful with the more talent around him in BC as he did here. The mess that took place last night can be traced right back to Buck.

I did not care for the cheering. Buck the person is good but Buck the football player has set this organization back 4 years. He had looked just as awful with the more talent around him in BC as he did here. The mess that took place last night can be traced right back to Buck.

It isn't Buck's fault the organization couldn't replace him or find better.  He never held the gun to their heads to keep him.  He didn't hold the organization back, it was management.  Can't blame the guy to keep the pay cheque as long as they were willing to pay it.

To me, the cheering last night just goes to show how much this fan base is dying to cheer for something.   There is no hope for this team for this season.  The fan base is taking what they can get.

It isn't Buck's fault the organization couldn't replace him or find better.  He never held the gun to their heads to keep him.  He didn't hold the organization back, it was management.  Can't blame the guy to keep the pay cheque as long as they were willing to pay it.

To me, the cheering last night just goes to show how much this fan base is dying to cheer for something.   There is no hope for this team for this season.  The fan base is taking what they can get.

Who cares who's fault it is, he shouldn't of even been playing, he knew it, the organization knew(should of) it everybody with half a brain knew it. He just strung us along for every cent he could get.

Who cares who's fault it is, he shouldn't of even been playing, he knew it, the organization knew(should of) it everybody with half a brain knew it. He just strung us along for every cent he could get.

Buck strung us along??? What did he do cast a spell on coaches & management? THEY kept HIM!! How can you pin anything on Buck as he's just a player? Pin it on stupid coaching & management. Not Buck.

nope.

To me it sure is. We, as fans can do what we want as long as we don't abuse the players or fans around us. Stewart & Edwards should have known better to  say anything after a losing effort like that. Comment about their team or their play but don't  criticize the paying fans in the seats.  

This is what Stewart said:

"They're frustrated -- just like us -- and so I can't be mad or hard on them," Stewart said in the Bombers locker-room following Friday's 53-17 throttling at the hands of the Lions.

"That's something new to me when your own fans are cheering for the other team. And that to me was more disappointing than the loss because our crowd has fuelled us for a lot of games.

"But do I blame the fans? No, I don't blame them. How could I?"

That's a lot different than what was twittered and certainly goes to show how people can take things out of context and....over react.