GDT 3 pm: Victory Day

39 minutes ago, Booch said:

Imagine Strev....a few games in....totally back in the saddle and in the flow?....Good luck managing him when he has all the weapons out there with him that you can't cheat on by not paying attention to

I cant wait to see what Buck has cooked up.

1 minute ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I never saw the first half because the stream wouldn't work for me for nearly half an hour. Spending nearly four years in the NFL, it;ll be interesting if Streveler embraced the new way qbs throw the ball now. Straight back, different arm slots & strong hip rotation. His throwing style in 2018 & 19 was actually closer to how young qbs throw now & is taking over college & pro ball. .

Workers Compensation Board of Saskatchewan.

yeah....I certain people will see a noticeable difference....and nore how he looked when he left college and came up to us the first yr

20 minutes ago, Piggy 1 said:

Can they provide you with bacon????

You the real mvp. No one can compete with that. 

42 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Strev was a warrior. He played with a broken bone in his foot. Warrior. Had he kept playing for Lapo he'd be retired & in a wheelchair by now.

Truth.

I wonder how strevy would’ve done here in his first go around if he had current buck as his oc the whole time. For that fact, I wonder what Matt nichols and our whole offence then would’ve looked like. 

6 minutes ago, Mark H. said:

Having receivers catch while running...would have been a good start.

That’s really about throwing guys open, leading them, and them trusting the qb enough go speed turn blind and go for yards. We didn’t do any of that stuff. Dresssler used to get killed on quick passes. We ran a lot of screen and short passes designed to catch and fall over for 5 yards or less. 

11 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

That’s really about throwing guys open, leading them, and them trusting the qb enough go speed turn blind and go for yards. We didn’t do any of that stuff. Dresssler used to get killed on quick passes. We ran a lot of screen and short passes designed to catch and fall over for 5 yards or less. 

Who would you say was more at fault? The QB or the coach? 

7 minutes ago, Mark H. said:

That’s a great question. I think it was some thing like 2/3s plop 1/3 Nicholls early to mid and ended up 50/50 post nichols injuries. 
 With buck, pre injury nichols would’ve been real interesting. I think at that point we would need some wr talent but we might’ve developed it too. 

Edited by wbbfan

2 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

McInnis, Lenius, Schaffer-Baker, Emilus, now Ajou, have to give the Riders credit they've done well drafting big bodied Natl. receivers recently.

It’s a good move for a team that can’t draft develop or sign an ol 

I missed the game,   what was the arm strength like for Wilson?   Was he rifling or floating balls and how was his mobility/escapability from the rush.      I mostly just want to know if he showed enough or is this a case where we need to call Piggy back.  

8 minutes ago, Brandon said:

I missed the game,   what was the arm strength like for Wilson?   Was he rifling or floating balls and how was his mobility/escapability from the rush.      I mostly just want to know if he showed enough or is this a case where we need to call Piggy back.  

Solid arm, we didn’t take any deep shots with any qb really. He struggled early but adjusted and bounced back. Impressive poise for a rookie. His mobility was good, better than brown. If he’s our qb3 I’d feel fine with it. Hope to see him finish the next game and start out a bit more composed. 

All the qbs seemed to be tossing a bit behind and low today. I think the lack of full contact practices hurts qbs ability to get the off season rust off. 

3 minutes ago, Mark H. said:

If they want Harris to have a chance...they should be starting 3 Americans. 

Bare minimum yeah. In the modern game you need line play second only to qbing. Make the ratio work put a line out that keeps your qb upright.  Play 6 ol like ham did with June jones if you need to. 

Hard to tell much from this game really.  Some solid individual efforts but coaches will be looking at them in context of what the assignments were.  That context is important.

I loved the physicality of Gemmel out there.  Kind of reminded me of Lobendahn.  Heavy player you can tell guys playing against him wouldn’t have a fun time.

Wilson looks like a CFL QB.  Like both his comfort in pocket and on a rollout.  Solid arm, mobility when he needs it.

Barriere looks like a guy who played at a great school and fit the system.

4 hours ago, wbbfan said:

Any one know if the game is being uploaded any place for a re watch? 

3 hours ago, Brandon said:

Edited by johnzo

I will give more in depth thoughts going forward but it was real nice to see the first D playing a LOT mote physical again. They will get back to grinding teams down. 

Riders won but that was nothing for them the be proud of. Bombers were looking for certain things and I think they saw them.... someone let barriere know there's an extra guy in the cfl.

Skimmed through it.

Strev can make all the wide throws. Still trucking guys, even looking much leaner than 2019. 

Barriere needs some work, that was pretty terrible. 

Terry Wilson seemed like he knew what he was doing, albeit with a lot of jobbers on the field for both teams. 
All of this granted Bombers didn’t really throw downfield with any QB. 

On D, #22 McGhee was with the 1’s, was around the ball a lot for better or worse. He had a rough play early where he let KSB pull down a duck in front of him that he should have made a play on. He got in on another breakup to hold the same drive to a FG. 

Oulette didn’t look like he enjoyed being tackled by #48 Gemmel, he could be a real thumper. 

Bombers ran a fairly aggressive D for an exhibition game.
Rivers, Garbutt, LB Tre Thomas, and actually Schmeckel all stood out to me on plays. 

ST basically nothing. Ol’ Garcia seemed to be in fine form and the punter had a nice TD saving tackle. 

Godawfully boring game with atrocious commentary. We’re so, so lucky with our radio guys here. 

Edited by JohnnyAbonny

8 hours ago, wbbfan said:

Solid arm, we didn’t take any deep shots with any qb really. He struggled early but adjusted and bounced back. Impressive poise for a rookie. His mobility was good, better than brown. If he’s our qb3 I’d feel fine with it. Hope to see him finish the next game and start out a bit more composed. 

All the qbs seemed to be tossing a bit behind and low today. I think the lack of full contact practices hurts qbs ability to get the off season rust off. 

Wilson went deep once in the final few minutes only to have that Rider DB break up the play.

1 hour ago, WinnipegGordo said:

The Bombers used to have Bob and Doug doing their broadcasts, but I'll tell you..... The Riders have the real hoser. 

Mullinder sucks.

13 hours ago, Tracker said:

FWIW, and it wasn't worth much, Barriere likely played himself out of town. That would be two highly-touted players who showed nothing. We are gonna be alright but some. of the bloom is off the rose for several would-be Bombers.

It was a very disappointing performance for sure. I am hoping it was just nerves got him and that he will get a 2nd chance in the next game and perform better....but I can totally understand if the Bombers just cut him loose now.

13 hours ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

From my relative experience around the game, and those who know it at a high level, I can clearly see that @Booch @JuranBoldenRules @wbbfan @SpeedFlex27 @GCn20 have more detailed and nuanced football knowledge to offer than most. 

Lot of guys on this forum with very good takes on our 3rd down game. I have learned a lot and have been given a lot to think about from many posters not on your list right now. Some really good knowledge on this forum as a collective, but thank you for the compliment. I think more than anything your list is a pretty good collection of the posters that are the most opinionated....lmao...jk guys.

13 hours ago, Piggy 1 said:

Can they provide you with bacon????

Bacon gets my vote every time.

12 hours ago, Mark H. said:

In my experience, it is a little of both. However, a play call is a play call. Guys don't stop running unless they are given the option to do so within the play call.

Edited by GCn20