Game 71 : @ It Will All Come Out In The WASH

1 hour ago, MrFreakzilla said:

Appleton scored yesterday.

Who cares.  It’s not about yesterday. It’s about what this team does when it matters. Every year at this time they do this, every year. The players change but it’s the same every year. 

it’s happening again. They will be in the wildcard spot next week. 

Edited by Goalie

The Jets don't deserve anything.  They are not playing playoff hockey.  This team folds like a cheap tent when they face adversity. They have been average since the All-Star break.   And in real danger of giving up third place in the central.  

It's the same s*** that happened last year and it's just showing up later this year.  

Hoped for a better result, not not disappointed in their play today. They had the better chances on the first, dominated the second, looked good on the penalty kill and almost got through the one where the goal happened. Fluky bounce on the second one, so they really only got burned on the third goal with a bad read by Samberg when they were pressing. Even with the goals, play was pretty even in the third 5 on 5  

I’m not quitting on this team yet. 

I am not bailing on the Jets yet. Brutal schedule lately with weird afternoon games and definitely a let down game against New Jersey. IF we do collapse again though i really think we need to review Chevy and can he really judge his team in a objective way?  But i still think this team is much better than last year...🤞

23 minutes ago, bb1 said:

I am not bailing on the Jets yet. Brutal schedule lately with weird afternoon games and definitely a let down game against New Jersey. IF we do collapse again though i really think we need to review Chevy and can he really judge his team in a objective way?  But i still think this team is much better than last year...🤞

This team just looks gassed.  Needs more than one day off between games and get a bit of a breather.  Also, I don't have access to much Winnipeg media, what's the word on Vilardi?  Is he coming back this year or not?  Man we could use him right now.

1 hour ago, bb1 said:

Chevy is gonna win the gm of the year award. At what point do we realize it’s the players on the ice. What more could Chevy do exactly to help them besides getting them mental help. Cuz that’s what it is. Mental. It’s effort level. It’s compete. The nhl has tons of parity and the team who wins is usually the one who out competes the other team. How do you dominate the rangers 5 on 5 then **** the bed the next 3. Effort. Compete. 

3 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

This team just looks gassed.  Needs more than one day off between games and get a bit of a breather.  Also, I don't have access to much Winnipeg media, what's the word on Vilardi?  Is he coming back this year or not?  Man we could use him right now.

Last we heard it sounded like the week before the playoffs.

My take awhile ago was this team does not win without Vilardi....Now to be fair the club has won quite a few without him being in the line-up BUT it's getting down to crunch time and we appear to be going into the late season 'down the toilet' trick....Blame it on the schedule ..sure.. but as far as I'm concerned winning clubs respond by digging deep and pulling off stretch wins with an all out effort....Didn't see that in Wash, NJ or Long Island.......Spleen injuries are 'touchy' to come back from in heavy contact sports, without risking further injury....I'd luv to see Vilardi back in action as he definitely would be a difference maker..Will the club risk putting him in the lineup in the final run ....kind of doubt it....so here we sit ...and I don't like the picture I'm seeing ///???

Edited by Stickem