Free Agency Day - Non-Bombers CFL News

3 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

Nope, Rhymes asked for his release, it's not a coincidence he landed back it Ottawa where he spends the off-season, owns a house and has a fiance that works for the Feds.

Nope. BC asked him to restructure, and Rhymes said no thanks. That was reported at the time of his release. He didn't want to take a pay cut and BC couldn't afford to keep him.

5 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

Nope, Rhymes asked for his release, it's not a coincidence he landed back it Ottawa where he spends the off-season, owns a house and has a fiance that works for the Feds.

You sure about that?  Sounds like they wanted him to take a cut, he said no so he was sent packing.

“We thank Dom for all of his contributions to our team both on and off the field. In the salary cap era, these are the hard decisions we have to make,” said head coach and co-GM Rick Campbell, who also coached Rhymes with the Ottawa Redblacks.

https://theprovince.com/sports/no-room-for-rhymes-b-c-lions-release-mr-headtop

6 minutes ago, JCon said:

Weird narrative people push. 

Only one person suggested there's possible an attitude issue - it's not people pushing a narrative.

1 minute ago, JCon said:

But where does it say he has an attitude?

BC signed a contract that they didn't want to honour and got out of it. It's not on Rhymes. 

Who suggested it's on Rhymes?  Pointing out he turned down a restructured deal isn't the same as putting the blame on him, especially when the team went and released 2 more starters after that.  That's 100% on the team for not managing their cap properly.

3 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

Only one person suggested there's possible an attitude issue - it's not people pushing a narrative.

Who suggested it's on Rhymes?  Pointing out he turned down a restructured deal isn't the same as putting the blame on him, especially when the team went and released 2 more starters after that.  That's 100% on the team for not managing their cap properly.

"People" being the same person that is always pushing a narrative when they're just talking out their a**. 

40 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

Speaks to his credibility as a poster. I know that living in your Toronto bubble and occasionally spending time at other CFL forums leaves you out of the loop, but Migs is generally regarded by all CFL fans in all CFL forums as a wingnut....even his own teams forum posters acknowledge it and are embarrassed by him. When your team gets a fan forum someday you will understand.

Speaking of his own team’s forum posters being embarrassed, going at Bluto like this for suggesting you debate the guy instead of just screaming bloody murder because he’s making a very debatable argument is quite embarrassing. 

Literally no reason to take shots at Bluto. He’s right.

4 minutes ago, Mike said:

Speaking of his own team’s forum posters being embarrassed, going at Bluto like this for suggesting you debate the guy instead of just screaming bloody murder because he’s making a very debatable argument is quite embarrassing. 

Literally no reason to take shots at Bluto. He’s right.

Piss off Mike...don't need your holier than thou shtick. You are no better than that here half the time so save your indignation and go look in the mirror. You take more sideswipes at people than all the rest of us combined. 

6 minutes ago, JCon said:

"People" being the same person that is always pushing a narrative when they're just talking out their a**. 

No talking out my ass at all. There was a running narrative over on LionBackers questioning his attitude since mid-season last year. Feel free to do some homework before calling someone out for talking out their ass or it ends up being you doing it.

Edited by GCn20

3 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

Piss off Mike...don't need your holier than thou shtick. You are no better than that here half the time so save your indignation and go look in the mirror.

No talking out my ass at all. There was a running narrative over on LionBackers questioning his attitude since mid-season last year.

You need a snickers?

1 minute ago, GCn20 said:

Piss off Mike...don't need your holier than thou shtick. You are no better than that here half the time so save your indignation and go look in the mirror.

Or you could just stop being an idiot. Not that difficult. Literally no reason to go after Bluto, he doesn’t deserve it. You’re smart enough to know the difference between someone who has earned the heat and someone who hasn’t. Act like it.

3 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

You need a snickers?

I think Mike and JCon do. Being frikken jerks. 

3 minutes ago, Mike said:

Or you could just stop being an idiot. Not that difficult. Literally no reason to go after Bluto, he doesn’t deserve it. You’re smart enough to know the difference between someone who has earned the heat and someone who hasn’t. Act like it.

Again piss off Mike. I really don't value your opinion enough to care what you have to say about this. I've seen the way you operate as a poster and it leaves a lot to be desired a lot of times. I don't stick my nose into it when you are acting like a grade A jerk. You take passive aggressive to a whole new level then preach to others. SMH.

Edited by GCn20

1 minute ago, GCn20 said:

I think Mike and JCon do. Being frikken jerks. 

Again piss off Mike. I really don't value your opinion enough to care what you have to say about this.

Look at the reaction to what I’ve said compared to the reaction to what you’ve said.

I don’t really care whether you value my opinion or not. It wasn’t my opinion. It was me telling you to stop being an idiot and getting on Bluto’s case for literally no reason. 

8 minutes ago, Mike said:

Look at the reaction to what I’ve said compared to the reaction to what you’ve said.

I don’t really care whether you value my opinion or not. It wasn’t my opinion. It was me telling you to stop being an idiot and getting on Bluto’s case for literally no reason. 

And this is me telling you to get lost because I don't need to justify a damn thing to you. There is absolutely nothing in my post getting on Bluto's case other than taking a shot at the Argos fan base size. You went after Wheeler with more veracity yesterday but you tend to forget your own being a jerk moments. Really, this whole thing isn't about Bluto at all, because my comments are pretty benign, it's about you trying to take a swipe at me under the cover of moral superiority. It's your MO.

Edited by GCn20

1 minute ago, Mike said:

Kadeem Carey to the Argos 

Silas Stewart to Ottawa

Carey is an interesting fit. I'm not sure he's an every-down back anymore, but he'll find holes when he's out there. 

Just now, JCon said:

Carey is an interesting fit. I'm not sure he's an every-down back anymore, but he'll find holes when he's out there. 

They got that Deonta McMahon who I think will take a lot of the early down work. Didn’t look great as a feature back trying to grind it out but definitely flashed as a guy who can run outside the tackles

3 minutes ago, JCon said:

He won't need to be an every-down back with us. We'll make plenty of use out of Adeboboye and McMahon.

If Carey can find his 2022 form after his injury niggles last season, he'll finally have an O-Line to help him realize his potential.

12 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

And this is me telling you to get lost because I don't need to justify a damn thing to you. There is absolutely nothing in my post getting on Bluto's case other than taking a shot at the Argos fan base size. You went after Wheeler with more veracity yesterday but you tend to forget your own being a jerk moments.

Jesus christ, how many more of your posts are you going to edit ten times to add to your rant? Maybe try thinking before you type so I don’t have to refresh my screen over and over waiting for you to get all your thoughts out. 

We all take shots at each other, we all debate with varying levels of intensity from time to time, we all bash the trolls (like Wheeler, who has been banned) but there’s literally no need to take a shot at Bluto, who is a respected member of this community even though he has a condition that forces him to cheer for the wrong football team. Don’t like it? Oh well. 

my god you edited it again I can’t even keep up anymore can you just PM me when you’re done crying so I can reply to it all at once 

2 minutes ago, Mike said:

Jesus christ, how many more of your posts are you going to edit ten times to add to your rant? Maybe try thinking before you type so I don’t have to refresh my screen over and over waiting for you to get all your thoughts out. 

We all take shots at each other, we all debate with varying levels of intensity from time to time, we all bash the trolls (like Wheeler, who has been banned) but there’s literally no need to take a shot at Bluto, who is a respected member of this community even though he has a condition that forces him to cheer for the wrong football team. Don’t like it? Oh well. 

What shot did I take at Bluto? He asked why it matters if Migs changed his name. I answered then threw in a very mild barb about the Argos having no fans. I am unclear what got your hackles up here. 

Edited by GCn20

2 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

There is always a reason....

Barely a shot. Good lord. All I basically said is that maybe someday the Argos will have enough fans to make their own forum and he will know what it's like when trolls show up. 

Edited by GCn20

5 minutes ago, Mike said:

my god you edited it again I can’t even keep up anymore can you just PM me when you’re done crying so I can reply to it all at once 

Artfully done.

1 minute ago, 17to85 said:

There is always a reason....

No denying it.