2023/2024 Blue Bombers Off-Season Thread (BRADY’S BACK! DALTON’S BACK!)

Noeller

3 minutes ago, Booch said:

he had most runs over 10....know that...I think by a wide margin too

Sure. I think in fairness one should compare YPC, and % per number of touches to Guage effectiveness. He got fed the rock way more than anyone else, and yes he did well with those carries but he didn't lead all rushers by any significant margin that isn't directly related to his usage.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, wbbfan said:

I dont think the production is what makes brady unique, its the production combined with the versatility and the passport. 1500 yards is rarer now because teams just dont run that much these days. 

The Offence was pretty different with harris, a lot more check down to harris based than last year. 

we stopped the check downs as soon as ZC took over...even look in Harris's last full season...his receiving numbers were piddly...ZC sucks and has poor touch on those throws

2 minutes ago, Mike said:

This is a serious question: so what?

When you are asking how his production compares to other backs I think the answer to your question is pretty obvious.

1 minute ago, Booch said:

we stopped the check downs as soon as ZC took over...even look in Harris's last full season...his receiving numbers were piddly...ZC sucks and has poor touch on those throws

I don't think we really want Zac playing like Matt either.

Just now, GCn20 said:

Sure. I think in fairness one should compare YPC, and % per number of touches to Guage effectiveness. He got fed the rock way more than anyone else, and yes he did well with those carries but he didn't lead all rushers by any significant margin that isn't directly related to his usage.

Yes he did, what are you even talking about? The only guy he didn’t have a better YPC than was Kevin Brown, who didn’t take goal line touches and is going to naturally get a bump in his YPC from that.

Also, where is this “100 more than any other back” bullshit coming from? He had 25 less carries than James Butler and over 400 more yards. Is that significant enough for you? Hell the only full time back he had 100 more than was Mills and he wasn’t even the guy the whole year and missed 3 games.

1 minute ago, GCn20 said:

When you are asking how his production compares to other backs I think the answer to your question is pretty obvious.

It isn’t obvious, mostly because you seem completely lost about what his production actually looked like last year 

I'm happy with the return of Brady....He's coming off of a great year and his hometown status is great for the team...Could we have got him cheaper....not likely as I think the riders and lions were driving his ask....Eventually he took a little less to remain with the club and that is a bonus for us...Looking ahead I get a real warm feeling when I think of him and Streve in the same backfield....they will be punishing defenders left right and centre....Glad he's with us and not in the employ of the riders or leo's .....that I couldn't hack....Streveler signing and the deal we got there will make BO's contract a lot easier to handle.....Now to get Schoen back in the fold....

Just now, GCn20 said:

Oh I agree...like i mentioned erlier Kevin Brown had a higher avg yards per carry, and with touches he could get here...behind a real oline and his homerun speed...he's have had huge numbers here...

Just now, Booch said:

Oh I agree...like i mentioned erlier Kevin Brown had a higher avg yards per carry, and with touches he could get here...behind a real oline and his homerun speed...he's have had huge numbers here...

His YPC was higher because he didn’t take goal line touches. I’ll do the math later.

2 minutes ago, Booch said:

Yep, thats true. Despite being both being run heavy with similar IZR schemes, the rest of the offence from then to now is very very different. 

When we compare Brady to backs in the league it will always be apples to oranges. We are the only volume run team pounding away are the D with a powerback. 

Just now, Mike said:

Yes he did, what are you even talking about? The only guy he didn’t have a better YPC than was Kevin Brown, who didn’t take goal line touches and is going to naturally get a bump in his YPC from that.

Also, where is this “100 more than any other back” bullshit coming from? He had 25 less carries than James Butler and over 400 more yards. Is that significant enough for you? Hell the only full time back he had 100 more than was Mills and he wasn’t even the guy the whole year and missed 3 games.

BO actually had more carries thn Butler....

5 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

I dont think the production is what makes brady unique, its the production combined with the versatility and the passport. 1500 yards is rarer now because teams just dont run that much these days. 

The Offence was pretty different with harris, a lot more check down to harris based than last year. 

The Bombers have reshaped the running game in the West significantly, every team is prepared to go to war with a tough running game now.