2023/2024 Blue Bombers Off-Season Thread (BRADY’S BACK! DALTON’S BACK!)

Noeller

300k for Brady. Yeah. Don’t let the door hit you on the way out. Dude is delusional. Anything close to 200 and I move on. Dudes not worth it. He’s a replaceable RB with 1 good year now. Just delusional. Honestly. Hopefully nobody signs him and he learns a valuable lesson. 

Edited by Goalie

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

35 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Get kongbo back and ford. Tons of versatility. 

Apparently naylor says Brady wanted 300k. And came down to 250. 
 If it’s true, which isn’t far off the numbers every one was thinking he’d ask, It makes sense why a deal isn’t done. If no one else grabs him at 250 in the first week I actually like our chances of getting a reasonable 200k ish with incentives included. 
I can see some one giving him 250k possibly though. 

If he wants $200 I’d let him walk - let alone $250 to $300.

Just now, Geebrr said:

180k...Max...Anything more just isnt worth it when you can go import at the position...he's also a back he needs a lot of touches....and won't give u that homerun strike fro 40....50 yards out

Bombers have already demonstrated they're not prepared to overpay at the RB position. So Brady will be likely gone - even $180k is pushing it. I believe it's possible Schoen too signs elsewhere, not only because of a better offer from another club, but because he knows his career will be extended if he is paired with a QB who delivers the ball on time.

42 minutes ago, Noeller said:

250k for a RB...... good gravy. How far we've come......

I don’t think anyone is going that far. 😂

8 minutes ago, Booch said:

180k...Max...Anything more just isnt worth it when you can go import at the position...he's also a back he needs a lot of touches....and won't give u that homerun strike fro 40....50 yards out

That’s about where’d I’d stop. 

This isn’t Harris where he was almost the entire offence. He is part of the offence. 

I'm curious how much, if at all, the Bombers worry about the optics of letting a local kid who's involved in charities, etc, go elsewhere.... there's a lot of dumb people who don't necessarily understand the dollars and cents of it all, and just see the Bombers not willing to bring him back. I know we all don't really care about that, but I'm curious how much the Bombers think about it from a PR standpoint...

1 minute ago, Noeller said:

I'm curious how much, if at all, the Bombers worry about the optics of letting a local kid who's involved in charities, etc, go elsewhere.... there's a lot of dumb people who don't necessarily understand the dollars and cents of it all, and just see the Bombers not willing to bring him back. I know we all don't really care about that, but I'm curious how much the Bombers think about it from a PR standpoint...

I think most people would be fine with it. 

If people care about that more than the success of the team - they probably aren’t paying to go to games or buying merchandise anyway. 

11 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

Don't know if this is true or not but heard on the Ray and Benny Podcast that Andrew Harris made $235k at his peak, which would have been around 2019.  Could be these are the numbers Brady is basing his ask on.  Also Milt advising Brady to stay in Wpg. to take advantage of the outside football earnings that will be much more lucrative than any money he can make elsewhere.

7 minutes ago, Noeller said:

They won't care about optics one bit.

Their goal is to field a competitive team year in, year out.  They want a team that is capable of making a run when we host the Grey Cup.   They aren't about to cripple our roster by having so much cap space tied up in an expendable position.

5 minutes ago, Noeller said:

We let Harris walk after many great seasons. I don’t think it registers to them at all. 

3 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

Don't know if this is true or not but heard on the Ray and Benny Podcast that Andrew Harris made $235k at his peak, which would have been around 2019.  Could be these are the numbers Brady is basing his ask on.  Also Milt advising Brady to stay in Wpg. to take advantage of the outside football earnings that will be much more lucrative than any money he can make elsewhere.

He was basically the entire offence going into 2019. 

I doubt it was that big a number - but even if it was - that’s not where we are anymore. 

3 minutes ago, voodoochylde said:

They won't care about optics one bit.

Their goal is to field a competitive team and a team that is capable of making a run when we host the Grey Cup.   They aren't about to cripple our roster by having so much cap space tied up in an expendable position.

I think Wade might disagree with your viewpoint, his goal is to fill the stadium and sell merchandise, and to that end having a couple of local stars certainly helps.

1 minute ago, Fatty Liver said:

I think Wade might disagree with your viewpoint, his goal is to fill the stadium and sell merchandise, and to that end having a couple of local stars certainly helps.

The team wins the stadium will be full. Having locals is a bonus. 

11 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

Pretty sure Harris never topped 180

16 minutes ago, Noeller said:

They don't...Walters will go on record and say "this is what we could afford as to now disrupt the roster esewhere"....and say "this is what BO wanted"....and thats that

2 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Pretty sure Harris never topped 180

I think he pulled in 205k ONE YR.....But not that 235k NUMBER

Do ppl think sellouts didn’t happen b4 Demski Harris and Brady got here? Hell I remember the ticat boat incident. That was sell out. No local stars then. 

ppl don’t care if someone local is on the team. They care about the team winning. 

you know what wade cares about more? Putting a competitive team on the field. U can’t do that paying a fn RB over 200k.