Final day of the regular season Ti Cats at Als/ Argos at RedBlacks GDT

bustamente

4 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Lucky for Toronto the best qb they might face in the east final is cody fajardo. Imagine that

I actually was talking with a guy I tailgate with today about this.

After kicking it around awhile we both sort of felt that both Winnipeg and Toronto really ought to get there... But the 4 "other" teams are actually pretty significant banana skins. Any given Saturday is real.

2 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Agudosi now an Argo eh?

Yeah. Same as he ever was.

Flatters to deceive with unworldly measureables... But targeted twice, one catch. Has to do better than 50% to be in our gameday squad when healthy. (Like he was there)

1 minute ago, bluto said:

I actually was talking with a guy I tailgate with today about this.

After kicking it around awhile we both sort of felt that both Winnipeg and Toronto really ought to get there... But the 4 "other" teams are actually pretty significant banana skins. Any given Saturday is real.

Calgary is an awful team, they won't beat winnipeg in winnipeg. Bc could if their passing game is firing and their D gets pressure on collaros. Though I would expect the Bombers to handle them physically. 

The east on the other hand... the ticats qb situation is the shits and Montreal would be a decent team if they had someone not fajardoing all over the place. That guy is just fodder for a D like Toronto.

8 minutes ago, johnzo said:

Montreal is the ultimate mid-tier CFL team.  They were 0-7 against BC, Winnipeg, and Toronto and 11-0 against the rest of the league.  Wonder how often that's happen -- undefeated against lesser teams, winless against the top tier.

Yeah... But maybe they're due... <_<

3 hours ago, bustamente said:

Powell and or Shiltz give the Ti Cats an opportunity to win, BLM is cooked

Why do I feel like Saskatchewan hires Burris as HC and then dumps Harris and signs BLM to a mega contract?   

Meanwhile Harris goes to Ottawa and lights it up while BLM gets injured in week 3 and they go back to Dolegala?  

This idea in my head just seems right....

7 hours ago, TBURGESS said:

It's been in the rules for years. If we'd done it, you'd be on about how smart MOS is for knowing the rule and exploiting it. 

It's dumb. It's cheap. I don't care if you think it's brilliant strategy. Leave it to some obscure STC to make a miockery of the rules & make the CFL look like more of a joke than it already is. 

9 hours ago, Mark F said:

season over.....crum is going to enjoy not getting pounded weekly.

Ottawa is dreadful. We knew they'd never beat the Argos. I can't stand just how bad that team is managed & coached. Every year it never changes. 

16 hours ago, bluto said:

Popular sentiment around here.

Almost as popular as "they'll get upset in the East Final".

We'll see.

I want to see the Argo's in the cup for two reasons - 1)This will help the season ticket count in Toronto for the Argos and 2) Bombers will prove once and for all  they are the better team.

17 hours ago, 17to85 said:

But if it has to travel 10 yards you get into issues with a blocked punt etc etc. 

I think the play is fine, don't give guys such a cushion if you don't want to fall victim to that.

I think a distinction could be made with a blocked punt since the other team touches the ball behind the line of scrimmage  and it’s a loose ball situation. This seems like weird rule (ties to the old rugby union knock-on style kick).

Remember when OSH did the fake field goal in BC where he hid a player on the sidelines and deliberately shanked the kick to that onside player for a first down? The league jumped pretty quickly to alter that rule. I imagine there will be a review on the off-season about this type of play. 

A lot of the funky rules...and obscure ones were there when a lot of major rules in game were way different and hadn't changed to more modern ones...kudos to their coordinator seeing that one..and exploiting it

But I think too it needs to be altered a bit...or even shelved now...if we allowed dbs to play like before with contact and not this no more contact stuff ..sure..keep it..not as it is now through 

2 hours ago, BBRT said:

I want to see the Argo's in the cup for two reasons - 1)This will help the season ticket count in Toronto for the Argos and 2) Bombers will prove once and for all  they are the better team.

3) easier to get Grey Cup tickets if Hamilton isnt in it.

4) if its Bombers vs Toronto the crowd might actually cheer for the Bombers.

17 hours ago, Brandon said:

Why do I feel like Saskatchewan hires Burris as HC and then dumps Harris and signs BLM to a mega contract?   

Meanwhile Harris goes to Ottawa and lights it up while BLM gets injured in week 3 and they go back to Dolegala?  

This idea in my head just seems right....

Why do you think BLM would attract anyone right now? (I'm going to ignore the fact that he's not a FA this year) Nevermind a "mega" contract? Lol. 

1 hour ago, Bigblue204 said:

Why do you think BLM would attract anyone right now? (I'm going to ignore the fact that he's not a FA this year) Nevermind a "mega" contract? Lol. 

Have you not followed the Riders over the last several seasons?   More so have you not been on this site where everyone has ridiculed O'Day for terrible moves (or lack of moves) and how they continually make the club look inept?     My post was in jest but since they have been so clueless that their might actually be a chance of what I said happening.