Week 7 - E(l)ks @ Blue Bombers - GDT

JCon

2 minutes ago, voodoochylde said:

Nice to see the change and Eli officially backing up Kola at C (with a possible future move to start?) .. hoping this translates into a better overall performance this evening.

Go Blue.

That’s a good point about officially backing him up. 

They must be planning on easing him in. 

2 minutes ago, Booch said:

yeahb thats the first time he has been listed behind Kolo isnt it?

Yeah .. they've had Dobson at C since the start of the year which was a head scratcher to me.

The only reason I could think of for that (and it's a stretch) would be questions around Eli's commitment level to the CFL .. again .. not saying it's the case .. it's me stretching for a reason.

15 minutes ago, voodoochylde said:

Nice to see the change and Eli officially backing up Kola at C (with a possible future move to start?) .. hoping this translates into a better overall performance this evening.

Go Blue.

8 minutes ago, voodoochylde said:

Yeah .. they've had Dobson at C since the start of the year which was a head scratcher to me.

The only reason I could think of for that (and it's a stretch) would be questions around Eli's commitment level to the CFL .. again .. not saying it's the case .. it's me stretching for a reason.

It’s all coming together finally! 

10 minutes ago, voodoochylde said:

Well he did sign a 3 yr deal...and his commitment was taken away from him due to stupid regulations...If that had never happened...good chance Kolo wouldnt even be in the league...as he was already out of the league and we needed a body

8 minutes ago, Booch said:

Well he did sign a 3 yr deal...and his commitment was taken away from him due to stupid regulations...If that had never happened...good chance Kolo wouldnt even be in the league...as he was already out of the league and we needed a body

He also moved his family here full-time IIRC.  I don't have any doubts about his commitment.

then he would have never made the roster...I didnt realize he as here already...fact of the matter tho he was out of football for 2 yrs and nobody was knocking down his door....you would think at the least the Riders would have scrap heaped him

Just now, Booch said:

then he would have never made the roster...I didnt realize he as here already...fact of the matter tho he was out of football for 2 yrs and nobody was knocking down his door....you would think at the least the Riders would have scrap heaped him

ya what a bunch of idiots. their loss our gain

Just now, Booch said:

Best believe they’d flip a table over to get him now though.

1 hour ago, JCon said:

@DTonOB dropping some news. 

this is interesting and hopefully helpful... always good to get a mauler in at guard... if I was choosing which of the three interior guys I wanted changed, Gray probably would've been my third choice... but then again, WTF do I know...

EDIT: I think we'll still see a lot of Gray in TE formations tonight

Edited by bearpants

Just now, bearpants said:

this is interesting and hopefully helpful... always good to get a mauler in at guard... if I was choosing which of the three interior guys I wanted changed, Gray probably would've been my third choice... but then again, WTF do I know...

I think Gray was the least impactful when it came to the run game.

Got a true nasty boy back in the middle now.

Just now, Jesse said:

now get a mean thug at Center....Hi Eli...who wont get bullied and pushed into the pocket and then we be talking

13 minutes ago, Jesse said:

I don't know about that, Gray and Neufeld always seems to be the first ones downfield when the running game is working well.  If anything I think his pass protection suffers with his high center of gravity.

Edited by Fatty Liver

5 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

I don't know about that, Gray and Neufeld always seems to be the first ones downfield when the running game is working good.  If anything I think his pass protection suffers with his high center of gravity.

I think he's getting replaced for what happens when the run game isn't working well.

Dobson is lower and thicker. I think he's built to be a mauler.