Week 7 - E(l)ks @ Blue Bombers - GDT

JCon

50 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Always thought Dobson was a much more talented (and somehow angrier??) version of Matt Sheridan. Sheridan was a bar bouncer at Guard, Dobson is that but with a lot of athleticism. I'm legitimately excited to see him full time, for sure. 

He’s like if you had an athletic d1 imp version of Sheridan. He and Eli are real nasty pieces of work too. Some thing we’ve missed since desjarlais left. 

38 minutes ago, MOBomberFan said:

I always pulled for the home town boy... his unicycle act and NFL stint had me hyped... he is still young by OL standards, lots of time to get back in the starting rotation

He possesses a natural talent as an offensive tackle, with a lanky build that's remarkably athletic. I hope he's being considered for the succession plan of Stanley and Jermarcus.

Just now, Pepper_Brooks said:

He possesses a natural talent as an offensive tackle, with a lanky build that's remarkably athletic. I hope he's being considered for the succession plan of Stanley and Jermarcus.

This would be incredible if he could pull it off. I'm skeptical of Canadian tackles but it's not impossible

2 minutes ago, MOBomberFan said:

This would be incredible if he could pull it off. I'm skeptical of Canadian tackles but it's not impossible

I'd be okay with him at Right Tackle down the road.....and for now he is the perfect 6th as he can play either guard spot...right tackle and has had work at center....If we get Eli in there full time now thats a lot of beef and meanness in the middle of the line...as well as talent as both were developed in NCAA schools and have been learning from the best line and what I consider the best oline coach in Canada

1 minute ago, Booch said:

I'd be okay with him at Right Tackle down the road.....and for now he is the perfect 6th as he can play either guard spot...right tackle and has had work at center....If we get Eli in there full time now thats a lot of beef and meanness in the middle of the line...as well as talent as both were developed in NCAA schools and have been learning from the best line and what I consider the best oline coach in Canada

Yep. The plan clearly seems Richmond at lt gray at rt. But Bryant might our last Richmond at This rate lol. 
 We are very fortune to have Costello coaching the ol. But it’s crazy to me that bob Wylie is in the xfl. 

2 minutes ago, MOBomberFan said:

I share the same sentiment. It's always heartwarming to cheer for a fellow Winnipeg boy. I met Geoff a few times back when he was at the UofM, what the specific events were escape my memory, but it's hard to forget chatting to someone with his impressive stature. He struck me as very well spoken and intellectually gifted.

I hope he remains with the Bombers for a long time, but I am confident that wherever his career takes him next, he will achieve great success. I believe that he is a PhD or Masters candidate in mechanical engineering, which speaks volumes about his dedication and intelligence.

4 hours ago, Noeller said:

wait - so we think Gray was the problem, now? I thought it was Neufeld that we hated? I am a bit lost....

This Neufeld? that won this award last season?

"CFLPA All-Star nominations are considered to be highly prestigious awards as they are voted on by peers – for the players and by the players. "

I recall neufeld being the whipping boy before the two championships.

Edited by Mark F

1 hour ago, Mark F said:

"CFLPA All-Star nominations are considered to be highly prestigious awards as they are voted on by peers – for the players and by the players. "

Neufeld and Kolo have definitely been giving up lots of pressure on Zach. Most the time, Neufeld or Kolo miss their man. Last year is a long time ago when you are 30 year old  plus vet 

Of all our vets, the 2 who I feel look like they lost a step from even last year... Neufeld and Jake 

Edited by Goalie

1 hour ago, Mark F said:

We’ve seen guys win stuff like that and all star etc and go in signed the next year. That’s a popularity contest nothing more or less.