Bombers @ redblacks GDT - Week 6

2 minutes ago, Alpaca said:

How can you not put blame on the D? A rookie QB driving the field with a minute left to score a TD an 2 point convert. Not to mention all the yard’s given up in the second half? Not saying our O shouldn’t shoulder any blame but just the last drive alone is unacceptable. 

The D was gassed by then. They were also trying to execute some of the worst play calling I've ever seen in that type of situation. I'm still flabbergasted by it......flabbergasted I'll tell ya!!

We didn't really have intensity, our offence dropped a couple catchable balls that were prob. two TD's. Our O-line could not establish a run game, we threw a pick 6. Our specials were not good enough, we bobbled a few returns, our punting was mediocre, and then defensively we allowed the underneath stuff all game again and had no answer for a mobile QB. In no league is it acceptable to allow a QB two long running TD's.

Props to Crum and to Dyce, they deserved it today

Oh well on to Edm. we better play "PO'd" next week

In my opinion....offence ineptitude and the same ol' same ol' play safe after up a few points instead of keeping knee on throat killed us..

Defence had them.hemmed up all game but when u have to keep going out there on short rest against a running scrambling QB...they will get gassed...factor in over rotating your sub par rotational pieces for whatever reason..and not having an adequate import lb replacement cause u dress another reciever u didn't use...and don't utilize the Nationalized rule due to your pride or stubborness..and you see the result when your offence and o.c **** the bed

13 minutes ago, Jesse said:

People blaming the D are out to lunch, imo.

Not only should the offence have but this game out of reach early (remember when Ottawa couldn't even get a first down?), but we had two turnovers, including the pick-6, that allowed Ottawa the shot at that last drive.

Don't blame the defense? What adjustments did we do to take the run away? How many sacks in the second half? Over 400 yards passing in the second half by a rookie qb because of soft zone coverage. As bad as the O was, the D wasn't much better.

2 minutes ago, Alpaca said:

All I’m saying is after the bombers put them on the 15, I was already celebrating thinking no way they let this QB (who was only beating us running) take it 95 yards for a Td. Regardless what had happened to that point. 

Yeah I mean outside of Castillo everything else pretty unexcusable.

1 minute ago, Booch said:

In my opinion....offence ineptitude and the same ol' same ol' play safe after up a few points instead of keeping knee on throat killed us..

Defence had them.hemmed up all game but when u have to keep going out there on short rest against a running scrambling QB...they will get gassed...factor in over rotating your sub par rotational pieces for whatever reason..and not having an adequate import lb replacement cause u dress another reciever u didn't use...and don't utilize the Nationalized rule due to your pride or stubborness..and you see the result when your offence and o.c **** the bed

Taking our foot off the gas pedal was really hurtful in last years post season run and is a good part of this years offensive inconsistency. We get in a groove put up a a couple scores on a couple drives then stop doing what made us successful. Offence gets out of a rhythm and we struggle greatly to get back into the rhythm. 

as much as roster choices have hurt us this year, collaros seems to be getting upset with this play call. 

Just now, wbbfan said:

Taking our foot off the gas pedal was really hurtful in last years post season run and is a good part of this years offensive inconsistency. We get in a groove put up a a couple scores on a couple drives then stop doing what made us successful. Offence gets out of a rhythm and we struggle greatly to get back into the rhythm. 

as much as roster choices have hurt us this year, collaros seems to be getting upset with this play call. 

Happens much too often...and it's not helping the oline in getting in a groove and taking things over

2 minutes ago, Booch said:

A speed guy and good tackler in Cole in instead of Briggs would have solved several of those extended drives with QB scrambles...coaching and roster gaff thru and thru 

Not wrong. But no matter who we had we were not prepared to contain a running qb at all. He ate the lunch of wj biggie jeffcoat and more with regularity in the second half. I blame hall for not preparing them better in scout team. Qb contain is discipline and preparation. Thats the one thing we had to do to win today. And we didn’t do it in the second half. 

It feels like this team has no killer edge. When we have an opponent down ready for the kill shot or putting the dagger in them it feels like we completely take the foot off the pedal and just lay off.  

Foolish me thought we would just play normal and have time for Dru Brown to get some reps in the 4th.

Happens much too often...and it's not helping the oline in getting in a groove and taking things over

We need to be able to run on people. And right now we don’t. We get to run when teams don’t gap cancel with good run fits. We used to physically dominate the line. And with this interior ol, we can’t do that any more. When we can’t do that it hurts our ability to protect Zach. 

11 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Because if the O does anything over 20 minutes of game time that drive doesn't even matter.  The D turned Ottawa over on third down twice and the O scored zilch.  Get a FG on one of those possessions...GAME OVER.

Crum: Twenty yards passing first half. Two hundred 221 yards passing second half. Zero yards running 1st half. & 94 yards rushing in the second half. Still, we needed just one stop defensively & we'd have won. We didn't get it. Nah, defense was stellar. So, we have issues on both sides of the ball. Ottawa won their Grey Cup today.

1 minute ago, Brandon said:

It feels like this team has no killer edge. When we have an opponent down ready for the kill shot or putting the dagger in them it feels like we completely take the foot off the pedal and just lay off.  

Foolish me thought we would just play normal and have time for Dru Brown to get some reps in the 4th.

Hate to say it, but I don’t know how we can get it back with the way mos runs things. He isn’t going to send a message to the guys by cutting or benching some one or by holding them accountable. He’s going to let the room do it, they will just focus on next week and be further diminished. 

We’ve been punched in the mouth twice this year. Once by a comparable team and once by a significantly worse team. That happens. But we didn’t fight back. You can’t be old and lack the ability to fight back. You have to have more fight to beat younger guys. 

That...and Osh needs to start coaching like a prick..same way he played...and that edge will permiate thru on down...no need to be a nice guy 

Nice guy coaches tend to have a limited half life. Once things get to the point where old Guys are long in the tooth and short on performance either the nice guy has to be put away or things will get much worse quickly. That made don Mathew’s career. Easy weeks as long as you win. Underperform and the don shows up and kicks some ass. 

I would have the team in for as much practice and film as the cba allows this week. And I would have the vets in pads and on the side line. Make them watch while young guys take their spot. One vet I’d cut right now, three Id bench for sure vs edm no matter how the young guys practice. One young guy I’d send to the pr and another vet or two would be in real risk of going home. 

4 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

He's always been that way, though. He'll take a dagger for his guys instead of throwing them.

3 minutes ago, Booch said:

Which grows old and starts to diminish the success and allure..he needs to mix it up now

Which is fine. If some one else will be the bad cop. Miller or walters should walk into that locker room tear some guys new ass holes. 

8 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Crum: Twenty yards passing first half. Two hundred 221 yards passing second half. Zero yards running 1st half. & 94 yards rushing in the second half. Still, we needed just one stop defensively & we'd have won. We didn't get it. Nah, defense was stellar. So, we have issues on both sides of the ball. Ottawa won their Grey Cup today.

The D got stops.  The O needed one score in almost a half to win...in a CFL game.

5 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Nice guy coaches tend to have a limited half life. Once things get to the point where old Guys are long in the tooth and short on performance either the nice guy has to be put away or things will get much worse quickly. That made don Mathew’s career. Easy weeks as long as you win. Underperform and the don shows up and kicks some ass. 

I would have the team in for as much practice and film as the cba allows this week. And I would have the vets in pads and on the side line. Make them watch while young guys take their spot. One vet I’d cut right now, three Id bench for sure vs edm no matter how the young guys practice. One young guy I’d send to the pr and another vet or two would be in real risk of going home. 

I can't imagine anyone can watch the season to this point and not be uncomfortable putting Neufeld out to protect their franchise quarterback.

To me that's an easy switch.  The amount of times he's not even blocking anyone and wildly swinging his head as someone takes a free run into the pocket, even on his inside gap, or just popping up to try to lean on guys without bringing his base, feet, with him...can't do it.  Can't be out there.  We have other options.  Guy is hardly a speed bump even right now.

Edited by JuranBoldenRules

6 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

The D got stops.  The O needed one score in almost a half to win...in a CFL game.

The same thing with the D. They needed one stop. They didn't get it. I see the same D I saw with Hall five years ago. Giving up huge chunks of real estate thru the air, DB's in chase mode constantly. The worst outside linebackers in the league. How we couldn't have upgraded our DT's over the off season in free agency is beyond me. We all expected it but it never happened. Should have been a slam dunk. Inexplicably, it wasn't.

Edited by SpeedFlex27

2 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

The same thing with the D. They needed one stop. They didn't get it. I see the same D I saw with Hall five years ago. Giving up huge chunks of real estate thru the air, DB's in chase mode constantly. The worst outside linebackers in the league. How we couldn't have upgraded our D over the off season in free agency is beyond me. We all expected it but it never happened. Should have been a slam dunk. Inexplicably, it wasn't.

The D needed one more stop., they made stops  The O needed to do anything.  The O didn't pick up the team at all.  And like you said that's where the money is.  Like drive to the 45 yard line once and let Castillo kick for 3 anytime in a quarter and a half --> GAME OVER