Around The NHL 2023-24

33 minutes ago, Brandon said:

If that was the real reason why he wouldn't sign then the kid is a  moron and I wouldn't want a diva like him on my team.        I'd hope it was for other reasons why he wouldn't sign. 

I'm certain that's a half-truth at best. I'm inclined to believe more in the "Wanted to burn a year of ELC last year, Flyers wouldn't do it, agent and family got pissy, refused to sign..." story than anything else. 

24 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I'm certain that's a half-truth at best. I'm inclined to believe more in the "Wanted to burn a year of ELC last year, Flyers wouldn't do it, agent and family got pissy, refused to sign..." story than anything else. 

That or he didn't want to be coached by Torts, pretty soon are we gonna have more young players dictating what team they will go to in the draft?

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

I always love it when the family of the player gets involved. Get yer popcorn here.

2 hours ago, Brandon said:

If that was the real reason why he wouldn't sign then the kid is a  moron and I wouldn't want a diva like him on my team.        I'd hope it was for other reasons why he wouldn't sign. 

I’ve heard it’s one of the main reasons. The other ones are personal. 

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

I was gonna say, it's not like this is a new thing...

In Winnipeg's case...Nathan Smith

1 hour ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Reading the The Golden Knights are struggling right now.

Must be tough struggling with the weigh of that Stanley Cup ring on their finger. Still have them repeating.

4 hours ago, Noeller said:

Taken from The Score Josh Wegman:

Cutter Gauthier didn't divulge the exact reason for his trade request from the Philadelphia Flyers, but he did shed some light on his decision.

"It wasn't one specific reason why I asked for a trade," Gauthier told reporters on a Zoom call Wednesday, including The Sporting Tribune's Derek Lee. "It was multiple, re-occurring issues that I'd seen over the past year and a half, two years of being under the Flyers organization. It kind of hit me all at once, thinking 'I can't move forward with this' and 'I really need to step up for myself and see what's best for my future' and that's what I did."

He added: "I haven't seen one thing that's been remotely close to the reasons that I decided."

Cryptic at its best.

16 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Taken from The Score Josh Wegman:

Cutter Gauthier didn't divulge the exact reason for his trade request from the Philadelphia Flyers, but he did shed some light on his decision.

"It wasn't one specific reason why I asked for a trade," Gauthier told reporters on a Zoom call Wednesday, including The Sporting Tribune's Derek Lee. "It was multiple, re-occurring issues that I'd seen over the past year and a half, two years of being under the Flyers organization. It kind of hit me all at once, thinking 'I can't move forward with this' and 'I really need to step up for myself and see what's best for my future' and that's what I did."

He added: "I haven't seen one thing that's been remotely close to the reasons that I decided."

Cryptic at its best.

Flyers on upswing now so maybe tougher to make lineup compared to one of the worst in NHL. Could be the coach too.

36 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Flyers on upswing now so maybe tougher to make lineup compared to one of the worst in NHL. Could be the coach too.

To me this makes no sense if he's a confident young man in his abilities as he'd want to play on a top tier team.

Also, if you believe what he said, he said it had nothing to do with the coach.

Gauthier was supposed to be a part of that upswing tho. 

To me it sounds like he just isn’t a Flyers fan. Not sure what they did the past couple years to him, this leads me to think they maybe weren’t gonna guarantee him 9 games if he turned pro or no bonus money. Flyers have done lots of good the last 2 years in my opinion 

15 hours ago, Goalie said:

Gauthier was supposed to be a part of that upswing tho. 

To me it sounds like he just isn’t a Flyers fan. Not sure what they did the past couple years to him, this leads me to think they maybe weren’t gonna guarantee him 9 games if he turned pro or no bonus money. Flyers have done lots of good the last 2 years in my opinion 

no one wants to play for Torts.  How that clown stays in the NHL is a mystery.

3 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

no one wants to play for Torts.  How that clown stays in the NHL is a mystery.

There are lots of asshat coaches or managers in every major pro league. Good or bad the players have to play for everyone even if they don't like it. Darryl "Chuckles" Sutter is another coach players hated but they had no choice.

34 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

There are lots of asshat coaches or managers in every major pro league. Good or bad the players have to play for everyone even if they don't like it. Darryl "Chuckles" Sutter is another coach players hated but they had no choice.

Never understood that though, yes they have no choice while under contract, but if you've got good guys, don't you want to keep them?  Like for instance, Scheif and Helle?

Edited by kelownabomberfan