Bombers Rookie Camp/Training Camp/Pre-Season Thread

Maybe we have the curse of bringing back receivers?    Didn't Matthews come back and either stab someone or was stabbed himself?   Maybe it's a curse like the Madden curse?  We simply can't sign an impact receiver without something bad happening?

3 hours ago, O2L said:

We’re all on the same page, right? Pepper_Brooks is obviously ChatGPT and y’all are just playing along with the joke?

I'm working under the assumption it's another bored Riders fan trolling around here. The Fry squinty eyes meme is me every time I read one of its posts.... 

51 minutes ago, Booch said:

meh....crap happens...lib=ve and learn and know u know....he'll be back in lineup...and we will be better....and he will be fresh

He will come in angry and motivated af now. I expect him to play like his hair is on fire the first few weeks back. 

30 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

7of94l.jpg

I get what you're saying, but it is separate. 

He plead guilty and will have a punishment for that. And honestly, if you read articles and not just headlines it is always mentioned that it is due to the DUI. I don't see anyone sugarcoating this.

Any player needs to bring themselves within the legal requirements to work within a host country. This time it’s a criminal issue. Bombers could be a facilitating party, but the law places he onus on the individual. 

22 hours ago, Booch said:

AD WE STILL MAY....Big no to Sankey tho...He cant do what Biggie is responsible in our system

Just using Sankey as an example. Anyone who has read my posts about Sankey knows that I feel he is a one trick pony. However, if Biggie went down in game 16 he is an option available that wouldn't totally hoop us. Certainly not suggesting he could replace Biggie though..no one could.

Edited by GCn20

17 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

It's an immigration issue related to his guilty plea to the DUI... so they aren't wrong to call it an immigration issue.

Without the DUI, there is no immigration issue. If he took care of the DUI like he should have, there'd be no immigration issue. 

6 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

Without the DUI, there is no immigration issue. If he took care of the DUI like he should have, there'd be no immigration issue. 

The issue is immigration and a work visa.  He's inadmissible under his previous visa with the conviction.  There's no way to "take care of the DUI" to avoid this.  The visa issue should have been taken care of earlier

10 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

Well, that's not true.

It existed the second he made his guilty plea. Now, you may be able to argue that he could have dealt with the immigration issue sooner, but there' no way to know that for sure, This may just be how long it has taken. 

14 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

Don't you ever get tired of being wrong? 

He took care of the DUI and that is what led to the immigration issue that he needed to take care of.

I think what he is saying is that if Lawler didn't get himself into legal issues then none of this would be a problem.      

Yes he is correct on that but we cannot reverse time.    If we need to point a finger at this point it's the lawyer or possibly his agent for not crossing all t's and dotting all i's and making sure everything was air  tight. 

2 hours ago, Noeller said:

I'm working under the assumption it's another bored Riders fan trolling around here. The Fry squinty eyes meme is me every time I read one of its posts.... 

Yup - always around a Gapper game some new account opens and posts a billion times  before eventually getting exposed. 

They’re feeling good after that mean nothing pre-season - so here we are. 

22 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Don't you ever get tired of being wrong? 

He took care of the DUI and that is what led to the immigration issue that he needed to take care of.

He only pled guilty to the DUI charges this past April when he was charged in Oct. 2021, don't know why it took so long or if he had any control over the court date, but that's the reason his work visa hasn't been sorted out yet. 

Edited by Fatty Liver

20 minutes ago, Brandon said:

I think what he is saying is that if Lawler didn't get himself into legal issues then none of this would be a problem.      

Yes he is correct on that but we cannot reverse time.    If we need to point a finger at this point it's the lawyer or possibly his agent for not crossing all t's and dotting all i's and making sure everything was air  tight. 

Doubt you'll find anyone here condoning drinking and driving, but it happened and he's taken responsibility for it and that includes sorting out his immigration issues.

16 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

Yup - always around a Gapper game some new account opens and posts a billion times  before eventually getting exposed. 

They’re feeling good after that mean nothing pre-season - so here we are. 

Being called a Rider fan is nothing short of slanderous—nothing lower than accusing me of having an incurable addiction to green face paint and excessive amounts of banjo music!

How funny it is that my kids also insist I wax poetic too often, but I refuse their critique and continue indulging in my  musings.

2 hours ago, 17to85 said:

He should have taken care of the DUI before this April. It happened 610 days ago. No DUI = No problem. It isn't an immigration issue, it's a DUI issue. 

Folks want to say it's everyone except Lawler's fault, but that's just making excuses. No it's not his agents fault for not taking care of it for him. No, it's not the Bombers fault for not taking care of it for him. No, it's not the PA's fault for not warning him. All he had to do was google "dui canada border" and he would have found out what to do.

The whole situation is totally Lawler's fault for getting a DUI and not taking care of things way back in October 2021.

4 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

It isn't an immigration issue, it's a DUI issue.

The two are related. As a foreign national, a DUI (charge or conviction) technically* makes him criminally inadmissible. Whatever wasn't dealt with back in 2021 is 100% on him and it's frustrating to have to speculate on what was missed nearly two years later.

It's baffling that this was allowed to fester for as long as it has, to the point he's now suspended and it remains unresolved. But it is what it is.

* there are provisions for individuals - such as athletes, artists, musicians, and other entertainers - to permit entry (Temporary Resident Permit)

14 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

He should have taken care of the DUI before this April. It happened 610 days ago. No DUI = No problem. It isn't an immigration issue, it's a DUI issue. 

Folks want to say it's everyone except Lawler's fault, but that's just making excuses. No it's not his agents fault for not taking care of it for him. No, it's not the Bombers fault for not taking care of it for him. No, it's not the PA's fault for not warning him. All he had to do was google "dui canada border" and he would have found out what to do.

The whole situation is totally Lawler's fault for getting a DUI and not taking care of things way back in October 2021.

I personally blame the cops 

Not quite sure what TBURGESS is trying to say here.  Yes Lawler shouldn’t have been drinking and driving, everyone can agree on that but as far as taking care of it October 21st. He had to wait for his court date. For the record it is an immigration issue due to him taking responsibility for a DUI. How is it that one person in particular always thinks they are right and everyone else wrong?

43 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

He should have taken care of the DUI before this Apri

Was that an option?

You think a guy can just dictate when his thing is processed through the justice system?

It's still an immigration issue at this point. That it's related to his guilty pleasure doesn't change that fact.