Bombers Rookie Camp/Training Camp/Pre-Season Thread

11 minutes ago, Jesse said:

It was at the time. It has since evolved. While it is the reason for the story, it is no longer the story.

You are wrong here. DUI is the story. The media and fans want to change it to immigration issues to soften the story. 

23 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

You are wrong here. DUI is the story. The media and fans want to change it to immigration issues to soften the story. 

Have you written a letter yet?

You seem to be the only person who gives a ****. I'm not sure why...don't answer either cause I don't care. But thanks for the laughs.

Edited by Bigblue204

1 minute ago, Bigblue204 said:

Have you written a letter yet?

You seem to be the only person who gives a ****. I'm not sure why...don't answer either cause I don't care. But thanks for the laughs.

If I was the only one who gave s***, it would have ended when I posted the meme. 

It's funny how people think that Lawler couldn't have done anything about the DUI before he did. I guess it's just a coincidence that he got in front of a judge as soon as he got back to Winnipeg. 

9b79cc1eafb91eaee61a2aff4f199fd84348f054

28 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

The DUI was the story when it happened two years ago and was extensively written about then. Lawler did not receive a free pass from anyone on that. Now he is unable to play because of an IMMIGRATION ISSUE stemming from his conviction. It's that simple really. It's only you that wants to speak about the DUI again. To the rest of us, it's old news.

Just now, TBURGESS said:

If I was the only one who gave s***, it would have ended when I posted the meme. 

It's funny how people think that Lawler couldn't have done anything about the DUI before he did. I guess it's just a coincidence that he got in front of a judge as soon as he got back to Winnipeg. 

WPG SUN:

1700 Church Avenue
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
R2X 3A2

WPG FREE PRESS

1355 Mountain Avenue, Winnipeg, Manitoba R2X 3B6

27 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

I disagree. 

The DUI was the story when it happened. The issue now is Kenny is ineligible to work due to the DUI. The club needs to file paperwork through the immigration office, not a criminal court in order to regain that eligibility - hence, immigration issue.

Any headline reads "LAWLER SUSPENDED" and the DUI mentioned as the reason - No one is softening anything. 

1 minute ago, TBURGESS said:

Probably not a coincidence at all. But why that matters is beyond me. At the end of the day the immigration hiccup just happened last week. Whether he was convicted in November or April is of little consequence to that.

38 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

If someone is released from prison after serving their time and it is having trouble getting over the border it is an immigration issue. 

Pro football is not the soap box to stand on for looking down upon criminal records. We all know that it’s an escape for people in the hardiest circumstances in North America. 
 most every immigration problem in the cfl and in the country as a whole, is a criminal issue. 

4 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

It's also possible that he and his lawyer kicked it down the road so it didn't impact him last season (which has also been reported/suggested). The issue is we don't know the private details of his case so are also open to the possibility that it just took this long.

You're the only one trying to say that the events happened a specific way and saying everyone else is wrong.

17 hours ago, TBURGESS said:

Don't you ever get tired of being a Bomber shill? 

You think it takes more than 19 months to get a hearing for a DUI? 

You think Lawler told the Bombers before they signed him that his DUI was still outstanding & that the Bombers didn't do anything about it?

You think Lawler is the only import to get a DUI in Canada?

I don't think any of those things are true. The DUI is the reason for Lawler's immigration problem & the media should report it that way. No DUI... No Problem.

Don't you ever get tired of being a closet Lions fan? It's PRIDE month, as good a time as any to come out of the closet. You might find that it liberates you and it sure as hell would explain most of your contrarian logic to the rest of us.

Just now, Jesse said:

It's also possible that he and his lawyer kicked it down the road so it didn't impact him last season (which has also been reported/suggested). The issue is we don't know the private details of his case so are also open to the possibility that it just took this long.

You're the only one trying to say that the events happened a specific way and saying everyone else is wrong.

Yea. He might have been able to take care of the DUI charge...who knows? However, he could not apply for a new work visa until he had a new contract. That COULD NOT happen much earlier than it did, nor can anyone control how fast his VISA app would be processed, The argument that this could have all been sorted out earlier is complete fiction as first comes the new contract, then comes the VISA app, then comes the processing time, then comes the decision to grant the VISA. All in that order. Realistically, the DUI charge being settled earlier would not have helped at all.

36 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

Two things can be possible at the same time, especially when they're connected. The charges impact his admissibility as a temporary resident.

It's not rocket appliances.

48 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

Wrong again. No one is trying to soften anything. You're just hung up on the fact he got a DUI and trying to change the facts of the world to fit your viewpoint (again). 

4 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

None of this matters - nothing that could have/should have been done changes anything. 

Kenny can't get the games back, obviously. But if his agent dropped the ball or something that, it might be something that Kenny considers.

Same deal with the Bombers. If this caught them unawares, they may want to make sure they're more diligent in checking into players that are being brought in.

5 minutes ago, Jesse said:

Kenny can't get the games back, obviously. But if his agent dropped the ball or something that, it might be something that Kenny considers.

Same deal with the Bombers. If this caught them unawares, they may want to make sure they're more diligent in checking into players that are being brought in.

I meant for his particular situation right now and the three weeks. 

It isn’t like him getting a DUI or admitting guilt is a new story. It was a story that was extensively covered 2 years ago. They had a press conference. 

Saying that not enough is being made of the DUI and that this is the main topic is hilarious. Maybe they should have another press conference and Lawler can tell us about how sorry he is for doing something two years ago again. 

14 minutes ago, Jesse said:

Bombers knew he had charges pending. Bombers knew it might affect his work VISA. What they couldn't do is apply for a work visa sooner than what they did or make Canada Border Services go any faster processing it before he signed a contract with them. That could not happen until the 3rd week of February at the earliest. He plead out his case in the first week in April. We are talking at most a week that could have been saved.

Also, let's not forget the backlog created by the Federal employee strike that most definitely delayed his VISA application.

Edited by GCn20

3 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

I meant for his particular situation right now and the three weeks. 

It isn’t like him getting a DUI or admitting guilt is a new story. It was a story that was extensively covered 2 years ago. They had a press conference. 

Saying that not enough is being made of the DUI and that this is the main topic is hilarious. Maybe they should have another press conference and Lawler can tell us about how sorry he is for doing something two years ago again. 

Yeah, I was just trying to get off the DUI vs. Immigration topic. Yawn.

Jeff Hamilton suggested that the Bombers told us a conservative estimate and it may only take 2-3 weeks, rather than 3-4. So my new hope is that Kenny is back for Week 2.

3 minutes ago, Jesse said:

Yeah, I was just trying to get off the DUI vs. Immigration topic. Yawn.

Jeff Hamilton suggested that the Bombers told us a conservative estimate and it may only take 2-3 weeks, rather than 3-4. So my new hope is that Kenny is back for Week 2.

It is just bad timing is what I chalk it up to. The federal strike kind of threw a wrench into his VISA application just after he would have filed it and it's just one of those unforeseeable circumstances that happen in life.