Winnipeg Jets 2023 Off-Season Thread

13 minutes ago, JCon said:

That's an interesting comment and an interesting article. 

I believe the Jets needed a captain to be the face of the team for the media/fans. It doesn't seem to matter to this group of players. 

I love Brenden Dillon and that article just reenforces why. The other players quoted had a hint of qualification to their answers, but not Dillon.

16 minutes ago, JCon said:

That's an interesting comment and an interesting article. 

I believe the Jets needed a captain to be the face of the team for the media/fans. It doesn't seem to matter to this group of players. 

When I read articles like this, you just get the feeling something stinks in paradise.

4 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

I love Brenden Dillon and that article just reenforces why. The other players quoted had a hint of qualification to their answers, but not Dillon.

Addition by subtraction. 

1 minute ago, HardCoreBlue said:

When I read articles like this, you just get the feeling something stinks in paradise.

I think it tells you exactly what most fans know, which is that Wheeler was a problem. Too bad Chevy never figured that out. Could have kept some good people. 

14 minutes ago, JCon said:

Addition by subtraction. 

I think it tells you exactly what most fans know, which is that Wheeler was a problem. Too bad Chevy never figured that out. Could have kept some good people. 

And I think it might go beyond just Wheeler.

This season will be interesting to see how things unfold.

13 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Oh, I'm certain that Scheif is an issue too. But, I am curious to see how this season goes. 

Chevy blew it when he couldn't move Scheif or Helle. Neither will be here next year and this team is not competing for a Stanley Cup, full stop. 

20 minutes ago, JCon said:

Oh, I'm certain that Scheif is an issue too. But, I am curious to see how this season goes. 

Chevy blew it when he couldn't move Scheif or Helle. Neither will be here next year and this team is not competing for a Stanley Cup, full stop. 

This is an inconvenient truth for me that frustrates the hell out of me.

On 2023-09-15 at 9:19 AM, HardCoreBlue said:

Perhaps most the core honestly as they all grew up with Wheels leading the way. 

Mark. Kyle. Fly. Josh. Lowsy. Apples. There's a few. 

But I get the feeling a guy like Dillon is probably going to really step up with the veteran leadership in the room and that's a good thing. KCs attitude is concerning 

And bones putting kc with Mark again, just asking for problems 

Edited by Goalie

Excerpt quoting CH taken from the Winnipeg Sun:

“If I say anything now, it could change tomorrow,” Hellebuyck said. “It’s the business side of things. I have an open mind. I’m not closing the door on anything. I’m going to look at anywhere that I think can win a Cup, and I know this locker-room can win a Cup. That’s how hard I worked all summer. That’s how hard I’ve worked my whole career.

“I’m going to win a Cup, and wherever I can win a Cup is where I want to be.”

So sorry to beat this horse to death but with the fervour I see some here in stating that it is not the intention of the Winnipeg Jets this year to win the Stanley Cup, they should indeed then trade CH and MS immediately.

Knowing I'm probably being naive but a simple question I would love to pose to GM KC is just a simple yes or no answer with no qualifiers (ie: but, if, ideally, etc) 

Was it your goal immediately after the Jets were ousted from the 2022/2023 playoff race to put together a locker room for this upcoming 2023/2024 season to realistically win the cup this year?

I think that's a fair question with the reasonable expectation of receiving a direct truthful answer. 

1 hour ago, bb1 said:

Ahhh Football and Hockey..who could ask for more?😉

I'll be greedy and ask for more. I'm asking for a Grey Cup and Stanley Cup win.

Okay okay I know. I need to adjust my expectations.

I'll take a Grey Cup win this year with a full GM review when/if we (the Jets) don't make the playoffs. 

Edited by HardCoreBlue