Friday Bombers vs Chris Jones

BigBlue

26 minutes ago, bearpants said:

wait a minute... Jordan Reaves is still in the CFL???

I'm no expert on this sort of stuff... so someone please correct me if I'm wrong... but doesn't it make more sense to have Bailey fill in for Ellingson at slot and Grant at WR ?

Wouldn’t read too much into it they move around a lot based on formation. 

Interesting we never heard about McCrae being injured since he didn’t finish the game last week.

Aligning for Bailey to have a big game, he’ll be targeted more.

34 minutes ago, Mr. Perfect said:

Watch Agudosi and Harrison go off, and Walters just sitting back saying "TASTE DEEZ NUTZ!"

laughed right out loud.... post of the week. 

I'm concerned about replacing Ellingson's second down production, but hopeful that Schoen and Woogie will step up to fill that role....

20 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

10 new guys and some questionable options (Carter at backup safety, Simonise at back up cb), lots of newbies feels like it should favour us but I fear a trap.

Yeah this looks like a preseason line up change. Need to get off to a big lead while the Elks adjust. I think they will have a rough start and make a late come back but ultimately will drop another L on the season. 

22 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

10 new guys and some questionable options (Carter at backup safety, Simonise at back up cb), lots of newbies feels like it should favour us but I fear a trap.

Thus far the back to back champs are un trappable. I hope it continues. 

ellingson hurts but I feel like Bailey schoen and woli can all fill in for his touches. Harrison adding a real deep threat could be huge. 
 This game is likely to define the roster at wr when every one is healthy. 

jefferson out really hurts. I don’t see any way we can add what we lose with him.  I expect to see a whole lot of hansen at de. 

8 minutes ago, Noeller said:

well, you know what Ritchie used to say about changes to the roster from week to week.......here's hoping it's trouble for the L'ks...

They've been making fairly large roster changes almost every week and that's not even factoring in how Jones likes to move guys around.  Their record would seem to support Ritchie's saying...

• Week 2: 12 players added, 10 removed.
  • Week 3: 7 players added, 5 removed.
  • Week 4:  6 players added, 4 removed.
  • Week 5: 1 player added, 1 removed.
  • Week 6:  6 players added, 5 removed. 
  • Week 7: 10 players added, 9 removed.

Am i the only one that thinks were using the wrong guys as SB/WR like pretty much all the time?? Not much to complain about being 6-0 and back-to-back champs but man having Wolitarski and Bailey as WR's while having Agudosi and Grant inside just seems completely wrong.

Edited by Bubba Zanetti

58 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Am i the only one that thinks were using the wrong guys as SB/WR like pretty much all the time?? Not much to complain about being 6-0 and back-to-back champs but man having Wolitarski and Bailey as WR's while having Agudosi and Grant inside just seems completely wrong.

I 100% agree. It'll be interesting if Jones will throw Carter in here and there to cover Agudosi as they're similar in size.

Edited by Nolby

51 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Harrison is another big body.

Hope if they actually want to start using Grant on O he takes more snaps and has a few routes to run because it's way too obvious when they run him on the sweeps when he does nothing else on O, comes on the field just for that.

yes it's becoming very Brock Ralph-esque...