GDT - Week 10 - Elks @ The Champs

JCon

2 hours ago, Booch said:

Not going to win many giving up 3 points?.. ahh ..ok

No…? Edmonton is not going to win many giving the field position they did

2 hours ago, johnzo said:

when you get beat twice by the redblacks you are the worst team.

I've been watching cfl ball for 38 years now and this is the worst Edmonton team in my memory.  I've never seen a completely disinterested Elkimo team before.  Heads should roll there in the offseason.

They were picked by the majority of writers/analysts to be the best team in the west too.

9 hours ago, GCn20 said:

Don't forget the red zone interception that's a missed field goal brought out to the four brought back to the two because of a penalty on the return stopped in the end zone for a safety  FG at the very least as well.

Fixed it for you

4 hours ago, greenrider55 said:

No…? Edmonton is not going to win many giving the field position they did

They were picked by the majority of writers/analysts to be the best team in the west too.

Sorry dude...thought u meant Winnipeg

10 hours ago, Sard said:

First thing I did when I got home was re-watch the goal line stand on the Bombers' first drive.  McGuire was 100% in... you could see on the replay with the overhead shot, even after he got pushed back a bit, the white stripe on the ball had clearly broken the plane of the goal line.

The booth has some explaining to do. The spots and challenge and no calls in this game were brutal. 

Just now, Super Duper Negatron said:

This gem from Riderfans:

Winnipeg is strange in that other teams often play very poorly against them

Probably thinking Harris was just missing passes all on his own. Fact is Harris was rushing every throw because he was terrified of the beating he would take if he held on longer. 

That is the way to beat the Bombers D, quick accurate throws. Problem is there are few qbs can be that accurate throwing quick. Maier was actually really good at it in the game against Calgary, not many others have managed to be.

8 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Probably thinking Harris was just missing passes all on his own. Fact is Harris was rushing every throw because he was terrified of the beating he would take if he held on longer. 

That is the way to beat the Bombers D, quick accurate throws. Problem is there are few qbs can be that accurate throwing quick. Maier was actually really good at it in the game against Calgary, not many others have managed to be.

Trevor Harris is fast approaching Jonathon Jennings territory.

We got physically manhandled tonight,” Elks head coach Jaime Elizondo said. “We were physically beat in every phase of the game, and that's the truth so we're not going to make any excuses.

“We got our asses whooped and we need to bone up and be a better team and find some better answers.”

Show that to the Rider Fans or better yet what their coach said after losses 

It's pretty much the same 

1 minute ago, Goalie said:

We got physically manhandled tonight,” Elks head coach Jaime Elizondo said. “We were physically beat in every phase of the game, and that's the truth so we're not going to make any excuses.

“We got our asses whooped and we need to bone up and be a better team and find some better answers.”

Show that to the Rider Fans or better yet what their coach said after losses 

It's pretty much the same 

BC too.

“I mean they’re good, right? They’re the best in the league, and definitely showed tonight. They’re athletic, they’re physical, they’re aggressive. They were punishing all night,” said Reilly. “That’s one of the strengths of theirs; not just their defence, but their entire team. It was not necessarily unexpected, but definitely challenging to play against.”

2 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Let's be honest... the o struggled but the D sure didn't. Hell I wouldn't even say the o struggled looking at total stats but.. they just didn't finish but it was still 30 to 3.

Bombers o finishing means 60 to 3 

I love you for choosing that number. I literally said to my wife during the game it could be 60-3 and she just rolled her eyes at me.

1 minute ago, Geebrr said:

Just so weird that every team plays terrible against us.

I wonder what the reason could be?

1 hour ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

This gem from Riderfans:

Winnipeg is strange in that other teams often play very poorly against them

It’s bewildering. A mystery of some sorts. Alien interventions? 

4 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

Just so weird that every team plays terrible against us.

I wonder what the reason could be?

Yeah...has nothing to do with a better more balanced team beating the will to win out of another one....it is weird...and only weird it happens to Winnipeg....that's just weird..

3 minutes ago, Booch said:

Yeah...has nothing to do with a better more balanced team beating the will to win out of another one....it is weird...and only weird it happens to Winnipeg....that's just weird..

All we do is play the most physical and disciplined football in the league and dominant in the lines. I mean its not like the riders who have a qb who can run but not throw and a bunch of ni wrs who are ok. 

Clearly we win with smoke and mirrors. 🤣

Alford gets better with every game. He looked like a young Chris Randle last night. He and Nichols shut down two elite wrs like they were nobody. 

Usually a back up qb and garbage time offers a surge. But even that meant nothing to our d. 

5 minutes ago, Booch said:

Also so strange that every team leaves the game feeling like they got physically beat down.

I just don't get it.

Suitor of all people actually said it pretty well last night.... you pay full retail price for everything you get against the Bombers d. 

It's true. You gotta earn anything the hard way and the Bombers just never stop coming. They got enough depth they rotate guys through and keep everyone fresh.