Greatest hands of all time?????

Nolby

4 minutes ago, Engelwood said:

Cahoon for sure, MTL lived off him getting first downs for years. It was almost automatic 2 and 8 and he caught it 9 yards up....every time. 

Good Choice! He was probably the best second and long receiver I’ve ever seen. If you needed a first down he was so frusterating because you knew the ball was coming to him and he was going to catch it for a first down every single time. 

BC - Darren Flutie was sneaky good, Fernandez, but Burnham makes circus catches look routine

Cal - Nik Lewis, Tom Forzani was also fairly reliable

Edm - Brian Kelly

Sask - Narcisse, Jeff Fairholm and those weird orange fish cutter gloves

Wpg - Goodlow, Poplawski, Rick House, Milt

Ham - Tony Champion for the Grey Cup broken rib catch alone, Rocky DiPietro

Tor - Terry Greer

Ott - Tony Gabriel

Mtl - Cahoon and Jamal Richardson

Okay, Tommy Joe Coffey, Hal Patterson, Nik Lewis, Allen Pitts, Geroy Simon, Milt Stegall, Craig Ellis, Terry Greer, Mervyn Fernandez, Tony Champion, Joe Pop, Brian Kelly, George McGowan, Earl Winfield, Terry Evanshen, Ben Cahoon, James Murphy, Tom Campana, Darren Flutie, Rhett Dawson. Tom Scott.

Edited by SpeedFlex27

7 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Okay, Tommy Joe Coffey, Hal Patterson, Nik Lewis, Allen Pitts, Geroy Simon, Milt Stegall, Craig Ellis, Terry Greer, Mervyn Fernandez, Tony Champion, Joe Pop, Brian Kelly, George McGowan, Earl Winfield, Terry Evanshen, Ben Cahoon, James Murphy, Tom Campana, Darren Flutie, Rhett Dawson. Tom Scott.

Solid list right there. Good on you for Hal Patterson and Tom Scott, missed that pair. 

It's obviously Stegall.

And the reason you pick him over guys with "solid" hands like Nik Lewis or the peoples champion Stoddart is because he had to make all the catches, with shite at QB.

My random, non-Winnipeg pick would be Marquay McDaniel. Dude lived in the middle of the field and had to fight through contact on every catch.

I watched the milt stegall era bombers as a new fan who didn't even really know all the basic rules. There were lots of guys who made incredible catches in coverage at times and you were like oh ****. The difference with stegall was you expected him to make those catches. He seemed to routinely catch balls he shouldn't, beat coverage he shouldn't beat. Who knows how accurate my memory is, but my memory is stegall made a routine of the stuff that was jump out of your chair in disbelief for the other top players. With stegall you just expected it.

I also admittedly have some blue bias.

At the risk of recency bias, I'm going to narrow down my previous list to one: Burnham.

Been watching this game for a long time (not as long as some), but Burnham makes more catches that he should have no chance on than anyone I can remember.

I consider guys like Dressler and Cahoon great route runners with very reliable hands.

Burnham is a magician.

2 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Bobby gorgeous and Terry Vaughn aren't getting nearly enough mentions in this thread.

THANK YOU!!!!! 

What in the actual **** is going on that I'm the only one mentioning Bobby G??? Easily the best hands on a receiver that I can remember....