The state of our kicking game

TrueBlue4ever

14 hours ago, Goldkobra said:

From what I've heard,  in the FIFO era, Castillo is regarded as someone who can FO.

I call BS on that. Considering he was here for a season and a half. They kept him after we picked up medlock and he made the team. If he was a FO guy, he wouldnt have been here on the PR for most of 15, then finished the year as our kicker, then come back in the offseason, made the team, and sat on the pr for half the year. He was released so he could catch on with another team and have a chance to play. Which happened the same week. 

I want to keep Liegghio, regardless of what else happens. I just think he needs some time and a good mentor. I liked the idea of The Crap coming in and working with him. I bet he would have been well trained, had there been a 2020 season and if Medlock returned. 

Edited by JCon

Just now, JCon said:

I want to keep Liegghio, regardless of what else happens. I just think he needs some time and a good mentor. I liked the idea of The Crap coming in and working with him. I bet he would have been well trained, had their been a 2020 season and if Medlock returned. 

Yeah legs isnt going any where. I like the way he bounced back after the illegal punt. Its probably not fair to say, but legs seems much more mentally tough than ali. Id be worried about how mourtada dealt with the misses. 

Medlock working with legs wouldve been great, for kicking and punting. Im still holding out a tiny bit of hope that at some point this year Medlock comes riding in to save the day. 

2 hours ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

At this point, anyone think Ottawa would give up Ward for a high draft pick and/or one or 2 of our PR guys?

I think itd be hard to agree on value. a first round pick thats gonna be in the bottom of the round isnt gonna be that big for ott. But it is a lot to give up. Dedmon and aucliar would be nice pick ups to go along with ward. 

They could claim any one from our PR or try already. We'd probably need to include some other picks or value. 

13 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Willing to let them let Legs develop. Ali can be given the old apple and road map.

I dont think legs should be or is ready to develop in all 3 roles though. His biggest troubles in the BJB was with a strong swirling wind.  I could kick the ever loving snot out of a ball. But I wouldnt have hit 1 in 100 fgs from 40. 

I think we will continue to see the 2 man job. Mourtada kicking off and hitting XPTs. I wouldnt let him kick FGs from any thing but head on though. 

it would be fun to see both these guys turn it around, and be good players. but I read here, that Ali is thirty years old, so if that is the case, I can't see it for him. 

got to give legs a good chance. four for four including a game winner.

the guy in Ottawa, he's all they have. they wont part with him. he should be there for fifteen years.

Edited by Mark F

53 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Willing to let them let Legs develop. Ali can be given the old apple and road map.

30 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

I dont think legs should be or is ready to develop in all 3 roles though. His biggest troubles in the BJB was with a strong swirling wind.  I could kick the ever loving snot out of a ball. But I wouldnt have hit 1 in 100 fgs from 40. 

I think we will continue to see the 2 man job. Mourtada kicking off and hitting XPTs. I wouldnt let him kick FGs from any thing but head on though. 

Since Liegghio is here no matter what as the punter, keep Ali around and let them battle in practice until one consistently outshines the other. Mourtada’s kickoffs were a big improvement over Liegghio, and his kicks were all pretty much straight (save for FG attempt 3, which was wide anyway off his foot). I still see his only issue being alignment off the hash mark, so let him correct that, or in the alternative  direct the snap closer to the centre of the field. Liegghio’s problems seem to be more than one thing (hooking his kicks, striking the ball too low and scooping it up short) and he is distracted enough with kickoffs going short or out of bounds and punts not landing between the hash mark and the side lines. If Ali cannot correct this seemingly one problem, then yeah he is done, but we have two weeks of practice to let the coaches work on it. 

Just now, Mark F said:

it would be fun to see both these guys turn it around, and be good players. but I read here, that Ali is thirty years old, so if that is the case, I can't see it for him. 

got to give legs a good chance. four for four including a game winner.

the guy in Ottawa, he's all they have. they wont part with him. he should be there for fifteen years.

31 even. They have richie leone punting who has kicked a bit, all be it at a westwood level of a accuracy. 

Id even take Leone to punt and let legs focus on kicks. Leone could KO, and kick XPTs if needed as well. 

1 hour ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

I know this guy had a rough go in Miami and run ins with the law, but if he can still kick........?

Who portrayed Ray Finkle in the file photo? - Movies & TV Stack Exchange

1 hour ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

I know this guy had a rough go in Miami and run ins with the law, but if he can still kick........?

Who portrayed Ray Finkle in the file photo? - Movies & TV Stack Exchange

giphy.gif

Nice to know we can still laugh about this stuff.