GDT - Week 4 - The Stamps (1-2) @ The Champs (2-1)

JCon

• JCon changed the title to GDT - Week 4 - The Stamps (1-2) @ The Champs (2-1)

It will be nice to watch a game on a Sunday for a change, getting Harris back is huge for your team and your city and province. Hope you beat the Stumps , your team will be on a mission 

2 minutes ago, Nolby said:

I may be worried if I'm Calgary. I'm expecting the defense to come out very scary,I expect Calgary's rookie qb to be under siege all day,the team will be even more fired up with the return of Harris. 31-9 Bombers.

Yup 

I think the rookie will be running for his life , with that D line you guys have 

1 hour ago, Fox Creek AB Rider Fan said:

It will be nice to watch a game on a Sunday for a change, getting Harris back is huge for your team and your city and province. Hope you beat the Stumps , your team will be on a mission 

Yup 

I think the rookie will be running for his life , with that D line you guys have 

Hoping for a pick six!!

BC winning last night puts the pressure on us. Lose this one and we're tied with Calgary and BC.

Toronto taught other teams how to beat us. Control the lines and stop the run. I don't think Calgary has the horses to control the lines and Harris being back makes stopping the run way harder.

I expect a one sided game, but you never know.

Any thoughts on various park and ride options...? We're staying at a house on Pembina and Waller and thinking about pubs or breweries (Stone Angel??) that would allow us to park and hopa shuttle or something. Anyone with this game day experience, would love your feedback. Thanks! :)

#GameDayWeAllPlay #FortHew #DefendTheFort #RIPHewieTheMoose

*edit*

Found parking near the stadium with good brews. Go Blue! 

Edited by Noeller

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

Also hope for missed field goals and poor and dropped passes. Or are we pretending that it was all on the argos for that showing by the Bombers last week?

There you go again, pretending that it was all Bomber mistakes that led to the whupping we took. No credit to the Argos for outplaying us last week.

I expect we will lay a whupping on the stumps....partly because they have a rook behind centre AND the loss to T.O. didn't sit very well...Do we expect to win em all in 21'??not likely but most of them should be in our reach ,considering the talent we have on this club..I think the games on Labour Day and the Banjo will tell us a lot BUT we don't want to look past this one tonight

42 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

There you go again, pretending that it was all Bomber mistakes that led to the whupping we took. No credit to the Argos for outplaying us last week.

It was a back to back.  Did you expect it to be different than any other back to back scenarios over the years? Why is losing the 2nd game on a back to back when you win the first so doom and Gloom. Played like ****.. in the end lost by a TD really. 

1 minute ago, Goalie said:

It was a back to back.  Did you expect it to be different than any other back to back scenarios over the years? Why is losing the 2nd game on a back to back when you win the first so doom and Gloom. Played like ****.. in the end lost by a TD really. 

Truth. The argos are talented and well coached. That's a hard game to win. Get used to it we have a couple back to backs home n away series this year. 

58 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

Oh no I have said multiple times the argos outplayed em, but there you go again pretending that the Bombers didn't also contribute through their own mistakes. But things happen in games, you choose to ignore one side and then pretend you're objective.

reading that the stamps have some injuries on O line, so, bad news for maier if the replacements aren't as good.

pretty sure parades will have a good game. thought he retired.

stamps fan site says they have a new D end, played few years in "the league" so we will see what he does.

their running back litre, is a Canuck, kind of a not pretty running style, but he's effective. he seems like a nineteen sixties kind of ball carrier. 

not sure who to pick out for Bomber D standout, but might as well say Willie J. probably safe choice.

offence.... Collaros.

The Winnipeg Blue Bombers outscored the homeside 27-0 in the second half en route a 35-14 victory in the CFL Western Semi-Final.

Edited by Mark F

7 hours ago, Nolby said:

I may be worried if I'm Calgary. I'm expecting the defense to come out very scary,I expect Calgary's rookie qb to be under siege all day,the team will be even more fired up with the return of Harris. 31-9 Bombers.

Winnipeg Blue Bombers 56, Stamps 2. giphy.gif

3 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Oh no I have said multiple times the argos outplayed em, but there you go again pretending that the Bombers didn't also contribute through their own mistakes. But things happen in games, you choose to ignore one side and then pretend you're objective.

I started by saying the Bombers made 2 big plays that put 14 points on the board for us. That's not ignoring the good things, it's giving the Bombers their due. I'm not pretending that the Bombers didn't make mistakes. We all know they made mistakes. I'm saying that the game wasn't lost simply by Bomber mistakes. The loss was mostly due to the Argos badly out playing us on that day. That's why I don't agree with your 'do you see the Bombers making that many mistakes again' line of 'reasoning'.

Now on to today's game. I expect it to be a one sided win for the Bombers.

Edited by TBURGESS

12 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

I started by saying the Bombers made 2 big plays that put 14 points on the board for us. That's not ignoring the good things, it's giving the Bombers their due. I'm not pretending that the Bombers didn't make mistakes. We all know they made mistakes. I'm saying that the game wasn't lost simply by Bomber mistakes. The loss was mostly due to the Argos badly out playing us on that day. That's why I don't agree with your 'do you see the Bombers making that many mistakes again' line of 'reasoning'.

Now on to today's game. I expect it to be a one sided win for the Bombers.

Hey, if not......we will all be able to complain in perfect harmony...........