3 stars plus hh de clawed the cats part 2

wbbfan

2 minutes ago, Stickem said:

Collaros......and to think in 19' a few people thought it was a mistake to bring him in......guess they were wrong

A few of those people are still here quietly jumping on the bandwagon!

Meanwhile Nichols is already hurt and doubtful to even start this week 🤨

the make-up of this team and the character of the guys is pretty damn impressive, and is a huge key to our success...leaders across the board and nice to see Biggie healthy and being...well...Biggie. Talking to him when we are training he was knicked all of last year

Kongo is gonna be a friggen stud! those 3 ends and contributions from the Panzer are gonna give team fits, and that Sayles guy impressed the hell outta me...can't wait to see him gain his CFL legs

Let Harris heal right up before rushing him back...get Brady tons of reps and experience..what a one-two punch that will be in the colder weather...Lawler...best mitts in the CFL, and best seen in a while...check out some of his clips from college

O-line..Dline...both best in league...bar none

1. Collaros - ability to move around and keep eyes down field was great to see

2. Oliveira - great job pounding the ball to wind down the game

3. DLine - would have had several sacks if Masoli wasn't so good a dumping the ball while being taken down

HH - Mike Jones - forced a fumble and don't think I saw him miss a tackle. 

33 minutes ago, Brandon said:

A few of those people are still here quietly jumping on the bandwagon!

with maybe a couple of other exceptions, 

if the people who were wrong about something had to  stop posting, this would be a one man forum called morning big booch.

Edited by Mark F

3 minutes ago, blue85gold said:

1. Collaros - ability to move around and keep eyes down field was great to see

2. Oliveira - great job pounding the ball to wind down the game

3. DLine - would have had several sacks if Masoli wasn't so good a dumping the ball while being taken down

HH - Mike Jones - forced a fumble and don't think I saw him miss a tackle. 

yeah...Jones confirmed last night he's legit...He is damn good

32 minutes ago, Booch said:

the make-up of this team and the character of the guys is pretty damn impressive, and is a huge key to our success...leaders across the board and nice to see Biggie healthy and being...well...Biggie. Talking to him when we are training he was knicked all of last year

Kongo is gonna be a friggen stud! those 3 ends and contributions from the Panzer are gonna give team fits, and that Sayles guy impressed the hell outta me...can't wait to see him gain his CFL legs

Let Harris heal right up before rushing him back...get Brady tons of reps and experience..what a one-two punch that will be in the colder weather...Lawler...best mitts in the CFL, and best seen in a while...check out some of his clips from college

Dave Hester YUUUP hat! | Catch phrase, Television show, Tv programmes

54 minutes ago, Booch said:

still a whinny lil *****...I cant stand him...never could

God the constant drama from that guy holding his ribs... like dude either you're too hurt to play or you suck it up. Is he trying to remind everyone that he's got an excuse or what? It's ******* football. Stop whining that the other team is playing too hard. MOP my ass. 

10 hours ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

HH to whoever has to change Banks' diaper after the game.

I was laughing at one point... he was really hamming it up holding his ribs and visibly wincing... most real football players would suck it up and hide a minor injury like that... Whiny Banks and to make sure everyone knew he was "hurt"

Loser... even if he was capable of putting up 1000 yards he wouldn't last on this team* of winners...

Edit: "this team" clearly refers to the Bombers, in case that was unclear...

Edited by bearpants

11 hours ago, no71 said:

Not sure why I never thought of Tom Clements comparison before.  Kind of fits.

yup - the comparative came to me on that miracle throw to Darvin in the end zone in 2019 against Calgary.  I honestly thought that I was watching Tom Clements in the flesh.  He's the only other QB I've ever seen that could have made that throw, other than maybe Dunigan.

2 hours ago, JCon said:

Bonus HH to Dancin' Gabe. Great to see him out there socially distanced, shifting to the beat (and definitely not illegally dancing). 

years ago My then girl friend and I bought him a Jets shirt.....

2 hours ago, Booch said:

Biggie healthy and being...well...Biggi

I didnt know just how speedy hie is.....guy can really move.

Edited by Mark F

happy honker.....

I guarantee cactus would give the happy honker award to the fan that came in a big fur coat, with a giant gold coloured chain, cowboy hat and shades, we all know who that is.

If I am sure of anything thats it!

good luck this season strevellation.

Edited by Mark F

13 minutes ago, Mark F said:

happy honker.....

I guarantee cactus would give the happy honker award to the fan that came in a big fur coat, with a giant gold coloured chain, cowboy hat and shades, we all know who that is.

If I am sure of anything thats it!

good luck this season strevellation.

Which one?  I saw at least 7 of them.

16 minutes ago, JCon said:

Those ones are the worst. 

giphy.gif

That trade thread is really funny to revisit... I definitely had my mind changed. And looking at how Nichols is right now.... Imagine of they hadn't made the move to keep Collaros and ditch Nichols.... Ai yi yi. 

6 minutes ago, Noeller said:

That trade thread is really funny to revisit... I definitely had my mind changed. And looking at how Nichols is right now.... Imagine of they hadn't made the move to keep Collaros and ditch Nichols.... Ai yi yi. 

I am beginning to think that this Kyle Walters fellow knows a thing or two.

1. Oliveira - took over the game in the second half and gave us our only offence in those 30 minutes. 2 big plays on second and long that both extended scoring drives. 

2. Mike Jones - tackling machine and his hard hits caused havoc and turnovers. 

3. Steve “stove” Richardson - provided pressure all night and was in Masoli’s kitchen a ton. Deserved more penalty flags for the holding he fought through. 

HH - struggled watching the game to see that one big play that made a difference for my planned “Cactus” ramble since all the momentum plays turned into nothing burgers. Oliveira made a big play on 2nd and 13 with his swing pass execution and later a draw play for 11 on 2nd and 9, but he was consistent without the home run shot. Thought maybe Mike Jones’  forced fumble would be a momentum changer but they didn’t even get a field goal out of it. The club never really “put the game away” even though they were never really in danger. So I started thinking outside the box, maybe salute Legghio for some nice directional punting that kept Hamilton on a long field, maybe the fan with the “Riders Suck” sign that drew what felt like the night’s biggest cheer (somewhat telling about the enjoyment factor of the game), maybe the scramble by Collaros and pass to Demski for 50 yards, but the offence still seemed unsettled after that and I can’t fully reward a receiver tripping over his own feet with a chance at a TD. Even thought about saluting all the fans who got doubly vaxxed and came out, the club for getting protocols in place to allow for a full house, or the health care workers who deserve all the credit in the world and a fat pay raise for their tireless efforts in an impossible job these past 18 months.

But keeping it game related, I go back to a play in the second quarter that seemed innocuous in the big picture at the time, but loomed larger upon reflection.  Willie Jefferson was set to rush the QB, but ad libbed and dropped into coverage and read Masoli’s eyes perfectly, intercepting a pass well inside Bomber territory. A great show of both football smarts and athleticism (dude has a massive reach with those long arms). We punted away later so it seemed nothing came of the turnover, but Hamilton was driving and would have re-taken the lead even if held to a field goal, and given how unproductive our offence was most of the night, keeping points off the board there and maintaining momentum proved vital once the game played out in full. 

14 hours ago, Booch said:

Bomber Offensive Line: The Great Wall of Winnipeg.