The Champs vs Ticats GDT

Nolby

Pvr'd the game. 

Our fronts dominated on both sides. 

Thought BO20 had great vision and his cuts to open lanes where sharp and quick. Runs a bit like Andrew.  We look like we are in good hands with him. 

What a difference a healthy Biggie is. Flying all over the field making plays. 

After a rough start Alford settled in and was in position from there on. 

Sayles looks like a player. 

Miss Darvin punking db's with his blocking and trash talk.  

Our kicking is a big concern for me. Cant go all season without having confidence in making 45yard field goals...

So happy CFL is back!!

34 minutes ago, Dodge and Burn said:

Our kicking is a big concern for me. Cant go all season without having confidence in making 45yard field goals...

if you're talking about us not going for the FG just before the half, that was a 52-yarder, which is a 50/50 kick even for a guy like Medlock. and then our fg team has to cover a dangerous return guy.

was a low reward / high risk play and a good coaching decision; we wound up not needing the points.

16 hours ago, Dodge and Burn said:

Nelson studdered  himself into nowhere everytime he touched the ball...like he did everytime he has played for us. 

He was much better previously. He went down with first contact every time. Hopefully just rusty. But either way I'm hoping we have Darvin back or activate one of the other wrs for next week.  

1 hour ago, johnzo said:

if you're talking about us not going for the FG just before the half, that was a 52-yarder, which is a 50/50 kick even for a guy like Medlock. and then our fg team has to cover a dangerous return guy.

was a low reward / high risk play and a good coaching decision; we wound up not needing the points.

The 51 yarder was iffy but if your kicker is less than 50% from that distance then maybe you need another kicker. We are going to need those made at some point this year. We also opted to punt instead of try a 45 yarder and a 48 yarder. Either you don’t trust your kicker or you don’t trust your cover team, either scenario is not good. 

1 hour ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

The 51 yarder was iffy but if your kicker is less than 50% from that distance then maybe you need another kicker. We are going to need those made at some point this year. We also opted to punt instead of try a 45 yarder and a 48 yarder. Either you don’t trust your kicker or you don’t trust your cover team, either scenario is not good. 

Playing field position when your D ain't giving up **** isn't a bad play either

1 hour ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

woops. missed those 3Q punts. yeah, that is weird.

maybe instead of a lack of confidence in the ST it's a vote of confidence in the D?

19 hours ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Banks is a dangerous returner. You have to think he'd pop at least one of those for a big return if we tried to kick & missed. In this game, Field position, like points can win games. I appreciated O'Shea's conservative approach. As they say, Discretion is the better part of valour.

Edited by SpeedFlex27

20 hours ago, johnzo said:

I agree but I’m 100% sure coach would’ve sent Medlock out there if he had that option… I’m also confident he would’ve made it…. The higher the stakes, the better he was… I miss him already and fear the kicking combo we have could hurt us at some point this year…

53 minutes ago, bearpants said:

I agree but I’m 100% sure coach would’ve sent Medlock out there if he had that option… I’m also confident he would’ve made it…. The higher the stakes, the better he was… I miss him already and fear the kicking combo we have could hurt us at some point this year…

Im viewing Crapinga as a stop gap. I believe that Sergio Castillo and Lirim Hajrullahu have yet to secure contracts as training camp bodies.  If one or both of them are still available once the NFL season starts i think we will try and bring one in. 

Brett Maher is also available after being waived in March by the Cardinals. 

Edited by Colin Unger

1 hour ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Banks is a dangerous returner. You have to think he'd pop at least one of those for a big return if we tried to kick & missed. In this game, Field position, like points can win games. I appreciated O'Shea's conservative approach. As they say, Discretion is the better part of valour.

Yeah.  Ticats O had nothing going and their body language said they were beat even in the 3Q.  Why serve em up a rally moment?  Why not just let them batter themselves uselessly against the Jeffs of Death? 

I love that Barker described Willie J as a "game wrecker."  Best panel moment of the weekend.

4 hours ago, johnzo said:

Yeah.  Ticats O had nothing going and their body language said they were beat even in the 3Q.  Why serve em up a rally moment?  Why not just let them batter themselves uselessly against the Jeffs of Death? 

I love that Barker described Willie J as a "game wrecker."  Best panel moment of the weekend.

"Jeffs of Death" - I love it!

5 hours ago, Colin Unger said:

Im viewing Crapinga as a stop gap. I believe that Sergio Castillo and Lirim Hajrullahu have yet to secure contracts as training camp bodies.  If one or both of them are still available once the NFL season starts i think we will try and bring one in. 

Brett Maher is also available after being waived in March by the Cardinals. 

Do we want to go another round with....Sergio???

Sergio Snl GIF - Sergio Snl Jon - Discover & Share GIFs

On 2021-08-05 at 7:28 PM, SpeedFlex27 said:

Oliveira isn't popping thru the hole. I've seen no explosion from him at all. 

That was early in the game. Give me a break. The kid was tentative at the start & got better as the game went on. The OL also improved as the game went on. This is a freaking game day thread that was in real time. 

4 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

That was early in the game. Give me a break. The kid was tentative at the start & got better as the game went on. The OL also improved as the game went on. This is a freaking game day thread that was in real time. 

The first couple drives were pretty flat till collaros sparked things. I can see where you were coming from. He settled down noticeably. Even in the late 3rd he started cutting back and trucking guys. Before that he was mostly plowing into defenders but still kinda upright. The double stiff arm run is a good example of his power. I bet he will look even better in game 2. 

I was surprised they didn't rotate backs at all.