The Champs vs Ticats GDT

Nolby

9 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

One of the biggest cheers of the night went to the guy who had a Riders Suck sign at a Ti-Cat game lol. Love it!

Irving and Brown acknowledging it was a very funny moment last night.... 

22 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

One of the biggest cheers of the night went to the guy who had a Riders Suck sign at a Ti-Cat game lol. Love it!

But, why, why, why, do they show him as the Bombers are on offence? They do it all the time and twice last night. Poor Hardrick trying to quiet the crowd down.

Usually, they do it during the military appreciation - huge cheers - right when the Bombers are trying to call a play. 

4 minutes ago, Tracker said:

Why? Were Mennonites present?

Dancing remains a no-no here. You can have 1,500 people at a wedding but you can't dance. You can have 30,000 people, maskless but vaxxed, at the stadium but no dancing. 

da42cb81d5b16b887e1938b98320da65.gif

3 minutes ago, Wideleft said:

Bombers once again won the turnover battle 3-0.  Only had 5 penalties for 45 yards.

Almost like being disciplined matters.

Refing was average... so, much better than usual!

I was surprised at the discipline on both sides of the ball given that this was the first game of the year with no pre-season. Incredible, really. 

1 hour ago, Brandon said:

I made the horrible mistake of visiting Riderfans....  noticed how dead those forums are and how disillusioned they appear to be.   They are so very salty about the Bombers looking good last night! 

No no no. The Bombers didn’t look good at all last night. It was the Ticats who just didn’t play very well and made the Bombers look average at best. Also not afraid of either team. Can’t wait until we play these teams and Fajardo tears them both apart. 

-All Rider Fans

Just now, Bomber_fanaddict said:

No no no. The Bombers didn’t look good at all last night. It was the Ticats who just didn’t play very well and made the Bombers look average at best. Also not afraid of either team. Can’t wait until we play these teams and Fajardo tears them both apart. 

-All Rider Fans

Ive read that delusion can be transmitted via watermelon-to-scalp contact....

1 hour ago, JCon said:

Dancing remains a no-no here. You can have 1,500 people at a wedding but you can't dance. You can have 30,000 people, maskless but vaxxed, at the stadium but no dancing. 

da42cb81d5b16b887e1938b98320da65.gif

I thought it might have been because of Mennonites being in the crowd, Mennonites are forbidden from having sex standing up because it might lead to dancing.

18 minutes ago, Tracker said:

I thought it might have been because of Mennonites being in the crowd, Mennonites are forbidden from having sex standing up because it might lead to dancing.

the things I heard while living and working in Winkler.................

1 minute ago, M.O.A.B. said:

I believe a number of sponsors backed out during the pandemic. Maybe that's why. 

That's what I was thinking. No, Pizza Hotline (spit), Kubota, etc. I'm hoping they all come back. 

Nice to see some new sponsors.

I've got to get some of that local beer but I don't think they have it upstairs. Probably for the best, I only have two children left and don't really want to sell either off to afford stadium craft beer. 

12 minutes ago, JCon said:

That's what I was thinking. No, Pizza Hotline (spit), Kubota, etc. I'm hoping they all come back. 

I've got to get some of that local beer but I don't think they have it upstairs. Probably for the best, I only have two children left and don't really want to sell either off to afford stadium craft beer. 

If you like 3 inches of dough, razor thin toppings, and see-through cheese, have i got the pizza for you! I'd rather eat roadkill.

From the ticats fan forum: 

ahotdog: The penalty on Banks was brutal, even the Bombers were laughing. The ref saw the ball coming towards him and was reaching out for it. The Bomber walked right in the middle of them...ComeOn Man!!!!

Garney_26: Watch for Banks to walk in front of a toss back first chance he gets!

60YearFan: But HE won't get the penalty call.

bobo82: It's because he's too short . The ball will sail over his head .

😂😂😂

18 minutes ago, JCon said:

They were overlaying graphic ads on the broadcast. I wonder if the fields are left blank on purpose for national advertisers?

Just now, Super Duper Negatron said:

They were overlaying graphic ads on the broadcast. I wonder if the fields are left blank on purpose for national advertisers?

Oh, yeah, possibly. Good catch!

Just now, M.O.A.B. said:

Btw, there are ticat fans already calling for Dane to be the starter. Even calling Masoli as Glenn 2.0.

I was calling for Evans as soon as he threw to Banks for a second time in one drive. He's liable to quit on you if you make him work. That's poor leadership on Masoli's part to upset the one and only, "I'm on Speed"y Banks. 

1 hour ago, Bomber_fanaddict said:

-All Rider Fans

thats actually what was said in their game day thread..I thought I would look to see if it's just the same ol same ol

32 minutes ago, JCon said:

Oh, yeah, possibly. Good catch!

I was calling for Evans as soon as he threw to Banks for a second time in one drive. He's liable to quit on you if you make him work. That's poor leadership on Masoli's part to upset the one and only, "I'm on Speed"y Banks. 

I said the same thing to my dad at the game, "Two plays in a row to Banks, if he gets one more he's going to go whining to the coach".

On the flip side, I think there were at one point 3 or 4 in a row or maybe even something like 5 out of 6 plays in a row that went to Brady O. and he stayed in there ready for more.

2 hours ago, Booch said:

thats actually what was said in their game day thread..I thought I would look to see if it's just the same ol same ol

I know and that was what made it hilarious.   Apparently Hamilton was really off,  the refs favoured the Bombers,  the Bombers were very lucky and looked absolutely putrid in a lucky to win game.