2021 Blue Bombers Season

BBlink

11 hours ago, Noeller said:

What system??? It's the same players and a tweaked version of the old play book. But throw the play book out... Who needs it?? Just let him go out there and do what he does. It's basically sandlot football... If you don't see a reason to bring him in for two games, then go back and look at the highlight pack of his that I posted earlier in the thread. It's all you need to see. 

If he's dressing, he needs to know the play as well as whoever he's replacing. Injuries happen in game and if he has to take over due to injury....I want him to be up to date.

1 minute ago, GCn20 said:

First of all, we aren't starting Strev. That would be too much to ask. Secondly even without intimate knowledge of our playbook he gives us a better shot to win the game than McGuire or Brown should Collaros get injured. But you bring him back mostly for his ability to come in for 6-10 plays and run over people.

So if Zach gets hurt like Kevin Glenn did... then you run the same 6 short yardage plays in the Grey Cup?   

Wouldn't it make more sense to have McGuire who has been playing and learning our NEW system for the complete system and who can run every single play rather then a vanilla basic offense.

9 hours ago, Nolby said:

Dont forget that Winston Rose was away from the system and they plugged him in like he never left. Streveler could start next week if we played as backup.

Yeah thats not at all the same.

If anything it does show that Oshea is willing to bring a guy in and let him be on the roster over another guy who has been here all year. Which isn't always something he's done in the past. But a CB learning a roll under the same D is VERY different from  QB learning the playbook in a different O...even of its just a bit different. 

Edited by Bigblue204

1 minute ago, Brandon said:

So if Zach gets hurt like Kevin Glenn did... then you run the same 6 short yardage plays in the Grey Cup?   

Wouldn't it make more sense to have McGuire who has been playing and learning our NEW system for the complete system and who can run every single play rather then a vanilla basic offense.

No.

Strev has more experience in our system and with our players than McGuire. He has more playing time over the last two seasons.

6 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

First of all, we aren't starting Strev. That would be too much to ask. Secondly even without intimate knowledge of our playbook he gives us a better shot to win the game than McGuire or Brown should Collaros get injured. But you bring him back mostly for his ability to come in for 6-10 plays and run over people.

Everyone was so worried that Collaros would go down last week.....how has that changed for the WF? If Streveler is the back up, he's one play away from running the O. Whether Collaros starts or not. 

Just now, Jesse said:

No.

Strev has more experience in our system and with our players than McGuire. He has more playing time over the last two seasons.

How much experience does Strev have running a Buck Pierce offense which is far different then a LaPolice offense,  How many practices has he attended running this offense compared to McGuire?

2 minutes ago, Jesse said:

No.

It might still be mostly the same system - but ZC runs it a lot differently.

I mean, if it reverted back to mostly QB runs and check downs to the RB...the D would have to be very stout, and even then we might still lose. 

7 hours ago, Brandon said:

I watch real football yes,  I do not base real life football with playing Madden video games and assuming QB's can pick up everything in one week.    

Most smart coaches wouldn't invest 2 years in a QB only to dump him for the possibility of signing a guy and expecting him to pick up a brand new offense within a week and learn the full play book.     If it were so easy then why wouldn't Saskatchewan sign Strev and put him in as a starter against Calgary?

There is talk in Saskatchewan about going after Strev if he clears NFL waivers. Harker got nicked last game. Also McGuire hurt his groin in practice last week and who knows if he will be healthy enough for those short yardage plays by the final. I’d sure enough rather want to have Strevler under center, even if he wasn’t able to grasp the new playbook than Dru Brown for a backup role in the WF.

6 minutes ago, coach17 said:

There is talk in Saskatchewan about going after Strev if he clears NFL waivers. Harker got nicked last game. Also McGuire hurt his groin in practice last week and who knows if he will be healthy enough for those short yardage plays by the final. I’d sure enough rather want to have Strevler under center, even if he wasn’t able to grasp the new playbook than Dru Brown for a backup role in the WF.

I say put Stove in on short yardage... nobody is going to push that guy back a yard. 

13 minutes ago, coach17 said:

He would have to want to play there. So that ain't happening.

Also, imagine coming back from the NFL to backup Faj.

Place a call to Chris and see what his plans are....IF he can be installed as our backup pronto I could see a huge benefit....I wonder if we've kept track of him lately and were ready to ask him to return in the eventuality he was released....We sure have a glaring need for him considering the state of our backups...C'mon home Streve.....Does anyone think he'd consider Sask. over us....LOL...IF he comes north it will b here

Edited by Stickem

55 minutes ago, Brandon said:

How much experience does Strev have running a Buck Pierce offense which is far different then a LaPolice offense,  How many practices has he attended running this offense compared to McGuire?

I'm not too worried about that. Plops playbook for strevy was horrid. He got worse under plop. I think a limited book for him under buck is world's better than the fake rpo dink n dunk plop had him doing. 

How much time did collaros have practicing here before he rostered then started 10 days and a week?

Edited by wbbfan

59 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Did you watch McGuire run our offence? Also, our playbook has not changed that much. How we call plays and the freedom given to the QB has changed a lot but a lot of our offence is relatively the same under Pierce.

30 minutes ago, JCon said:

I wonder if they're waiving him just to put him back on the PR? 

Doubtful. Would have been mentioned I would think.

59 minutes ago, Brandon said:

A Streveler package would be entirely different than anything we run with Collaros. Also, you are forgetting that Buck has complete access to the Strev playbook we ran in 2018/19 and that almost all of our offensive unit is very experienced in the Strev package offence. It would need a couple days of practice but it's mostly run plays and RPOs...it is not hard to get the timing down on that.

1 minute ago, Mark H. said:

IDK. I haven't seen either of them play with the pass pro that ZC gets. 

Gimme a break. There was nothing wrong with the protection provided to either of them in their starts.

16 minutes ago, Stickem said:

Place a call to Chris and see what his plans are....IF he can be installed as our backup pronto I could see a huge benefit....I wonder if we've kept track of him lately and were ready to ask him to return in the eventuality he was released....We sure have a glaring need for him considering the state of our backups...C'mon home Streve.....Does anyone think he'd consider Sask. over us....LOL...IF he comes north it will b here

There is zero chance that Strev comes North for a GC run with Saskatchewan. The ONLY way he comes back to the CFL this season is if he has a hankering for a mid December GC parade down Portage and Main.

9 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

Did you watch McGuire run our offence? Also, our playbook has not changed that much. How we call plays and the freedom given to the QB has changed a lot but a lot of our offence is relatively the same under Pierce.

In a rain filled game where he was getting little protection yes I watched that game.   

I also watched every other game and have seen a much different passing attack and far more creativity in the running plays and much more misdirection all around.         If what you are saying is true then basically you are saying that Pierce is running a similar offense to LaPolice and that had LaPo stayed we would of had the exact same success.