2021 Blue Bombers Season

BBlink

8 minutes ago, Tracker said:

Roosevelt was never the fastest receiver, and I imagine the Rider fans are howling about the Bombers picking through their leftovers.

Yeah. More of a possession Robert Gordon type. But in our system every one is lol. 

That's the cfl. Remember when Brian Bennett was the second coming when they grabbed him up lol 

8 minutes ago, Brandon said:

The guy had almost 1000 yards receiving in his last season,  I'm perfectly fine with giving the guy a chance with us.    The guy had good hands and maybe he can offer a reliable mid range attack for the Zach to use. 

I mean I can't see him being less than McKnight or Nelson. And he is a guy who can be the final wr on the roster. He doesn't need to be force fed touches. 

Collaros having had a strong connection with him In the past is great too. 

2 hours ago, M.O.A.B. said:

American

Any one know why he wouldn't qualify as global. I really don't know the standards. 

1 hour ago, wbbfan said:

I mean I can't see him being less than McKnight or Nelson. And he is a guy who can be the final wr on the roster. He doesn't need to be force fed touches. 

Collaros having had a strong connection with him In the past is great too. 

Any one know why he wouldn't qualify as global. I really don't know the standards. 

Global player, someone hailing from outside the US or Canada, who does not have US citizenship, and doesn’t qualify as a National through other means (for example, if their parent is a Canadian citizen). 

The kicker has American citizenship 

57 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Global player, someone hailing from outside the US or Canada, who does not have US citizenship, and doesn’t qualify as a National through other means (for example, if their parent is a Canadian citizen). 

The kicker has American citizenship 

Thanks. I wonder if they end up making it more loose like ni status 

not the ideal guy I would have liked us pick up, and much rather work Stewart or Agudusi into the lineup....but Roosevalt knows where the holes in a defense are, and has seen everyone imaginable, so if anything will be a good outlet possession guy for us if he gets in the lineup, Zack knows his tendencies and won't hurt...

6 minutes ago, Booch said:

not the ideal guy I would have liked us pick up, and much rather work Stewart or Agudusi into the lineup....but Roosevalt knows where the holes in a defense are, and has seen everyone imaginable, so if anything will be a good outlet possession guy for us if he gets in the lineup, Zack knows his tendencies and won't hurt...

Agree. I would have prefer the Duke or Mitchell if we're bringing in free-agent vet receiver, though, I think they would command significant $.
But if Adam seems not 100% and Collaros need another reliable vet receiver getting passes from him then so be it.

I just hope he is not a Rider thru and thru and run away with a signing cheque.  

My guess is we got him on the cheap and that Walters will have his eyes glued to the NFL cuts today. Roosevelt is a smart possession type receiver. He's not going to blow us away by any stretch of the imagination but at least he won't be dropping first downs. I would think that we still have Mitchell's money set aside for an NFL cut and that Walters and our offence would love to add a playmaker receiver to the mix.

Edited by GCn20

4 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

My guess is we got him on the cheap and that Walters will have his eyes glued to the NFL cuts today. Roosevelt is a smart possession type receiver. He's not going to blow us away by any stretch of the imagination but at least he won't be dropping first downs. I would think that we still have Mitchell's money set aside for an NFL cut and that Walters and our offence would love to add a playmaker receiver to the mix.

I agree. Timing is right for Roosevelt to take a discount or risk being behind all the NFL cuts. Timing is right for Walters to get a vet here to push the current lot of receivers. 

But, just like Zach, I doubt Roosevelt will make an impact here. And, just like with Zach, I hope I'm wrong. 

52 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

yeah...totally forgot we do have $$ sitting there that was for Mitchel that hasnt been accounted for yet...I think Duke is off the radar now as he is injury related and back with Bills...whats the situ with Zylstra tho...is he on the bubble?

21 minutes ago, Booch said:

yeah...totally forgot we do have $$ sitting there that was for Mitchel that hasnt been accounted for yet...I think Duke is off the radar now as he is injury related and back with Bills...whats the situ with Zylstra tho...is he on the bubble?

Marken Michel was waived.....don't know about any other cuts that would benefit ...Something might pop up today

4 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Reggie Begelton released by Packers today. I imagine he'll end up back in Calgary but maybe Walters reaches out to him?

Stamps can't take back both Begelton and Michel. I think Desjardins will open the vault to grab any of the two. 
Here's hoping Walters will not pass the chance to grab any of them. 

24 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Vaughters played DE in CFL.