Least favourite non-Bomber

1 hour ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Calgary - no one real despicable for me despite their run of success. I'm sure someone can remind me of someone to hate (Burris is tolerable for me)

Bobby Dobbs, Calgary's Coach from 1961-64. He was such a **** head that Bud Grant wouldn't shake hands with him. And I stopped buying Fudgicles when I noticed that they were made in Calgary (I was quite young at the time.)

Ferri and Philion were just plain dirty pieces of ****...hated them and how they preyed on players in compromising positions to try and cause an injury...Philion especially

Current guys I can't stand are Ed Gainey (his banjo bowl episode cemented it) and his 2 running mates Edam and Marshall...all 3 need a lesson in how to be a true pro and it wouldn't be so bad if they had the top tier skills to back up their constant yapping..Edam never had it and Gainey is running his mouth based on a lucky stretch of games 2 years ago where he got all his career picks basically in a 5 game stretch...look at his career numbers..the one year was an anomally

Also in the mix is Simoni..dirty and disrespectful player and constant yapper....clips of him on CFL Wired really show what an assbag he is

42 minutes ago, tacklewasher said:

Him and Sanchez are two reasons to stop watching halftime shows. God their are both pieces of ****.

'OB for the pre-game, half time and post-game.......every single time. 

3 hours ago, tacklewasher said:

Him and Sanchez are two reasons to stop watching halftime shows. God their are both pieces of ****.

Okay, I have often wondered this is Dave Sanchez  the sports announcer the same Dave Sanchez that took a billion penalty yards in that 2010 comeback epic of BC vs. Winnipeg? Anyone else remember the bombers kicking off after scoring a TD from B.C.'s own 35?

The enemy wasn't Bobby Dobbs as we owned the Stampeders in the Western Finals in the 60's as they couldn't beat us. It was really Jim Trimble.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=youtube+hang+down+your+head+jim+trimble&docid=607989918066214011&mid=485B452DFD4F4653BC69485B452DFD4F4653BC69&view=detail&FORM=VIRE

Edited by SpeedFlex27

On 2020-07-02 at 4:55 PM, TrueBlue4ever said:

BC - Don Matthews, such a sour man. I remember he got a shiner from taking a racquetball to the face one time, and the TSN commentators had to go out of their way to let people know that this was a pure accident, and no he did NOT get punched during a barroom disagreement like some had speculated. Kinda says something about the guy that this would be an expected assumption for many viewers, and required the media to stress that he did not get a whooping.

Edmonton - Jason Maas. The ears, the attitude, the whininess, the phony "future considerations" trade with Hamilton that gifted the Esks the 2005 Grey Cup.

Calgary - no one real despicable for me despite their run of success. I'm sure someone can remind me of someone to hate (Burris is tolerable for me)

Saskatchewan - Have to agree with Jordan Reaves, too bad because I have met and like his dad, the sons are both high on my dislike list though for different reasons.

Hamilton - Angelo Mosca, dirty player from yesteryear, then became a wrestling heel. When I see Joe Kapp punch an old man with a cane and say "wow, he totally deserved that, can't say I'm sorry he got dropped like that" I guess my dislike is still there. Simoni Lawrence is moving into contention.

Toronto - Don Matthews, yep, again. Guess I really didn't like the guy.

Ottawa - They were irrelevant for so long, hard to build up a dislike, but let's split between Horn Chen and the Glibermans for inept ownership, cheerleader dating, Mardi Gras flash the stands promotions, and shutting down 3 times.

Montreal - Ed Philion for more dirty late hits than I can count. The blind side to Khari after an interception where he wasn't even a part of the play was the worst of all. The racist stuff with Westwood was a bad look too, if you accept Troy's version of events.

That was one of the dirtiest hits i have ever seen in any sport. Khari throws an interception like 30 yards down field, and Philion is about 5-10 yards away from Khari and has more or less stopped his rush. He sees the interception, immediately turns towards Khari(who was basically standing still and nowhere near the play), and blindside hammers him at full speed. Needless to say the fat f***, out weighing Khari by like 80+ lbs, completely obliterated him. It was a 100% intent to injure play. I wouldnt be surprised if that was the start of Khari's shoulder problems. If not it no doubt made it worse.

Edited by Bubba Zanetti

21 hours ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

That was one of the dirtiest hits i have ever seen in any sport. Khari throws an interception like 30 yards down field, and Philion is about 5-10 yards away from Khari and has more or less stopped his rush. He sees the interception, immediately turns towards Khari(who was basically standing still and nowhere near the play), and blindside hammers him at full speed. Needless to say the fat f***, out weighing Khari by like 80+ lbs, completely obliterated him. It was a 100% intent to injure play. I wouldnt be surprised if that was the start of Khari's shoulder problems. If not it no doubt made it worse.

I seem to recall that no Bomber went after Phillion for that outrageous durty hit, and that I screamed at the TV so loud that my wife thought I had hurt myself badly. The hit was bad enough but the lack of response from the Bombers was worse.

Montreal: Ed  Philion (reasons as stated above)

Toronto: Kevin Eiben

Hamilton: Simoni Lawrence (our GC champs exposed him quite nicely) 

Saskatchewan: Nate Davis (worst incident ever)

Edmonton: Jason Maas

Calgary: BLM (arrogance, do not like his actions or vibes as a teammate)

BC: Mike Reilly (overrated) 

8 hours ago, Mark H. said:

Montreal: Ed  Philion (reasons as stated above)

Toronto: Kevin Eiben

Hamilton: Simoni Lawrence (our GC champs exposed him quite nicely) 

Saskatchewan: Nate Davis (worst incident ever)

Edmonton: Jason Maas

Calgary: BLM (arrogance, do not like his actions or vibes as a teammate)

BC: Mike Reilly (overrated) 

Add Chip Cox, Diamond Ferri, and Sanchez to the Montreal list for the same reasons... POS guys. 

1 hour ago, bearpants said:

I used to hate Anthony Calvillo... mostly because he destroyed us sooooo many times.... as the years went on I began to appreciate his greatness.... (beating Sask in back to back cups helped 😀 )

and I'll go to bat in saying that he, along with Henry Burris, is one of the most overrated players in league history. AC/Burris/Allen don't belong in the same breath as Flutie, Moon, Ray and Dunigan.....IMO.

2 hours ago, Noeller said:

and I'll go to bat in saying that he, along with Henry Burris, is one of the most overrated players in league history. AC/Burris/Allen don't belong in the same breath as Flutie, Moon, Ray and Dunigan.....IMO.

I would not actually put Dunigan in that conversation of “best of the best”.