Covid-19

JCon

33 minutes ago, Noeller said:

You are what you stand next to...... 

If you see horrible things like Nazi-ism, racism, etc... and you don't do something about it (or at the very least, immediately remove yourself from that situation) then you are part of that problem....

Well said, so what say you non nazi non racists who join a gang of people chanting freedom, no mandates, no vaccines, my body my choice with a few scattering of people signifying what you claim you are not? Do you just point at them and say I’m not with them?

Edited by HardCoreBlue

3 hours ago, GCn20 said:

You are suggesting that Trump made a conscious effort to attract nazis and racists? If he did then for sure there is no place for supporting him. However, if he did not and spoke out against nazism and racism you are making him guilty of something beyond his control. Same as the protesters. I don't agree with the blockade and I think it is ignorant. I will not, however, paint them as nazis because nazis chose to show up uninvited.

YES!!! Trump did go out of his way to attract and legitimize Nazi and Nazi sympathizers!  His father was a Nazi supporter and was even arrested for that. Trump also called Nazi sympathizers who were dressed as such in Charlotteville (and who killed a counter demostrator) as "very fine people

3 hours ago, Noeller said:

You are what you stand next to...... 

If you see horrible things like Nazi-ism, racism, etc... and you don't do something about it (or at the very least, immediately remove yourself from that situation) then you are part of that problem....

If you were to go to a parade (say the Flames won the Stanley Cup)  and saw someone acting like a racist or claimed they were a Neo Nazi.   What would you do?  Would you start throwing fists?   What if security does nothing? Would you leave because of one person who is making an idiot of themselves?    Are all the people who are at the parade now deemed racists nazis because they didn't physically grab the guy and unlawfully tossed him out?     

3 minutes ago, Brandon said:

If you were to go to a parade (say the Flames won the Stanley Cup)  and saw someone acting like a racist or claimed they were a Neo Nazi.   What would you do?  Would you start throwing fists?   What if security does nothing? Would you leave because of one person who is making an idiot of themselves?    Are all the people who are at the parade now deemed racists nazis because they didn't physically grab the guy and unlawfully tossed him out?     

Listen, I live among these Nazi loving assholes every day. Rural AB is a strange place. And I call it out on social mediw every chance I get. 

The difference between your scenario of a SC parade and the Ottawa iccuoati9n/insurrection is, the parades purpose isn't hate, while the Ottawa (and other cities) situation is that 8ta based around hate. Everyone is there because they're angry and full of hate. 

2 hours ago, Noeller said:

Listen, I live among these Nazi loving assholes every day. Rural AB is a strange place. And I call it out on social mediw every chance I get. 

The difference between your scenario of a SC parade and the Ottawa iccuoati9n/insurrection is, the parades purpose isn't hate, while the Ottawa (and other cities) situation is that 8ta based around hate. Everyone is there because they're angry and full of hate. 

Not sure what iccuoati9n  means but the Ottawa situation isn't based out of hate.   It's based about people thinking about a violation of their own freedoms.   It mostly stems from ignorance and selfishness but I wouldn't say it's hate at all.    I'd think a world history lesson or even current world events if you were to step out of your bubble and educate yourself about what goes around the world you would ACTUALLY learn what hate is.   I'd consider people getting murdered purely based on color of skin/religion and other factors to be true hate crimes.  I don't consider a bunch of uninformed yokels honking horns blocking traffic and saying they dont' want to be controlled the same as people living in fear and hiding because they will get beaten or killed.  

Calling people out on social media seems pretty cowardly and lazy if you truly cared about the situation.    Complaining about a situation from a keyboard anonymously seems much less brave then putting yourself out there in the line of fire and standing up for what you believe.   While I don't agree or share the same beliefs of those people I can at least understand that the reason that most people are doing what they are doing is because they feel violated.    Similar to the BLM events from recent years I'm sure some bad eggs are hopping on and trying to stir **** up or use this event as a reason to be an *******.   To paint everyone as a nazi dear lord the amount of ignorance and close mindedness makes me feel like I'm on the Riderfans forum.     

It's almost like I'm talking from someone in the Bible Belt Winkler area... that's what it seems like?  Very similar close minded mentality but this time on the opposite end of the spectrum that some folks in the Bible Belt think like. 

16 hours ago, Fatty Liver said:

The protestors may all be fairly despicable, but they're not all Nazi supporters, and the component who truly are, is only a fringe of the fringe.

Nope.... The Nazi Hitler was considered a kook, fringe, and a nobody.  If you are there with them, you are giving them support intentionally, or not.

Trump was considered a kook, outsider, fringe, laughed at and despised by everyone, including all of the leading Republicans. lindsay Graham mocked him .

Look at him now. He even has fans at this site.

Dont dismiss these people. they are ruthless, committed, organized and well funded, back by elected polticians, ( I dont care what they say when the light is on them) with large pool of stupid people they can dupe into following them.

and a timorous political,class, quaking in the corner, and checking the polls.

Having been handed so much power, let's see what their next "demand " is when this is over. They arent leaving quietly.

the whole thing is rancid.

Edited by Mark F

The issue with defending protestors is you have people illegally blocking access at the Canadian/American border, that's not people being tired of mandates, that's people choosing to engage in criminal activity which in mind my is terrorism.

You have people blocking access to hospitals (see Boundry Trails Hospital). You have protestors harrassing clients going to the Women's Clinic downtown. You have protestors blocking roads in cities. You had protestors holding a protest at a school causing it to lock down. The blowing of horns and trains whistles making living in some areas difficult. Not to mention the numerous reports of protestors spewing racist and sexist comments to individuals walking by and the individuals with confederate and nazi flags.

I'm not sure how one can defend this.

51 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

The issue with defending protestors is you have people illegally blocking access at the Canadian/American border, that's not people being tired of mandates, that's people choosing to engage in criminal activity which in mind my is terrorism.

You have people blocking access to hospitals (see Boundry Trails Hospital). You have protestors harrassing clients going to the Women's Clinic downtown. You have protestors blocking roads in cities. You had protestors holding a protest at a school causing it to lock down. The blowing of horns and trains whistles making living in some areas difficult. Not to mention the numerous reports of protestors spewing racist and sexist comments to individuals walking by and the individuals with confederate and nazi flags.

I'm not sure how one can defend this.

You can if you think God is on your side, urging you to do this, or you believe that you are terribly aggreived.

So, here's a very good article from CBC. 

They are removing vaccines mandates because there are not enough people who are boosted - two doses are less than 15% effective at preventing transmission

The mandates served their purpose - 3 million more Canadians got vaccinated.  But Omicron will continue moving through the population, regardless of that.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/health/canada-vaccine-mandate-passport-covid-19-omicron-boosters-1.6349038?fbclid=IwAR0IpWKlR11cxi6u97VqnNWEet4WVfJ7oD0nWLyC7h-YvUrWVxOpNS5RsxE

13 hours ago, Noeller said:

I know there are plenty of very good, down to earth people in rural Alberta

How much real estate you allow the lunatics to occupy in your brain - is under your control. 

I completely disagree with your assertion that the passports have server their purpose. 2 doses isn't enough anymore? Then the passport means you need 3 doses minimum. Keep changing it as long as is necessary. 

Denmark removed all restrictions and a month later they're seeing record numbers of hospitalizations and deaths. 

What all levels of government are doing right now is reckless and life threatening to far too many. 

4 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I completely disagree with your assertion that the passports have server their purpose. 2 doses isn't enough anymore? Then the passport means you need 3 doses minimum. Keep changing it as long as is necessary. 

Denmark removed all restrictions and a month later they're seeing record numbers of hospitalizations and deaths. 

What all levels of government are doing right now is reckless and life threatening to far too many. 

It's not my assertion: it was stated by medical professionals in the article

You would need the ability to enforce it for over 50% of the population

That ability does not exist

You can't live in fear. That sounds like you are unfortunately doing that @Noeller

Maybe Winnipeg ain't as ridiculous as where you are.... but the best thing to do is not overly worry about covid.. you got your shots..a bunch of us did and the whole idea behind them is to protect ourselves and those around us. We did that so we can get to a point where some form of normalcy comes back... are there morons? Yes. Is covid a threat? Yes. If you got your shots? You should be fine still. 

The governments? They suck and have the whole time. U know what tho... fun fact... I may still very likely wear a face mask or covering in certain packed places. 

Been to grocery stores? So has the unvaxxed and some of those workers touching food all night ain't vaxxed yet either  

You got your doses so **** those who didn't. They will be the ones in hospitals and icu

27 minutes ago, Mark H. said:

It's not my assertion: it was stated by medical professionals in the article

You would need the ability to enforce it for over 50% of the population

That ability does not exist

From the very article you posted - "Experts say COVID-19 vaccine mandates have been effective at reducing transmission, hospitalizations and compelling people to get vaccinated, but ending them too soon could undo some of what’s been accomplished in the past year."

The article does a good job of discussing both sides of the argument. Obviously this is a very dynamic situation as we learn more about the virus and the potential limitations of vaccinations/booster shots. I agree that there is less of a case for mandates when they aren't as protective for infection/transmission, but they are still overwhelmingly keeping hospitals from being overrun and keeping vulnerable people protected. Boosters are currently protective against infection/transmission. The situation may also change as more vaccines emerge, including Omicron-specific vaccines and vaccines with potentially longer lasting protection. It may also change as new variants emerge, we don't really know.

Now that the prairie provinces have caved to occupiers it will be very hard to ever re-introduce mandates for vaccines or masking, even if science is overwhelmingly in favour of it. We know who's voices have priority. It still seems like there is significant consensus among health experts that mask mandates should continue as well.

45 minutes ago, iHeart said:

well, they are very lucky that I'm not the Premier, otherwise I would be like "Well if you guys aren't leaving I'm not scaling back restrictions"

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/winnipeg-convoy-roadmap-covid-restrictions-staying-1.6348882?fbclid=IwAR2SZtK0pxNceDcas-Bt58Ux4SsAyNIg-of_yjMxp9gf1_ICc8jl_qMSrKM

Now that these butt-clowns think they've won, I'd be interested what they would do if Canada removed the vaccine mandate for truckers but it stayed on in the US. And as for their "taking away my livelihood" argument: https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/truckers-wanted-no-vaccination-required-manitoba-trucking-association-1.6348728

1 hour ago, Goalie said:

You got your doses so **** those who didn't. They will be the ones in hospitals and icu

And that's the issue- they will be the ones in hospitals and ICUs, and the people who are fully vaxxed that were in a car accident won't have a bed in the ICU because of all the antivaxxers are sitting on ventilators... oh, you just had a heart attack- sorry, no bed for you.  No beds, means NO beds.

The whole reason for all the mandates was to protect our healthcare system. 

So no, it's not as simple as "**** those that don't". 

2 hours ago, Noeller said:

Not quite.  They removed all restrictions 2 weeks ago - Feb. 1

They had 75 people in ICU at the end of January - they currently have 30 people in ICU.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/covid-restrictions-denmark/

Now, the first large study to assess cardiovascular outcomes 1 year after SARS-CoV-2 infection has demonstrated that the virus’ impact is often lasting. In an analysis of more than 11 million U.S. veterans’ health records, researchers found the risk of 20 different heart and vessel maladies was substantially increased in veterans who had COVID-19 1 year earlier, compared with those who didn’t. The risk rose with severity of initial disease and extended to every outcome the team examined, including heart attacks, arrhythmias, strokes, cardiac arrest, and more. Even people who never went to the hospital had more cardiovascular disease than those who were never infected.

The results are “stunning … worse than I expected, for sure,” says Eric Topol, a cardiologist at Scripps Research. “All of these are very serious disorders. … If anybody ever thought that COVID was like the flu this should be one of the most powerful data sets to point out it’s not.” He adds that the new study “may be the most impressive Long Covid paper we have seen to date.”

For example, veterans who had had COVID-19 faced a 72% higher risk of heart failure after 12 months than those in a control group who didn’t test positive. 

https://www.science.org/content/article/covid-19-takes-serious-toll-heart-health-full-year-after-recovery

55 minutes ago, Mark F said:

Now, the first large study to assess cardiovascular outcomes 1 year after SARS-CoV-2 infection has demonstrated that the virus’ impact is often lasting. In an analysis of more than 11 million U.S. veterans’ health records, researchers found the risk of 20 different heart and vessel maladies was substantially increased in veterans who had COVID-19 1 year earlier, compared with those who didn’t. The risk rose with severity of initial disease and extended to every outcome the team examined, including heart attacks, arrhythmias, strokes, cardiac arrest, and more. Even people who never went to the hospital had more cardiovascular disease than those who were never infected.

The results are “stunning … worse than I expected, for sure,” says Eric Topol, a cardiologist at Scripps Research. “All of these are very serious disorders. … If anybody ever thought that COVID was like the flu this should be one of the most powerful data sets to point out it’s not.” He adds that the new study “may be the most impressive Long Covid paper we have seen to date.”

For example, veterans who had had COVID-19 faced a 72% higher risk of heart failure after 12 months than those in a control group who didn’t test positive. 

https://www.science.org/content/article/covid-19-takes-serious-toll-heart-health-full-year-after-recovery

The law of unforeseen consequences has surfaced. The Jesus freaks will continue to believe, in face of overwhelming evidence to the contrary, that Jesus will protect them and the rest of the nuts will blame it on being poisoned or ignore it altogether.