Covid-19

JCon

2 minutes ago, bustamente said:

Spotify only reacted when they lost 2 billion in market value, you want real reaction from Spotify get some of the real heavy hitters to pull their music 

sounds like Foo Fighters are close to doing it...but they'd need a T-Swizzle level artist to do it to really make some noise...

Moderna Announces Full FDA Approval For Its COVID-19 Vaccine

WASHINGTON (AP) — Moderna announced Monday that U.S. health regulators granted full approval to its COVID-19 vaccine, a shot that’s been given to tens of millions of Americans since its emergency authorization over a year ago.

The action by the Food and Drug Administration means the agency has completed the same rigorous, time-consuming review of Moderna’s shot as dozens of other long-established vaccines.

The decision was bolstered by real-world evidence from the more than 200 million doses administered in the U.S. since the FDA cleared the shot in December 2020. The FDA granted full approval of Pfizer’s vaccine last August.

Public health advocates initially hoped the regulatory distinction would boost public confidence in the shots. But there was no discernable bump in vaccinations after the Pfizer approval, which was heavily promoted by President Joe Biden and other federal officials.

More than 211 million Americans, or 63% of the total population, are fully vaccinated. About 86 million people have gotten a booster dose. Vaccinations peaked last spring at more than 3 million per day, and now average less than 750,000 per day. The pace of vaccinations briefly spiked following news of the omicron variant in December but has since slowed again.

The FDA, like regulators in Europe and elsewhere, initially allowed emergency use of Moderna’s vaccine based on a study that tracked 44,000 people 18 and older for at least two months — the time period when serious side effects typically arise. That’s shorter than the six months of safety data normally required for full approval, so Moderna continued that study. The FDA also kept watch for serious side effects that have proved to be very rare.

In the U.S., Moderna is used only by adults. The company said last fall that FDA had delayed deciding whether to clear the shots for 12- to 17-year-olds as it examined a rare risk of heart inflammation seen mostly in young men and teen boys.

Johnson & Johnson has not yet applied for full approval of its COVID-19 vaccine.

Moderna Announces Full FDA Approval For Its COVID-19 Vaccine | HuffPost Latest News

Im was watching the news and They were interviewing  a protestor. A supposed trucker. He said he lost his job and now he  might lose his home. Well idiot, go home and get to work. There is a desperate shortage of truckers right now. That has always been the case and now it's even more so. I remember getting my Class 1 back in the 80s and a friend said  " you realize once you have your class 1 that's all you will get to do right ? "  When I ran equipment I sometimes wouldn't tell employers I had my class 1 or I'd be trucking.

My point being he made a choice, work  or hang out with the idiots there. On top of that,  I could have him a job today , vaccinated or not and I haven't been in a truck in 4 years. What a load of BS.

Edited by the watcher

Oh good lord... here we go. The covidiots have more ammo now...

https://sites.krieger.jhu.edu › ...PDF
A Literature Review and Meta-Analysis of the Effects of Lockdowns on COVID-19 ...

https://www.foxnews.com/us/lockdowns-reduced-covid-19-mortality-by-2-study-finds-lockdowns-should-be-rejected-out-of-hand

Making the rounds on every alt right and antivaxx site and news org.... not one of them is going to be responsible in disseminating the info to its audience... 

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

(Another one bites the dust)

Anti-Vax Priest Who Claimed Vaccines Contain ‘Aborted Embryos’ Dies of COVID

An Italian priest who shunned COVID-19 vaccines over the false belief that they contain “aborted embryos” has died at the age of 51 after battling coronavirus for several weeks.

Don Paolo Romeo had resisted pleas to get vaccinated from friends and colleagues who tried to talk sense into him, according to the L’Unione Sarda newspaper.

Romeo, who served as parish priest at Santo Stefano Abbey in Genoa, had clung to the conspiracy theory espoused by followers of French Catholic Archbishop Marcel François Marie Joseph Lefebvre: that vaccines are made using cells from aborted embryos.

(This claim is false and has been debunked even by the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops, which noted in a statement released in January that “neither Pfizer nor Moderna used an abortion-derived cell line in the development or production of the vaccine.”) Fetal cell lines, which are cloned copies of cells taken from elective abortions that were performed decades ago, were used in the testing of vaccines and have frequently been used for the testing of widely used drugs like ibuprofen and aspirin.

But even the Vatican has stressed that COVID-19 vaccines are “morally acceptable” and “can be used in good conscience” during the pandemic.

Romeo refused to be swayed, however, and he continued to celebrate Mass despite coronavirus infections spreading. He was diagnosed with the virus in January and was admitted to a hospital near his church after his health rapidly deteriorated, according to local reports.

Anti-Vax Priest Don Paolo Romeo, Who Claimed Vaccines Contain ‘Aborted Embryos,’ Dies of COVID (thedailybeast.com)

so, some news out of Alberta today, with the CMOH recommending an endemic approach to future waves. It sounds like the vaxx passports are going to be removed starting Monday, with more restrictions removed over the course of the next few weeks. Alberta has decided that the pandemic has ended. I am sickened and terrified for my MS-stricken mother in law in a care home. They have done everything they can to sign her death warrant...

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

so, some news out of Alberta today, with the CMOH recommending an endemic approach to future waves. It sounds like the vaxx passports are going to be removed starting Monday, with more restrictions removed over the course of the next few weeks. Alberta has decided that the pandemic has ended. I am sickened and terrified for my MS-stricken mother in law in a care home. They have done everything they can to sign her death warrant...

Seven deaths in the past 24 hours in Manitoba, ICUs are filled up and they are talking up loosening restrictions. Unbelievable.

47 minutes ago, Tracker said:

Seven deaths in the past 24 hours in Manitoba, ICUs are filled up and they are talking up loosening restrictions. Unbelievable.

And they won't let the public see the data that suggests this approach is warranted - we just have to trust them. We've had the itchy trigger finger on loosening restrictions before. Pretty much every wave when we see others loosening restrictions. For some reason we've been delayed in our waves compared to other jurisdictions, but don't want to delay reopening.

"It seems a bit premature to be on a path to reopen things, particularly as we've lost all situational awareness when it comes to knowing where our cases are coming from, who is most affected, and what the transmission chains are," said University of Manitoba epidemiologist Souradet Shaw. 

"Hospitalizations are at an all-time high, and ICUs have not yet peaked, so the timing is curious."

I have a mini rant....

https://www150.statcan.gc.ca/t1/tbl1/en/tv.action?pid=1310070801&pickMembers[0]=1.8&cubeTimeFrame.startYear=2010&cubeTimeFrame.endYear=2020&referencePeriods=20100101%2C20200101

Hopefully that big link above works,    I'm not diminishing the role of COVID and the seriousness of it all, but in the grand scheme of things is the amount of deaths really a number that people should be freaking out over?   

The ICU issues are very real but this isn't something new that suddenly popped up in 2019.  In the last ten years our families have had to go through 4 different people with Cancer and even back in 2012 our whole system here in Manitoba was subpar and nearly every different area was strained for staff and the "service level" or whatever you call it from the patient perspective has been terrible. 

I'm thinking the physical and mental health of the whole public at this point is a serious factor to consider,   do we all isolate and many people become physically unhealthy and suffer long term mental health issues in hopes that one day it magically goes away?     From my own world with my friends and workplace,  the people who I have known to have COVID all followed the rules strictly and were double vaxxed wearing masks and staying at home and yet they still ended up being infected.  

Physically I know a whole lot more people who have put on "COVID" weight then people who have lost weight in the last 2 years.

Mentally I've noticed a huge impact on my children and many other parents I speak with have said the same.  The cancelled activities and the isolation from interaction with other kids has really taken a huge toll on the kids.  This year my eldest was ecstatic to go back to school in Fall and then once again back to school last month from the extended Christmas break.   These kids are suffering and I always get a kick about reading online when people usually non parents say "Keep the kids at home, close the schools,  what's wrong with the Gov't for trying to spread the disease".   The ignorance is unbelievable.     I look back at my days at school and I remembered the bullied kids who were ostracisized and basically ignored and left alone and reflecting back and seeing how they  progressed over the years it was terrible how much mental suffering those kids had and I totally wish that no kids would ever get bullied (suffer mental health issues) because it really shaped who they become in a serious way.  

I look at my Dad who was supposed to pass away 2 years ago from Cancer and is still hanging on and the amount of severe depression the man has had over the last 6 months its terrible.  The guy having to spend half his time now in a clinic/hospital getting treatment and then only for him to be told that he has to stay at home all by himself and can't visit friends or his grand kids and basically rob him of any sort of joy in life.   It wasn't fun trying to get the guy to stop talking about having no will to live anymore.   I've also talked with friends who had parents who this year went away fully knowing the risks with basically the same attitude of "I only have so much time left on this planet".

I am so very thankful that I have a good job and I can work home,  but I can only imagine the folks who work jobs that depend on foot traffic (retail/restaurants/other) and having a massive strain on keeping employment, getting sufficient hours,  dealing with the rising cost of goods, etc...     

At some point you have to pivot the course of action and just deal with the fact that at some point everyone is going to get infected by whatever different kind of strain the keeps coming out and they need Plan B or maybe the next evolution of how to deal with this crisis.   The Provincial Gov't or probably more so the Federal Gov't have really dropped the ball on expanding or evolving our medical care in dealing with this and really should be held accountable.  Maybe it's time we go to semi-private medical care or come up with a radical solution for those who are not vaxx (tax them heavily?)  who knows.      All I know is that everything closing down on an annual basis and then taking needles every 6 months is not working and isn't a proper long term solution.    

Ideally we live in a utopian society where nobody dies and everything is great, but unfortunately that's not reality.   If we want to cut back on the annual deaths in Canada then we can save numbers by banning alchoal  (nearly 1500 people die from drunk driving per year) ,    ban unhealthy foods  (who knows how many people die from obesity related deaths) ,    ban cigarettes and/or other potential cancer inducing foods,   etc....  Clearly this isn't going to happen because unless we want to be completely limited on our enjoyments in life.    At some point you need to have a balance and I think that point is happening now so in my opinion I don't blame some provinces for opening up.   

End of rant.  

15 minutes ago, Brandon said:

At some point you need to have a balance and I think that point is happening now so in my opinion I don't blame some provinces for opening up.   

Agreed, at some point we have to open it up and live. 

Is now that time though?

-Hospitalizations are at an all time high.

-ICU admission hasn't peaked yet- should be in a few days or weeks. 

No beds in the hospital means no beds for anything- that is the very scenario that these restrictions are put into place to avoid.

1 hour ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Is now that time though?

No beds in the hospital means no beds for anything- that is the very scenario that these restrictions are put into place to avoid.

It's been bad for years ,   I don't think any of this can be resolved in a matter of months or even years.       

Definitely change will need to be made but growing pains will be endured.  

15 hours ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Is now that time though?

That one useless week of remote learning after Christmas - that was the breaking point for me. When you're doing things just for the sake of appearances - it's time for change. That change is now happening.