Covid-19

JCon

41 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Pitiful leadership from the province. 

Shifting responsibility to the Feds to clean up the Covid mess while getting rid of Covid prevention measures because we apparently don't need them anymore. Publicly complaining that the Feds need to step in (Emergencies Act), while also privately asking the Feds to do something to stop the blockade at Emerson.... We don't have provincial leadership, we have leaders that are followers. And the crowd they are following...

New Zealand police said Thursday they will review hours of cellphone footage taken by themselves, the media and the public to identify lawbreakers, while crews begin the cleanup of Parliament’s grounds after a protest there against coronavirus vaccine mandates ended in violence.

https://apnews.com/article/coronavirus-pandemic-health-media-new-zealand-4ccb0444020db3522cf8eb1c96b4423c

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

3 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

New Zealand police said Thursday they will review hours of cellphone footage taken by themselves, the media and the public to identify lawbreakers, while crews begin the cleanup of Parliament’s grounds after a protest there against coronavirus vaccine mandates ended in violence.

https://apnews.com/article/coronavirus-pandemic-health-media-new-zealand-4ccb0444020db3522cf8eb1c96b4423c

It would be very appropriate to have the protesters pay for the cleanup.

On 2022-03-01 at 6:09 PM, WildPath said:

Shifting responsibility to the Feds to clean up the Covid mess while getting rid of Covid prevention measures because we apparently don't need them anymore. Publicly complaining that the Feds need to step in (Emergencies Act), while also privately asking the Feds to do something to stop the blockade at Emerson.... We don't have provincial leadership, we have leaders that are followers. And the crowd they are following...

The governing party has to keep up the appearance they are as pissed off and righteous as Sask. and AB.  Don't want to get  behind on the list of grievances.  Head arsonist Kenny leads the way, and he's so mad he wants to burn down the house.

6 hours ago, iHeart said:

My daughter has already said that she's going to keep wearing hers no matter what the rest of her class/school is doing.

Catherine the great ...... woke dupe! Exposed:  Bill Gates time travels!

"A 1787 letter that finds Catherine the Great strategizing about how to get the Russian public inoculated against smallpox is going up for auction next month, reports Ola Cichowlas for Agence France-Press (AFP).

“[O]ne of the most important [tasks] should be the introduction of inoculation against smallpox, which, as we know, causes great harm, especially among ordinary people,” the Russian empress wrote to Count Pyotr Aleksandrovich Rumyantsev. “Such inoculation should be common everywhere.”

The missive includes ideas about how to accomplish this goal, including setting up lodging in abandoned monasteries and convents for people who traveled from afar to get inoculated."

smithsonian

Edited by Mark F

Unvaccinated Child Tests Positive for Polio in Israel’s First Case in 3 Decades

A four-year-old in Jerusalem was diagnosed with polio, marking the first known case in Israel since 1989, according to the country’s health ministry. The boy was not vaccinated against the disease, according to the ministry’s Sunday statement. It was unclear what symptoms he might have been experiencing, but authorities said he had not yet been hospitalized, according to Haaretz. A regional health administration in the city has opened an epidemiological investigation to keep tabs on the child’s health. Polio, a highly infectious virus that can be life-threatening, has no cure, but is easily prevented through vaccination. It has been eradicated in many regions, but remains endemic in places like Afghanistan, Nigeria, and Pakistan.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/first-polio-case-in-israel-in-three-decades-as-unvaccinated-4-year-old-child-tests-positive?ref=home?ref=home

On 2022-03-06 at 11:44 AM, Mark F said:

Catherine the great ...... woke dupe! Exposed:  Bill Gates time travels!

"A 1787 letter that finds Catherine the Great strategizing about how to get the Russian public inoculated against smallpox is going up for auction next month, reports Ola Cichowlas for Agence France-Press (AFP).

“[O]ne of the most important [tasks] should be the introduction of inoculation against smallpox, which, as we know, causes great harm, especially among ordinary people,” the Russian empress wrote to Count Pyotr Aleksandrovich Rumyantsev. “Such inoculation should be common everywhere.”

The missive includes ideas about how to accomplish this goal, including setting up lodging in abandoned monasteries and convents for people who traveled from afar to get inoculated."

smithsonian

Course back then the inoculation involved giving yourself smallpox.

read a bunch of stuff yesterday about Omi V2 starting to take over and UK. after some decline, now seeing rapid uptick in hospitalizations and ICU again. Removal of mitigation measures not helping and will cause a lot of undue stress for docs/nurses/hospitals over here this spring/summer....

13 minutes ago, Noeller said:

read a bunch of stuff yesterday about Omi V2 starting to take over and UK. after some decline, now seeing rapid uptick in hospitalizations and ICU again. Removal of mitigation measures not helping and will cause a lot of undue stress for docs/nurses/hospitals over here this spring/summer....

Sucks to be the UK! We're not testing here anymore, so obviously, no one can get Covid or get sick from it. We're smarter than Covid. We're the smartest. 

Got some really disturbing news today. My wife saw her doctor and commented that when she (my wife) went to Emergency at Seven Oaks with a medical emergency, the hospital did not check her for COVID symptoms apart from asking her if she was ill. Her doctor said that doctors and hospitals have been instructed by the Health Ministry to no longer do or recommend COVID testing on patients as the province was no longer doing the PCR testing due to expense as of some three weeks ago. . The doctor also advised her that the rapid tests are no more than 50% accurate, so you would be just as accurate to flip a coin to see if you have COVID or any of the variants.

The provincial PCs are doing their thing once again and, as an added insult, the Free Press reported last week that Heather Stefanson stated that when she was minister of health, she was not aware of patients being shipped out province and there was no need for it, as there was adequate room in the existing CCU's. 

Edited by Tracker

4 minutes ago, Tracker said:

Got some really disturbing news today. My wife saw her doctor and commented that when she (my wife) went to Emergency at Seven Oaks with a medical emergency, the hospital did not check her for COVID symptoms apart from asking her if she was ill. Her doctor said that doctors and hospitals have been instructed by the Health Ministry to no longer do or recommend COVID testing on patients as the province was no longer doing the PCR testing due to expense as of some three weeks ago. . The doctor also advised her that the rapid tests are no more than 50% accurate, so you would be just as accurate to flip a coin to see if you have COVID or any of the variants.

The provincial PCs are doing their thing once again and, as an added insult, the Free Press reported last week that Heather Stefanson stated that when she was minister of health, she was not aware of patients being shipped out province and there was no need for it, as there was adequate room in the existing CCU's. 

Seriously???? My wife gets a Covid test every time she goes to the hospital, which has been weekly. Now, they're going to stop that? 

I can't even imagine how crappy the next 4 to 6 months are going to be. Covid rising and the gov't pretending that there's nothing to do about it. 

I was hoping that my boys could live a somewhat normal life, with activities and school but without testing and without masks, that won't be possible. 

2 minutes ago, JCon said:

Seriously???? My wife gets a Covid test every time she goes to the hospital, which has been weekly. Now, they're going to stop that? 

I can't even imagine how crappy the next 4 to 6 months are going to be. Covid rising and the gov't pretending that there's nothing to do about it. 

I was hoping that my boys could live a somewhat normal life, with activities and school but without testing and without masks, that won't be possible. 

The province has stopped the PCR lab tests. If what the doctor said is true, and I do not doubt it, the rapid Antigen tests are almost useless. As our premier said a month ago, we're on our own.

20 minutes ago, Tracker said:

We really need a WTAF button added on this forum.