Covid-19

JCon

On 2022-02-02 at 11:22 AM, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Oh good lord... here we go. The covidiots have more ammo now...

https://sites.krieger.jhu.edu › ...PDF
A Literature Review and Meta-Analysis of the Effects of Lockdowns on COVID-19 ...

https://www.foxnews.com/us/lockdowns-reduced-covid-19-mortality-by-2-study-finds-lockdowns-should-be-rejected-out-of-hand

Making the rounds on every alt right and antivaxx site and news org.... not one of them is going to be responsible in disseminating the info to its audience... 

What I find frustrating is this sense that the entire world could be involved in a pandemic and there is some solution to it that wouldn't inconvenience or harm someone somewhere in some way.

Like it's a ******* pandemic!! YEAH **** is gonna suck for a while!! It's gonna suck and or people are going to die...stop whining about it and help.

5 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

What I find frustrating is this sense that the entire world could be involved in a pandemic and there is some solution to it that wouldn't inconvenience or harm someone somewhere in some way.

Like it's a ******* pandemic!! YEAH **** is gonna suck for a while!! It's gonna suck and or people are going to die...stop whining about it and help.

all of these complaining assholes would never have made it through the World Wars.... "rationing? Don't take away my freedom!!"

6 minutes ago, Noeller said:

all of these complaining assholes would never have made it through the World Wars.... "rationing? Don't take away my freedom!!"

I've thought this many many times. Like IF this is the worst my generation has to go through, it's a ******* joke compared to what previous generations had to handle. Like they can't even be compared. Storming Normandy....or wearing a mask? Rationing your food....or ordering out instead of dinning in? Having your manufacturing business under the control of the government to help the war effort....or get a life saving medicine? 

and I know the comparisons are apples to apples....but if my grandfather had to listen to motherfuckers cry about masks and school closures and comparing it to what he did in the wars...I can't even imagine what he'd say....******* *******.

Edited by Bigblue204

On 2022-02-04 at 12:19 PM, Bigblue204 said:

Here’s what I just read on someone’s feed. ‘We are fighting for our freedom because we are being forced out of society because we won’t get the jab’. 

Global pandemic that has killed millions, decimated livelihoods and severely strained healthcare system means that to you? Hmmmm. Another meaning that comes to mind is maybe self entitled prick who just can’t think outside their little bubble world?

Right, sorry be nice love everyone regardless of taking the jab or not. Another post I read that made me gag.

On 2022-02-04 at 12:25 PM, Noeller said:

Right.

Not willing to make a tiny sacrifice (proven vaccine, mask, better hand washing, distancing when appropriate) for the greater good (no mask, no distancing, ease on healthcare system and workers, back to where we all want to be).

Nope muh freedom, muh rights, muh body muh choice don’t end at your fear. I can’t say this in my head without doing it with a stupid drawl. 

On 2022-02-04 at 1:31 PM, Bigblue204 said:

I've thought this many many times. Like IF this is the worst my generation has to go through, it's a ******* joke compared to what previous generations had to handle. Like they can't even be compared. Storming Normandy....or wearing a mask? Rationing your food....or ordering out instead of dinning in? Having your manufacturing business under the control of the government to help the war effort....or get a life saving medicine? 

and I know the comparisons are apples to apples....but if my grandfather had to listen to motherfuckers cry about masks and school closures and comparing it to what he did in the wars...I can't even imagine what he'd say....******* *******.

Previously in Canada when a member of your household got sick with one of the many epidemics that swept through, a card went up on your door or gatepost. . Each disease had a different colour so people knew what that household had. Only the Doctor was allowed in  or out. This was within my parents time. Our local cemetery started where it is because two neighbors lost kids and decided to bury them together. If you walk through that cemetery there are monuments where you can see that a family would lose 5 or 6 children over a 2 year span. Imagine being alone in your house. Your child gets sick. You have seen it before with the other little ones that have died. The Doctor might come, you would hope,  but down deep you would know they were dieing. Going through that , 5 or 6 times , in a couple of years. Typhoid, diphtheria, scarlet fever, influenza, polio..... This is why there was no discussion when I was a kid about getting a jab. My parents remembered the days  before science and medicine won out over these diseases. 

And now we protest over wearing a mask and getting a jab .

Edit : My mother was a nurse in the 1940s .She dealt with alot of polio victims during a bad outbreak including some that required a " iron lung  " to breath. I can't imagine what that tough no nonsense lady would have to say. She would be pretty disgusted by all the silliness. 

Edited by the watcher

People who are angry that their freedom to choose is being taken away in whether they want to help curb this pandemic are literally saying they choose not to help and no one or no mandate should cause consequences for that choice.

It's as simple as that no matter how it's dressed up with well articulated lies.

Someone needs to dress up as Hitler and start offing the morons nazi style.

I said to someone the other day.. maybe send these freedom assholes off to fight wars and things of this nature and see how quickly they run. Bunch of morons and *******. Wasn't Adolf pro vaccine lol.. these morons waving the flag would be in concentration camps right now if Hitler was around 

Edited by Goalie

On 2022-02-02 at 11:22 AM, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Oh good lord... here we go. The covidiots have more ammo now...

https://sites.krieger.jhu.edu › ...PDF
A Literature Review and Meta-Analysis of the Effects of Lockdowns on COVID-19 ...

https://www.foxnews.com/us/lockdowns-reduced-covid-19-mortality-by-2-study-finds-lockdowns-should-be-rejected-out-of-hand

Making the rounds on every alt right and antivaxx site and news org.... not one of them is going to be responsible in disseminating the info to its audience... 

And here we go, a thread that tears that study to shreds:

9 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

oh right- ****** convoy.

No, no - truckin’ convoy. Actually, you may have got it right the first time.

You know, I don’t advocate any violent actions against the protestors, but the ones who got run over are lucky they were able to get medical aid at the hospital despite the overcrowding caused by those who refuse to get vaxxed clogging up the ICUs.

14 minutes ago, Tracker said:

On a personal note: my cousin's 2 year old granddaughter is in Intensive Care on a ventilator fighting for her life after contracting COVID.  The prognosis is not positive and the family has been told to prepare for the worst. 

Sorry to hear that. This is my worst fear. Can not imagine being in that family and having people trying to shut down the city over wearing a mask....

1 hour ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Oh for f#$& sakes... if the Canadian women's hockey team can play a whole game with masks on, is it really that oppressive to ask you to wear a mask to go shopping?!?

1 hour ago, Sard said:

Oh for f#$& sakes... if the Canadian women's hockey team can play a whole game with masks on, is it really that oppressive to ask you to wear a mask to go shopping?!?

Of course it isn't. It's not oppression at all. There is literally nothing oppressive about this country's response to the pandemix.

These knuckle-dragging morons wouldn't know oppression if it broke down their door, dragged them out of their homes, and beat them in the street. They're that ******* stupid.

nice strategy. Cause a ruckus just as things are scheduled to change, then take credit for the change. Makes you look credible and powerful, even if in reality it's like you're Macho Harris and you're crediting yourself for the bombers' turnaround season in 2016.

I'm glad that the border vaccine controls will be more enduring than the in-country vaxx and mask mandates.

(nothing against Macho, his was just a name I picked from the 2016 bomber roster)

Edited by johnzo

Best part? Nothing is changed for the dirty covidiots: https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/covid19-vaccines-update-manitoba-health-officials-1.6344843

Manitoba public health decisions aren't being influenced by protesters calling for an end to pandemic restrictions, the acting deputy chief public health officer said a day after the province slightly loosened its health orders.

New orders that came into effect Tuesday allow bigger private gatherings and higher capacity in public spaces for people who are fully vaccinated. 

Dr. Jazz Atwal, Manitoba's deputy chief public health officer, said those orders will stay in place for two weeks.

"We're going to look at the situation. We're going to look at our data. We're not going to speculate on our orders; they were just changed yesterday," Atwal said in virtual news conference on Wednesday.

"Public health wants zero restrictions on anyone. We do this because we have to do it to protect our health care system at the present time."

The sheer amount of stupid on this planet is excruciating.

1 hour ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Best part? Nothing is changed for the dirty covidiots: https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/covid19-vaccines-update-manitoba-health-officials-1.6344843

Honestly thought we would cave. We tend to follow Alberta and Saskatchewan on things like this. It is easier to pass off responsibility if you aren't the first.

4 minutes ago, WildPath said:

Honestly thought we would cave. We tend to follow Alberta and Saskatchewan on things like this. It is easier to pass off responsibility if you aren't the first.

Have a feeling that the vaccine card status will be a thing of the past by early March if not sooner

3 hours ago, Sard said:

Apparently it is to those with IQs not easily divided by 2.

48 minutes ago, bustamente said:

Have a feeling that the vaccine card status will be a thing of the past by early March if not sooner

Stefanson will be only too happy to join the stampede along with the other lemmings.

5 hours ago, Sard said:

I teach a martial art and right now it's mostly kids. I work them hard for an hour with masks on. I give them a chance a couple of times to separate and have a drink with their masks off for less than a minute. So ya, I think shopping is possible. Maybe not for the anti mask softies mind you.

3 hours ago, blue_gold_84 said:

A quote from the book I'm reading, in reference to the American state of a affairs  but it fits here.    "  Factual evidence, since it is an impediment to what we desire, is banished "       Its become a huge issue in the world. From Covid, to climate change,  to politics , the facts and the truth no longer seem to matter. 

On 2022-02-07 at 12:43 PM, Tracker said:

On a personal note: my cousin's 2 year old granddaughter is in Intensive Care on a ventilator fighting for her life after contracting COVID.  The prognosis is not positive and the family has been told to prepare for the worst. 

I'm so sorry to hear that Tracker. That's an awful thing to have todeal with.