Covid-19

JCon

3 minutes ago, bustamente said:

These restrictions are going to do nothing, fix the damn healthcare system and increase icu capacity since you wont enforce these and other silly restrictions or get people in power that have an idea on how to handle these problems

No doubt there are people in the department of Health that know exactly how to stem the problem. What we do not have is an administration wiling to do the rights things and risk alienating their yellow-dog supporters.

I like the reduction in indoor capacity limits. I'm coming home for a week after Christmas, and will feel a lot safer going into restaurants, etc with the reduced capacity limits. As it is, I'm double-masking in AB right now (with one of those N95 masks as my base layer) just to be on the safe side. Until I'm eligible for a booster, I don't trust anyone with Omicron around....

On 2021-12-17 at 5:21 PM, Noeller said:

I like the reduction in indoor capacity limits. I'm coming home for a week after Christmas, and will feel a lot safer going into restaurants, etc with the reduced capacity limits. As it is, I'm double-masking in AB right now (with one of those N95 masks as my base layer) just to be on the safe side. Until I'm eligible for a booster, I don't trust anyone with Omicron around....

I was triple vaxxed a week ago so not up to full immunity yet but even when I am, I still won't feel safe. 

8 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I was triple vaxxed a week ago so not up to full immunity yet but even when I am, I still won't feel safe. 

Those who have had the booster shot are not guaranteed total immunity, but have a 99.9% probability that if they do contract any of the COVID variants, the only effects they will experience are those of a mild 'flu. I'll take that any day.

33 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

I'll be the fall guy...make the shots mandatory. 

That would be difficult to enforce, but if you require vaccination to enter any public indoor space and actually enforce it, that would make a difference. Throwing people in jail when they ignore the regulations would also work. The precedent is already there: caregivers who do not adequately provide for dependents have been successfully prosecuted as have those who give deliberately misleading information leading to sickness, injury or death.

9 hours ago, Goalie said:

Fear factor is real. 

The alberta premier... just lol really. 

Guy is a big fear mongering bag of **** just Like the toxic Facebook and Twitter posts 

I think Kenney is a horrible premier, but I don't really see too much wrong with the video posted. He sounds like he's actually willing to take it seriously and he understands that decreased severity can still be trumped by increased transmission, especially when it comes to the health care system. Seems like he actually listened to health experts.

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

Kenney's video is one thing only: him saying that he won't do a damn thing to help anyone. He would rather do nothing and just let as many people die as necessary to prevent any further mitigation measures. The UCP base members are absolute evil...

This is called "the Donald Trump" initiative.

Elizabeth Warren and Corey Booker have contracted COVID despite being double-vaccinated, but are experiencing only mild flu symptoms. 

Elizabeth Warren, Cory Booker Test Positive For COVID-19 | HuffPost Latest News

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

Kenney's video is one thing only: him saying that he won't do a damn thing to help anyone. He would rather do nothing and just let as many people die as necessary to prevent any further mitigation measures. The UCP base members are absolute evil...

Agreed. But it is at least (marginally) better than announcing summer is going to be fantastic and then turning invisible when problems arise. Maybe the key to surviving in politics is setting a ridiculously low bar. We'll know by seeing the results of the next elections in the prairie provinces.

1 minute ago, WildPath said:

Agreed. But it is at least (marginally) better than announcing summer is going to be fantastic and then turning invisible when problems arise. Maybe the key to surviving in politics is setting a ridiculously low bar. We'll know by seeing the results of the next elections in the prairie provinces.

He said last week that his own Christmas plans would violate the current orders, then changed the orders to meet his plans. 

RBC was a steady flow yesterday when I took my child for her 1st shot. 

She's at school right now incase ppl were afraid something bad would happen if kids got vaxxed 

Some of you are older than I thought lol. 

Not eligible for booster yet 

Edited by Goalie

11 minutes ago, Goalie said:

RBC was a steady flow yesterday when I took my child for her 1st shot. 

She's at school right now incase ppl were afraid something bad would happen if kids got vaxxed 

Some of you are older than I thought lol. 

Not eligible for booster yet 

You're not 18 or you're not 6 months out?