Covid-19

JCon

21 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Clandestine churches — created to evade COVID public heath orders — popping up in farm sheds and machine shops in southern Manitoba

https://www.winnipegfreepress.com/arts-and-life/life/faith/secret-services-575892632.html

This will continue. The only answer is to charge any parent who does not get their kids vaccinated and those kids get very sick or die with criminal negligence. The same should hold true for community leaders (clergy and elected officials) who advocate for people to avoid vaccination with the same result. 

Edited by Tracker

11 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

My wife & I got our third Covid shot yesterday. We're both feeling good. No after effects.  

Really glad to hear it! Praying JK opens up the floodgates on those soon. I was 6 months on Friday so I'm just waiting. Scary reports on Omicron vs Only 2 Doses, so I want my 3rd asap.... 

1 hour ago, GCJenks said:

Got my booster today. 

If you are in Winnipeg and looking online for an appointment please call you local Safeway/ Sobeys. Their online system is having issues, not registering all the available. Most likely have same or next day available but not showing on website. 

Heads up...Walmart Southdale shots come with pain 😢

Government has have almost 2 years to get their **** in order as they have failed miserably to the point that front line personnel are quitting left and right forcing them to call on Ottawa for help in the icu's. Now they are refusing to answer various questions on enforcement these people are woefully incompetent and need to be out of politics or we are going to suffer a catastrophic failure in the healthcare system with hundred's waiting for surgeries suffering and in some cases dying.

Edited by bustamente

1 hour ago, bustamente said:

Government has have almost 2 years to get their **** in order as they have failed miserably to the point that front line personnel are quitting left and right forcing them to call on Ottawa for help in the icu's. Now they are refusing to answer various questions on enforcement these people are woefully incompetent and need to be out of politics or we are going to suffer a catastrophic failure in the healthcare system with hundred's waiting for surgeries suffering and in some cases dying.

But we have been told by the Minister of Health that this administration is well prepared to handle the pandemic and its consequences. Surely, she and they wouldn't lie to us, would they?

Pfizer Study Confirms COVID Pill's Results, Potency Versus Omicron
 Pfizer said Tuesday that its experimental COVID-19 pill appears effective against the omicron variant.

The company also said full results of its 2,250-person study confirmed the pill’s promising early results against the virus: The drug reduced combined hospitalizations and deaths by about 89% among high-risk adults when taken shortly after initial COVID-19 symptoms.

Separate laboratory testing shows the drug retains its potency against the omicron variant, the company announced, as many experts had predicted. Pfizer tested the antiviral drug against a man-made version of a key protein that omicron uses to reproduce itself.

The updates come as COVID-19 cases, deaths and hospitalization are all rising again and the U.S. hovers around 800,000 pandemic deaths. The latest surge, driven by the delta variant, is accelerating due to colder weather and more indoor gatherings, even as health officials brace for the impact of the emerging omicron mutant.

The Food and Drug Administration is expected to soon rule on whether to authorize Pfizer’s pill and a competing pill from Merck, which was submitted to regulators several weeks earlier. If granted, the pills would be the first COVID-19 treatments that Americans could pickup at a pharmacy and take at home.

Pfizer Study Confirms COVID Pill's Results, Potency Versus Omicron | HuffPost Latest News

3 hours ago, Noeller said:

PM teleconference with the premiers tonight.... big hammer coming down on travel. Not sure about inter-provincial, but exiting/entering the country about to get much more difficult. Restrictions incoming.....

Pre pandemic I went to an NBA game in Minneapolis at least once a year for 20+ years. Held off buying for this year and am glad.

14 hours ago, MOBomberFan said:

Nuts. First concert in 2 years tonight... cancelled two hours before gates opened. I'm deflated. Nowhere near back to normal, yet...

Same thing happened two weeks ago (City And Colour at Centennial Concert Hall). We were enjoying some drinks at James Avenue Pumphouse when we found out. It was such an overwhelming feeling of sadness.

How has it been nearly two years of this garbage?