Covid-19

JCon

1 minute ago, the watcher said:

https://globalnews.ca/news/8449946/omicron-canada-r-value-rate/

Omicron appears to spread at 4x the rate of the Delta variant.  And right before Christmas. Yikes !

What I’m waiting to see confirmed because of the current mixed messaging on this is how severe is this stupid Omicron on the body for vac and unvaccinated older mid age and young. 

1 minute ago, HardCoreBlue said:

What I’m waiting to see confirmed because of the current mixed messaging on this is how severe is this stupid Omicron on the body for vac and unvaccinated older mid age and young. 

Yeah, what we've been hearing, consistently, is that the outcomes are less severe. But, I don't think I have seen any data (apart from South Africa) on how severe it is. I know the symptoms are different from Delta. 

And, then, there's always the chance of long term health effects. 

19 minutes ago, JCon said:

Yeah, what we've been hearing, consistently, is that the outcomes are less severe. But, I don't think I have seen any data (apart from South Africa) on how severe it is. I know the symptoms are different from Delta. 

And, then, there's always the chance of long term health effects. 

Key thing about SA, is that they are a much younger country. I think the average age is 27  in SA and it's 43(?) here - 40ish for sure. So, they don't have the same aging population as we do, so their outcomes may be different. 

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronavirus-live-updates/2021/12/15/1064463596/german-police-anti-vax-assassination-plot

German police confiscated weapons during raids in the eastern cities of Dresden and Heidenau on Wednesday in connection with an alleged plot by radical anti-vaccination activists to kill Saxony's governor.

Members of a group calling itself "Dresden Offlinevernetzung," or Dresden offline network, had discussed killing state premier Michael Kretschmer on the online platform Telegram, according to police.

Both Dresden and the nearby small town of Heidenau are located in the country's state of Saxony, which was once part of communist East Germany. The region has among the lowest vaccine rates and highest number of COVID-19 infections in the country.

Police said they targeted five members of the Telegram group and that after searches of the sites "the initial suspicion was confirmed."

A spokesman for the State Criminal Police Office (LKA) Saxony said five residences and one workplace were searched and that police confiscated weapons, parts of weapons and crossbows, according to Süddeutsche Zeitung.

The raids follow protests against new COVID-19 restrictions and plans to make vaccinations mandatory for people working in hospitals, nursing homes and other medical practices beginning in March. The protests are supported by the far-right Alternative for Germany party (AfD), which enjoys considerable support in Saxony, according to Deutsche Welle.

The alleged plot against Kretschmer also follows death threats against other German politicians over COVID-19 policies, as well as the country's head of infectious diseases.

Nearly 107,000 people in Germany have died since the start of the COVID-19 pandemic, and since late October the country has seen a dramatic spike in infections and deaths from the virus.

In his first major address to Germany's parliament, the Bundestag, Chancellor Olaf Scholz said the country was fed up with anti-vaccine radicals.

"We will not put up with a tiny minority of uninhibited extremists trying to force their will on our entire society," he said.

These covidiot ***** are a scourge.

What's happening in Winnipeg hospitals is sickening really you have to transfer patients to other districts because they can't handle or have a plan for a surge that has happened 3 times already, the whole lot of them are incompetent idiots, unvaccinated to the front of the line for healthcare because they are oh so special.

32 minutes ago, bustamente said:

What's happening in Winnipeg hospitals is sickening really you have to transfer patients to other districts because they can't handle or have a plan for a surge that has happened 3 times already, the whole lot of them are incompetent idiots, unvaccinated to the front of the line for healthcare because they are oh so special.

It really bothers me that our provincial government and Department of Health keep rolling out the numbers all the while wringing their hands and spouting platitudes. People are dying, dammit! Even more worrisome is that projections show this wave peaking in late January, and that is providing that no new variants appear. Apparently restricting the movements of the unvaccinated and people in general is not being considered as is severe prosecution of scofflaws. 

Fauci: COVID-19 Boosters Are Enough To Fight Omicron Variant
Data shows that boosters are effective in preventing serious illness from the new variant. But effectiveness drops for those who haven't received an extra shot.
A vaccine specifically targeting the omicron coronavirus variant is not needed so long as individuals are entirely caught up on their vaccines, including their booster shot, Dr. Anthony Fauci said Wednesday, citing recent data on vaccine longevity.

“Our booster regimens work against omicron,” the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases said at a White House press briefing that featured supporting data from the agency, as well as from vaccine maker Pfizer-BioNTech, Rockefeller University in New York, and South African clinical studies. “At this point, there is no need for a variant-specific booster.”

The data presented, some of which was preliminary, showed that individuals continue to have substantial omicron-fighting antibodies weeks after receiving a booster shot, with one study showing a 38-fold increase in neutralizing activity. But this wasn’t the case for those who had received only two doses of an mRNA vaccine, such as the ones produced by Pfizer and Moderna.

Fauci: COVID-19 Boosters Are Enough To Fight Omicron Variant | HuffPost Latest News

32 minutes ago, Tracker said:

It really bothers me that our provincial government and Department of Health keep rolling out the numbers all the while wringing their hands and spouting platitudes. People are dying, dammit! Even more worrisome is that projections show this wave peaking in late January, and that is providing that no new variants appear. Apparently restricting the movements of the unvaccinated and people in general is not being considered as is severe prosecution of scofflaws. 

Reactive at best. Maliciously incompetent at worst. 
Another Christmas in the trenches..

33 minutes ago, Tracker said:

Unvaccinated don't care about nobody but themselves, if people die so be it they want their freedom from a pin prick and a silly mask, until they catch Covid and flood the hospitals with a me first attitude

On 2021-12-12 at 11:34 AM, Noeller said:

Really glad to hear it! Praying JK opens up the floodgates on those soon. I was 6 months on Friday so I'm just waiting. Scary reports on Omicron vs Only 2 Doses, so I want my 3rd asap.... 

I'm hoping for you as well. We who live in Alberta have no idea what that moron is doing. I hope everyone can get a booster much sooner rather than later.

4 hours ago, bustamente said:

Unvaccinated don't care about nobody but themselves, if people die so be it they want their freedom from a pin prick and a silly mask, until they catch Covid and flood the hospitals with a me first attitude

If the unvaccinated (the ones that refuse to be vaccinated) get sick they should be triaged & sent home. Why should they get treatment & others don't & they die. It's time for this bullshit to stop.

The garbage that happened at a Cheesecake Factory in NYC just shows you how the unvaccinated think that they are better than everyone else, they feel entitled and think by filming it they will get compassion from others unfortunately for the ones who got arrested the video will be used against you.

23 minutes ago, bustamente said:

The garbage that happened at a Cheesecake Factory in NYC just shows you how the unvaccinated think that they are better than everyone else, they feel entitled and think by filming it they will get compassion from others unfortunately for the ones who got arrested the video will be used against you.

It's narcissism that motivates these covidiot shitstains to do the disgusting things they do. Textbook narcissism usually paired with willful ignorance and an overly inflated sense of entitlement. The lack of self-awareness only makes them even more insufferable, as they fervently believe they're fighting for some noble cause (i.e., freedom, rights). Last time I checked, going out for dinner isn't a right.

The most unfortunate part is this: as they go, so do the rest of us despite our best efforts and perseverance in getting through this pandemic. Rather than help put out the fire, they're throwing gas on it.

4 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

It's narcissism that motivates these covidiot shitstains to do the disgusting things they do. Textbook narcissism usually paired with willful ignorance and an overly inflated sense of entitlement. The lack of self-awareness only makes them even more insufferable, as they fervently believe they're fighting for some noble cause (i.e., freedom, rights). Last time I checked, going out for dinner isn't a right.

The most unfortunate part is this: as they go, so do the rest of us despite our best efforts and perseverance in getting through this pandemic. Rather than help put out the fire, they're throwing gas on it.

Imagine skipping past others in line, plunking yourself down and demanding service, refusing to leave. arguing with police about the law because now you are a lawyer and filming it all. These people are dirt, garbage self important A holes.

Edited by bustamente

6 hours ago, bustamente said:

Imagine skipping past others in line, plunking yourself down and demanding service, refusing to leave. arguing with police about the law because now you are a lawyer and filming it all. These people are dirt, garbage self important A holes.

I would also add seeing a lot of other similar really dumb things happening here and in Murica is when they make references to how they are doing their 'protest' like MLK.

Dumb. Really really dumb and dense.  

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

these ******* assholes.....

We're just plebians and they are the patricians, so..... different rules.

4 hours ago, iHeart said:

One projection I saw indicated that when the Omicron variant peaks, we could be up to as high as 1000 new cases per day in Manitoba. Thank God that its not as lethal as its predecessors.