Covid-19

JCon

Just now, blue_gold_84 said:

I really hope they expand this. The LC is great option because of the established network; however, you need to be 18+ to go in, you need to line-up and show ID, and it's Xmas time so, it's freakin' busy AF. 

If you have children with you, they can't go in. Easy enough for me but what about single parents? 

I wish the news media, you know journalists, would stop sugar coating things and do their damn job of finding out what’s really going on in whatever they are investigating no matter what side of the political spectrum they’re reporting on. Latest example Rachel Thomas Tory MP ‘touts false information about Covid-19 vaccines, wants unvaccinated to be respected, appreciated in the community’. No, Rachel Thomas is using a confirmed lie to push an agenda that has nothing to do with let’s be kind to one another regardless of vaccination status. Dig deeper journalists, find the true motive and start calling it what it is. Sheesh.

35 minutes ago, JCon said:

I really hope they expand this. The LC is great option because of the established network; however, you need to be 18+ to go in, you need to line-up and show ID, and it's Xmas time so, it's freakin' busy AF. 

If you have children with you, they can't go in. Easy enough for me but what about single parents? 

N95s will be the new toilet paper.

14 hours ago, Tracker said:

Apparently a free box of N95 masks with each purchase

There are reports that a lot of the KN95 masks that are being given away are expired. Why does this not surprise me?

For those of you that get free masks, check inside to see the production date. I believe there is information inside the box that says they expire a year from production date. I was fortunate to buy a box of N95's the day before news of Omicron broke.

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/free-kn95-masks-in-many-manitoba-liquor-stores-go-quickly-some-masks-expired/ar-AAS5E2J

12 minutes ago, WildPath said:

There are reports that a lot of the KN95 masks that are being given away are expired. Why does this not surprise me?

For those of you that get free masks, check inside to see the production date. I believe there is information inside the box that says they expire a year from production date. I was fortunate to buy a box of N95's the day before news of Omicron broke.

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/free-kn95-masks-in-many-manitoba-liquor-stores-go-quickly-some-masks-expired/ar-AAS5E2J

200.gif

25 minutes ago, WildPath said:

Media is already announcing...that there's nothing to worry about.

Well okay...other than maybe the rubber bands snapping.

🙂

9 minutes ago, JCon said:

It is completely stupid to take the chance.

But I know some people who had Covid in 2020 & got double - vaxxed in 2021

They had exposure to Covid again - did not get sick or test positive. 

15 minutes ago, Mark H. said:

Media is already announcing...that there's nothing to worry about.

Well okay...other than maybe the rubber bands snapping.

🙂

It is completely stupid to take the chance.

But I know some people who had Covid in 2020 & got double - vaxxed in 2021

They had exposure to Covid again - did not get sick or test positive. 

From what I've read on Omicron is that previous Covid infection does little to provide immunity. Pretty much everything I've read on Omicron strongly cautions that nothing is conclusive and further study is required though.

1 minute ago, WildPath said:

From what I've read on Omicron is that previous Covid infection does little to provide immunity. Pretty much everything I've read on Omicron strongly cautions that nothing is conclusive and further study is required though.

Yes. It's too early in the game with Omicron.  Best to take precautions and see what happens. 

45 minutes ago, WildPath said:

Yeah, there was a followup report that stated that the 1 year shelf life was a misprint and that the masks are in fact good for 3 years.

https://globalnews.ca/news/8470370/free-kn95-masks-distribute-in-many-manitoba-liquor-stores-go-quickly-some-masks-expired/

so just out of curiosity, what are you folks doing in terms of Christmas gatherings? Aare you cancelling everything altogether, and staying within your own household? Limited gatherings outside household? No change at all? 

Just curious how others are approaching Omicron and Christmas...