Covid-19

JCon

2 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

All those who knew you needed to install an app on the phone when going to USA raise your hands.

https://winnipeg.ctvnews.ca/returning-from-short-trips-into-the-u-s-without-arrivecan-app-lands-manitobans-14-day-quarantines-1.5691856

I don't but I certainly would look them up before I went. 

I'm  not sure we can do total shutdowns anymore. I suspect we are looking at years of this. I dont think our society can handle it economically or socially.  But, broadening of vaccine passport requirements ? Yes !  More enforcement ? Yes, especially in areas that we know aren't compliant.  And bring a big hammer when you do it. No tickets since October in Southern is ridiculous.

2 hours ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

A 3-year-old went for a flu shot. Instead, she mistakenly got an adult COVID-19 vaccine

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/brandon-girl-wrongly-vaccinated-covid-19-1.6271286

Must have been the same person who handed Alec Baldwin a gun.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/coronavirus/naci-strongly-recommends-covid-19-boosters-for-people-over-50-1.5692114

I want to say at least she's protected from COVID but the vaccine hasn't been approved for children under 5

Edited by iHeart

1 minute ago, rebusrankin said:

Its like they don't realize that there are 32 seats in Winnipeg and 25 in the rest of the province and that 32 is more than 25.

I'll tell you, this govt, like the one before it (and I'm sure all previous ones), struggle with the balance. Rural is wieghted really heavily in policy and spending decisions. NDP were the same, if you can believe it. 

9 minutes ago, JCon said:

I'll tell you, this govt, like the one before it (and I'm sure all previous ones), struggle with the balance. Rural is wieghted really heavily in policy and spending decisions. NDP were the same, if you can believe it. 

The NDP? How so? The last NDP government was a boon for infrastructure in Winnipeg. 

5 minutes ago, Mark H. said:

The NDP? How so? The last NDP government was a boon for infrastructure in Winnipeg. 

I'm talking about the decision making process and decisions and trade offs they made behind closed doors. Behind the scenes, it's a ongoing struggle to keep things balanced. 

2 minutes ago, JCon said:

I'm talking about the decision making process and decisions and trade offs they made behind closed doors. Behind the scenes, it's a ongoing struggle to keep things balanced. 

Ok, that is true. I know that when Peter Bjornson represented this riding, he always fought for it tooth and nail. 

3 minutes ago, bustamente said:

It's incredible and disturbing that their are people like this who don't give a flying fig about nobody, it's not people coming into you neighborhood it's you going into everyone else's dipshit

Imagine wanting to be like Florida.  Henry Wiebe is not a smart person. 

4 hours ago, bustamente said:

It's incredible and disturbing that their are people like this who don't give a flying fig about nobody, it's not people coming into you neighborhood it's you going into everyone else's dipshit

So ........I wonder if he thinks people from Winkler should stay out of the ICUs in the province. Because I don't think Boundry Trails has one. I know dozens of people ( including myself ) who no longer do business in Winkler. We use other towns and cities including Winnipeg. 

One of the things I have noticed in Winnipeg is things have pretty much returned to normal. You wear your mask,  distance when you can and flash your vax passport when asked.  No big deal. It's as close to normal as could be expected. 

8 hours ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

All those who knew you needed to install an app on the phone when going to USA raise your hands.

https://winnipeg.ctvnews.ca/returning-from-short-trips-into-the-u-s-without-arrivecan-app-lands-manitobans-14-day-quarantines-1.5691856

It’s been in the news and a requirement for at least 6 months. I have no sympathy for them. 

Well story time;

Went to Grand Forks today (yes we had the app) and it's gonna be a while before we do that again!

Had a couple packages to pick up in Pembina  and we figured go a bit further have some lunch, shop, make a day of it.

You'd never know we were still in a pandemic, 95% of people unmasked, most masked elderly.  People walking around without any care, dirty looks we got from people, lack of measures in place, zero distancing. I can't recall the last time I felt that uncomfortable and unsettled.