2020 CFL Draft

Noeller

nfl-draft-1964.jpgThis is what the NFL Draft will look like this year. Can't wait to see it. No more Roger Goodell hugging the players. No more Deion Sanders thinking HE is the reason the NFL has a draft. No more glitz. No more glitter. No more screaming crowds. It's gonna be great. Just football. The CFL Draft is just a bit above this picture now. Certainly no glitz & glitter. CFL never has crowds. No Commissioner hugging players but he is going to give out free scarves. 

2 hours ago, Noeller said:

the NFL is doing theirs...hopefully we'll be able to do ours....

give The Taiter a click, wouldya?

bluebombers.com/2020/03/17/preparing-drafts-unprecedented-times/

The Taiter makes mention of the fact that we don't have a first round pick or even a top 15'er because we lost our pick in the ZC deal.  Well worth it I say to win a cup. I don't regret that one bit.

There will be a lot of on line draft pic shopping....Players will have submitted a very elaborate profile to get noticed...Still not as good as an in depth interview... reducing person to person contact in these times might be wise...Don't know if the 'one on ones' have been curtailed in any way for sure but it might be prudent...Any way when we make our 52nd pic I guess there'll be plenty of times later on to do some chin wagging

Edited by Stickem

On 2020-03-17 at 4:28 PM, SpeedFlex27 said:

nfl-draft-1964.jpgThis is what the NFL Draft will look like this year. Can't wait to see it. No more Roger Goodell hugging the players. No more Deion Sanders thinking HE is the reason the NFL has a draft. No more glitz. No more glitter. No more screaming crowds. It's gonna be great. Just football. The CFL Draft is just a bit above this picture now. Certainly no glitz & glitter. CFL never has crowds. No Commissioner hugging players but he is going to give out free scarves. 

No ashtrays though. 

• 3 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, M.O.A.B. said:

https://www.cfl.ca/2020/04/01/mock-1-0-stamps-go-big-first-overall-pick/

Question on the territorial picks... Gallimore (19th) and Acheampong (20th)

Does that mean Winnipeg can't select them on their first pick (18th) ?

I'd be shocked if BC doesn't go OL with their first pick...  Hallet seems high - think he's available to the bombers, Williams I think is supposed to go top five

19 hours ago, M.O.A.B. said:

https://www.cfl.ca/2020/04/01/mock-1-0-stamps-go-big-first-overall-pick/

Question on the territorial picks... Gallimore (19th) and Acheampong (20th)

Does that mean Winnipeg can't select them on their first pick (18th) ?

You can pick whoever you want at 18, if you do pick one of the two mentioned, then it gives Ottawa or Toronto one less option for their territorial pick.  Gallimore will be a first or second round NFL pick, so it probably isn't a good idea to pick him high.

19 hours ago, Floyd said:

I'd be shocked if BC doesn't go OL with their first pick...  Hallet seems high - think he's available to the bombers, Williams I think is supposed to go top five

I don't know the Lions still have Steward, Chungh, Knevel, Boyko, Godber and Pierson.  They will probably go Dline in the first round and pick up Giffen in the second round.

• 2 weeks later...

anyone put much thought into the draft at all? Next Thursday night.... I'm stoked for it because it'll likely be all the CFL football we get this year. As always, I hardly know anything about the prospects (especially with no combine) but I'm sort of hoping we get Noah Hallett, just for the story of having both brothers in back to back years. 

On 2020-03-19 at 3:08 PM, Floyd said:

https://3downnation.com/2020/03/19/john-hodges-2020-cfl-mock-draft-1-0/

John Hodge mock draft - don't agree that we take an OL in 2nd round... especially if Noah Hallett is available

Walters will pick a special teamer for sure 

He's got us taking Nicholas Dheilly, Defensive Lineman.

Just over a year ago, the Winnipeg Blue Bombers collection of talent gurus pushed away from the table at the conclusion of the 2019 Canadian Football League Draft more than content with their handiwork.

https://www.bluebombers.com/2020/04/22/bombers-draft-part-3/

A good reminder on the Canadian talent on the team.

On 2020-04-10 at 12:34 PM, CrazyCanuck89 said:

I don't know the Lions still have Steward, Chungh, Knevel, Boyko, Godber and Pierson.  They will probably go Dline in the first round and pick up Giffen in the second round.

IMO, the Lions need to get their hands on the best OL in the draft.  Their line play did improve later in the 2019, but it was still well below par.  

14 hours ago, Mark H. said:

IMO, the Lions need to get their hands on the best OL in the draft.  Their line play did improve later in the 2019, but it was still well below par.  

I'm surprised they didn't try overpay for hometown boy Michael Couture like they did with Chungh.

Edit: Couture extended a day before FA opened. I'm an idiot.

Edited by Dr Zaius