2020 CFL Draft

Noeller

Is this what our conversation has degenerated to because of that damn covid and no football....then all I have to say is....... drop kick me Jesus through the goal posts of life.......Is there anything on the horizon resembling the CFL////???...I'm getting beyond frustrated

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

Last night I turned on the TV and watched  bit of sports net replaying the 89 and 93 Stanley cup finals. It was kind of reassuring to even hear the crowd noises again. Really missing the sports.

We ought to be moaning and cheering and agonizing our way through the NHL playoffs by now, but it is what it is.

Meet Bleska Kambamba, the Winnipeg Blue Bombers’ eighth-round pick in the 2020 Canadian Football League Draft. In fact, he is the CFL Draft’s ‘Mr. Irrelevant’, taken with the very last selection in the whole affair.

“It’s about putting your head down and working harder. I’m excited about what I’m going to with the Bombers. They seem to see talent and then give you an opportunity. That’s all you can ask for as a player.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2020-05-06 at 3:46 PM, SpeedFlex27 said:

Semantics, man. Not given a fair chance to play vs unfairly cut aren't much different as blame is being pointed at the Bomber organization. I don't know what your point is here. You're the one saying Simonise didn't get a fair chance & then you turn around & say you don't know what went on behind closed doors or at practice. So then, how can you make a statement that it was the Bombers who weren't fair to Simonise? They saw him everyday,  his commitment & work habits. Being released by two CFL teams in back to back years say it's a little more than that. 

the issue is you're the one talking about Simonise and have repeatedly compared him directly to Oleary-Orange. I have not once compared the two or called them similar, you're changing the topic. Whether Simonise was unfairly cut or not that does not have any impact on the current prospect.

Once again, would you prefer them draft small slow recievers? I'm happy they took a guy who played D1, was injured and has outstanding athleticism at pick number 37, just my opinion.

Edited by tursk

On ‎2020‎-‎05‎-‎16 at 2:12 PM, tursk said:

the issue is you're the one talking about Simonise and have repeatedly compared him directly to Oleary-Orange. I have not once compared the two or called them similar, you're changing the topic. Whether Simonise was unfairly cut or not that does not have any impact on the current prospect.

Once again, would you prefer them draft small slow recievers? I'm happy they took a guy who played D1, was injured and has outstanding athleticism at pick number 37, just my opinion.

I agree. Athleticism and ability are important. If he brings a good attitude he could be a sleeper pick.