2019-20 Grey Cup Champs Off-season discussion.

Just having something that means that much to me, to look forward to each week.....it's taken a huge emotional toll on me. Having hockey back is cool and all, but even if the Jets and Oilers were still alive, it doesn't mean as much to me as CFL does. Not even close. 

12 minutes ago, Zontar said:

So what's stopping provincial govts from giving loans.

probably the fact that provincial governments have no money since a common tactic for the Feds is downloading costs onto provinces. 

I mean maybe Alberta would throw in some cash if the Edmonton team called themselves the Oilers and the CFL started tweeting about how climate change is bullshit and oil and gas is just the best thing ever, but short of that....

11 minutes ago, Stickem said:

Said he luved it here....He could just as easily pop up back with us as anywhere in 2021, IF his plans down there don't work out

Yes, I agree, and if this season hadn’t been aborted, there was a good chance for this year too.

More on Hardrick:

I feel like complaining,” began Hardrick from his offseason home in Lincoln, Nebraska, “but then that wouldn’t help the situation and half of this is having a positive mindset.

“That news on Monday… Monday hurt, man. I thought Coach O’Shea put it in perfect words (in his address to the team via Zoom) when he said it was kind of like a death in the family, but it wasn’t.”

That’s the thing about any conversation with Hardrick – invariably you feel uplifted afterward. It’s what O’Shea mentioned the other day, both to the team and to the media later – now is the time more than ever to be a good teammate.

And that might just best describe Hardrick.

They key is staying positive. This happened. None of us planned for this, but it happened and we can’t change it now. Now we’ve got to attack it. Any time adversity comes, you’ve got to bring it. That’s my mindset.

“And if somebody needs help, we’re a band of brothers, man. Let’s make it happen.”

Marcus Sayles release - the Vikings drafted 3 corners and 2 safeties.
👁‍🗨 Still, I don’t think Sayles got a good chance.

https://www.bluebombers.com/2020/08/22/first-10-positive-mindset/

On 2020-08-13 at 3:24 PM, Blue_Dragoon said:

I'm really missing football. The lack of it is legitimately making my summer feel empty and just "blah".

I would pay good money to someone to allow me to openly mock Roughrider players/fans after any of the following events:

1. Throwing an interception
  2. Losing a fumble
  3. Dropping a pass
  4. Getting a divorce after sleeping with their own cousin
  5. Sleeping with farm animals
  6. Getting remarried to cousin noted in (4), after cousin realized you weren't related to farm animal in (5)
  7. Kickers hitting a field goal post
  8. Quarterbacks also hitting a field goal post
  9. "Sticking it" to your rival by retiring as a QB 2 weeks before season starts, only to have your roster spot taken by Streveler resulting in a Grey Cup win for your rival.
  10. That time their mascot was accused of sexual assault (https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saskatchewan/sexual-assault-advocates-gainer-reaction-1.5222683)
  11. All those years we had two teams named "Roughriders" in the CFL and they both sucked. In 1986 they both finished at the bottom of their division. Appropriate.
  12. Fun Fact to break things up -  Saskatchewan holds the CFL record for largest loss by shutout, and is also the runner up! (they lost 56-0 to Winnipeg on July 5, 1986, and lost to Edmonton 55-0 on August 24, 1959)
  13. Every "too many men" penalty they take, seriously it is funny every single time
Edited by Eternal optimist

3 hours ago, Noeller said:

Can't remember if I posted this or not, but I don't think I've ever watched an entire NFL game, front to back......but damn it if Strev isn't going to make me a AZ Cards fan yet....

I think I slept through an NFL game once by accident... fell asleep watching Antiques Roadshow... woke up to see the winning team winding down the last 2 minutes of the game.

Thats’s our guy...

Richie Hall was nearly brought to tears by a recent special delivery.

Winnipeg Blue Bombers head coach Mike O’Shea made the trip from Winnipeg to Regina to personally present Hall with his 2019 Grey Cup ring.

https://leaderpost.com/sports/football/cfl/saskatchewan-roughriders/richie-hall