2019-20 Grey Cup Champs Off-season discussion.

Watched the game rerun and it was interesting. When my heart wasn't in my throat, some realizations came to me .Firstly, Evans didn't play all that much worse than the Collaros/Streveler combination, but the Bomber receivers were a heckuva lot better. Two Canadians dominated the game-Harris and Demski, Kongbo didn't play all that much or was all that much a factor, so maybe he won't be missed too much. and the TiCats could run up the middle almost will during most of the game. It would have been better if TSN had televised the entire playoffs ending with the Cup game.

Edited by Tracker

1 hour ago, Tracker said:

Watched the game rerun and it was interesting. When my heart wasn't in my throat, some realizations came to me" firstly, Evans didn't play all that much worse than the Collaros/Streveler combination, but the Bomber receivers were a heckuva lot better. Two Canadians dominated the game-Harris and Demski, Kongbo didn't play all that much or was all that much a factor, so maybe he won't be missed too much. and the TiCats could run up the middle almost will during most of the game. It would have been better if TSN had televised the entire playoffs ending with the Cup game.

My biggest take away apart of relishing how it all came together for the Bombers in the playoffs was that Suitor is still an A hole.

17 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

Which Bomber do you think would be best in a Wayne and Shuster skit?

If you were recasting Miami Vice, which Bombers would you use?

Do any of the american Bomber players have a favourite Canadian TV show?

Here's the closest answer I can give you. In 2011 & 12 when my son played Junior College football in Northern California, he introduced his teammates to Trailer Park Boys.  He brought a bunch of DVDs down with him & 9 or 10 guys would crowd into his dorm room as he played the series for them & they absolutely loved it.  One time, they had a snowstorm as the campus was in the Sierra Mountains. One of the players had a car so my son brushed off all the snow & took some guys on the team for a little ride Canadian Style in an empty snowbound parking lot. He was doing doughnuts & sliding all over the place. He said these tough black dudes who were his teammates from the Hood in LA & Oakland were squealing like little piglets in the back as he roared around. They all thought they were all gonna die. Lol. 

Aaargh! Another reason to part ways with my money:

https://www.bluebombers.com/2020/06/01/bombers-unveil-107th-grey-cup-champions-licence-plates/

Edit: just realizing now I literally bought my Manitoba parks pass (with my current license plate number) yesterday. Double aaargh!

Edited by Super Duper Negatron

1 hour ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

Aaargh! Another reason to part ways with my money:

https://www.bluebombers.com/2020/06/01/bombers-unveil-107th-grey-cup-champions-licence-plates/

Edit: just realizing now I literally bought my Manitoba parks pass (with my current license plate number) yesterday. Double aaargh!

Why do they do these things to make me handover more money......

I honestly thought the plate was a joke when I first saw it a couple weeks ago. I mean, who didn't recognize that "B0000000" looks like "BOOOOO"?? Cripes. But hopefully it gets ignored for the most part...

1 minute ago, Noeller said:

I honestly thought the plate was a joke when I first saw it a couple weeks ago. I mean, who didn't recognize that "B0000000" looks like "BOOOOO"?? Cripes. But hopefully it gets ignored for the most part...

I ordered mine this morning and am genuinely hoping to get B00085... for at least two reasons.

55 minutes ago, Tracker said:

As imperfect as Winnipeg and Canada are, any black American player who is looking to raise a child in that poisoned miasma that it the current American culture has to be scared.

Winnipeg is a whole lot better (and the rest of the Canada the same).   If we didn't have crappy weather in winter it would be a much easier sell for players to move up here permanently. 

12 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

Notice in the Bomber store online for you out of province folks they now have For the W flags for each province and territory 

thank you, sir...... *edit* .......after checking them out. It just seems weird. I have the EastMan one because it's where I'm from, and I might get a Parkland/WestMan one to rep my time in those areas, but I dunno....seeing all the Alberta cities/towns with a big Bombers logo overlapping. Just seems super weird, because all of those places are diehard Stamps/Esks/Riders.....

Edited by Noeller

1 hour ago, Brandon said:

Winnipeg is a whole lot better (and the rest of the Canada the same).   If we didn't have crappy weather in winter it would be a much easier sell for players to move up here permanently. 

There is no perfect place to live- where its warm all year round, you have to put up with tornados, tsunamis, hurricanes, lethal insects and reptiles, predatory animals and political instability. Costa Rica comes pretty close, though. 

1 hour ago, Tracker said:

There is no perfect place to live- where its warm all year round, you have to put up with tornados, tsunamis, hurricanes, lethal insects and reptiles, predatory animals and political instability. Costa Rica comes pretty close, though. 

Well it's telling that some Bombers (I don't have a list) retired and ended up staying in Winnipeg.  It's a great place to raise a family and I'd assume much safer and probably cheaper then most places in the States.   Any of the current Bombers who helped win the cup will be treated like royalty for ever.