2019-20 Grey Cup Champs Off-season discussion.

1 minute ago, Tiny759 said:

Well that’s a whole different situation. If this is regards to Harris, hasn’t been proven one way or the other.

Yes, but the warning (and it's played out many times) is that what the bottle says and what's on the inside are often different. Even buying from reputable dealers does not always mean a consistent and accurate label of ingredients. 

1 minute ago, JCon said:

Yes, but the warning (and it's played out many times) is that what the bottle says and what's on the inside are often different. Even buying from reputable dealers does not always mean a consistent and accurate label of ingredients. 

Sure then that can lead to trouble on the supplements part. But players still have to take responsibility for what goes in their body. A buddy of mine on a university sport team was told by his coach to not take any supplements at all because of the small chance it’s banned.

Stat I didn't expect to find while researching a Collaros signing piece..

Despite being used in packages while Nichols was healthy and getting replaced by Collaros down the stretch, QB Chris Streveler took exactly 50% (595) of the #Bombers 2019 offensive snaps (1,188).

31 minutes ago, Tiny759 said:

Sure then that can lead to trouble on the supplements part. But players still have to take responsibility for what goes in their body. A buddy of mine on a university sport team was told by his coach to not take any supplements at all because of the small chance it’s banned.

Supplement companies regularly hide behind the "proprietary blend" labelling and don't have to disclose exactly what and how much of certain substances are in a product, as well the FDA is very lax on these companies with no regulations pretty much at all, unless something comes out in news/public/studies to be harmful, then they look into it...so you can never be to certain

Also the list of "approved" supplements has it's designation where companies have paid to have it attached to their product, so they too can add things from time to time to "up" their products rep in the sports industry to boost sales...so to know exactly what you are putting in your body would effectively mean eat whole foods and avoid anything man made...and that will never happen...ever

22 hours ago, Booch said:

Supplement companies regularly hide behind the "proprietary blend" labelling and don't have to disclose exactly what and how much of certain substances are in a product, as well the FDA is very lax on these companies with no regulations pretty much at all, unless something comes out in news/public/studies to be harmful, then they look into it...so you can never be to certain

Also the list of "approved" supplements has it's designation where companies have paid to have it attached to their product, so they too can add things from time to time to "up" their products rep in the sports industry to boost sales...so to know exactly what you are putting in your body would effectively mean eat whole foods and avoid anything man made...and that will never happen...ever

My understanding is that the FDA has been forced to work under a different set of rules for supplements. IE drugs and food additives are obligated to show some reasonable research to show safety (not always accurate but at least something) but in the case of supplements the FDA is obligated to show product is not safe. Putting the burden of proof on the regulator and holding the budget of the regulator down to prevent the testing means profits for some people. Pretty much someone has to die before the FDA can act on supplements. Similarly certain not to be named MLM's continue to operate because of financial regulatory capture and being politically connected. So buyer beware. I am also afraid for my football heros when it comes to pain killers. 

No more debbie downer post for me for a while. I am still enjoying end of the drought. I smile every time I see the grey Cup championship t shirt my future son in law gave me. 

55 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

Not enough can be said about the Bombers providing Manitobans with the opportunity to share in the Grey Cup experience. For example, John Rush and Thomas Miles visiting the Children’s Rehab along with Boomer the mascot.

Terrific experience for all I’m sure. Well done!

Napa Auto Parts sponsoring the "Grey Cup Tour Of Manitoba" was huge....I'm counting down the days until I'm back home for a week at the end of March, and hoping that there'll be some random opportunity to get a pic with it that week. Have multiple pics with the cup over the years, but need one where I'm actually allowed to touch it now.... #CurseBroken

On 2020-01-31 at 7:32 AM, Noeller said:

Napa Auto Parts sponsoring the "Grey Cup Tour Of Manitoba" was huge....I'm counting down the days until I'm back home for a week at the end of March, and hoping that there'll be some random opportunity to get a pic with it that week. Have multiple pics with the cup over the years, but need one where I'm actually allowed to touch it now.... #CurseBroken

Was in Steinbach on Monday but was sick and could not attend the special event they put on for season ticket holders. Was little disappointed I could not hopefully will be able to catch it somewhere else in the future.

13 minutes ago, M.O.A.B. said:

Aside from the 2 American OLs, Feoli-Gudino and DB Lyles

we also sign K Matt Riley (UofM) https://gobisons.ca/sports/football/roster/matt-riley/3589

and restructure Chad Remple's contract

... per CFL.ca transactions page 

Big raise for being their Most Outstanding Canadian nominee.

Edited by Throw Long Bannatyne

1 hour ago, Mr Dee said:

He will ride the PR and not worrying other teams might scoop him. 

Our OL are already set, barring injury - Bryant, Desjarlais, Speller, Neufeld, Hardrick the starters, Eli will be the 6th OL. Gray will be on the reserve or hidden on the IR. 

14 hours ago, M.O.A.B. said:

He will ride the PR and not worrying other teams might scoop him. 

Our OL are already set, barring injury - Bryant, Desjarlais, Speller, Neufeld, Hardrick the starters, Eli will be the 6th OL. Gray will be on the reserve or hidden on the IR. 

Would like Couture back but looks like he won't be. 

3 minutes ago, WBBFanWest said:

Ummm, being that BC is in Canada, what sort of medical bills would dad have that would need that level of money?

I think in this particular situation he is pursuing an experimental treatment (not covered in Canada) that has been working, and incurring all the costs that go along with that.