The Canadian Mafia

White Out

Miller, Walters, O'Shea.

So I have to say that from our 5-0 start to now I'm sure our thoughts and feelings towards them are quite different. It looked like we would be a shoe-in to host the West final, with Calgary appearing to be on the downslide, and our team playing so well in all 3 phases of the game. Now we go into the final 4 of the season needing to win 3 for sure to host the west final.It's not a terrible position but we should have been cruising.. the losses to MTL and TO on the road are inexcusable. The LDC loss... that happens. It sucks, and you think with our D we should have been able to hold things. But I don't consider that loss ridiculous or a something to question the staff and their jobs over.

I'm willing to see how the playoffs go before I make a final judgement call, but I think that this is it for the "Canadian Mafia".Time to **** or get off the post. A West Final loss at home, or, a road semi final loss is the same to me. A Grey Cup loss... sorry thanks for coming, not enough. It's Grey Cup or bust for these guys, and I don't necessarily mean all 3. But someone has to fall on their sword. it wont be good enough to get rid of our coordinators and clap our hands together saying "problem solved". Osh should have addresses Hall and his bullshit years ago. He is the biggest bozo I've seen in the business, how this guy and our goaltending coach for the Jets survive is incredible. It's like communist countries with idiot uncles in charge of a factory.

My expectations going into the year were high. After 5-0 they were sky high. The Bombers, as usual, have crushed them and made me feel bad as a fan. But what can I do? I love this terrible, yet once proud organization.

I'm not sure what my point here is.

4 minutes ago, White Out said:

Miller, Walters, O'Shea.

So I have to say that from our 5-0 start to now I'm sure our thoughts and feelings towards them are quite different.

Nope....still doing a great job. We're on a 2 game slide, sure, but I know that Walters and Miller are doing a great job, and I'm pretty sure MOS is, too....

5 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Nope....still doing a great job. We're on a 2 game slide, sure, but I know that Walters and Miller are doing a great job, and I'm pretty sure MOS is, too....

My only beef is the annual 'wtf' veteran/marginal player on the field...  how do we have a Macho, Hurl, Hecht every season - is that on MOS or is it on the salary cap/structure

16 minutes ago, White Out said:

Miller, Walters, O'Shea.

So I have to say that from our 5-0 start to now I'm sure our thoughts and feelings towards them are quite different. It looked like we would be a shoe-in to host the West final, with Calgary appearing to be on the downslide, and our team playing so well in all 3 phases of the game. Now we go into the final 4 of the season needing to win 3 for sure to host the west final.It's not a terrible position but we should have been cruising.. the losses to MTL and TO on the road are inexcusable. The LDC loss... that happens. It sucks, and you think with our D we should have been able to hold things. But I don't consider that loss ridiculous or a something to question the staff and their jobs over.

I'm willing to see how the playoffs go before I make a final judgement call, but I think that this is it for the "Canadian Mafia".Time to **** or get off the post. A West Final loss at home, or, a road semi final loss is the same to me. A Grey Cup loss... sorry thanks for coming, not enough. It's Grey Cup or bust for these guys, and I don't necessarily mean all 3. But someone has to fall on their sword. it wont be good enough to get rid of our coordinators and clap our hands together saying "problem solved". Osh should have addresses Hall and his bullshit years ago. He is the biggest bozo I've seen in the business, how this guy and our goaltending coach for the Jets survive is incredible. It's like communist countries with idiot uncles in charge of a factory.

My expectations going into the year were high. After 5-0 they were sky high. The Bombers, as usual, have crushed them and made me feel bad as a fan. But what can I do? I love this terrible, yet once proud organization.

I'm not sure what my point here is.

This was written by someone who hasn't been paying any attention to the bombers or how this group operates right?

Edited by Bigblue204

10 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Welllllll! I would not say great - maybe good maybe sort of average. No problems with Walters or even Miller - MOS not sure about as his DC and OC are his responsibility etc. I do believe the talent is there - just not being utilized correctly

Edited by BBRT
spelling

2 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

This was written by someone who hasn't been paying any attention to the bombers or how this group operates right?

If the Bombers don't win a championship this year, you can't tell me that MOS is an automatic re-hire. But yes, I am clearly not paying attention to anything.

5 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

The usual suspects are off the bandwagon at the first sign of adversity, as per usual. The only problem with this team is the coordinators. If they don't do something about that in the offseason we can talk, but until then I trust Miller Walters and O'Shea. 

Who chooses the coordinators? Also, **** you a little bit. I could really do without the "bandwagon" and "adversity" comments. How many Bomber games did you travel to this year outside your home city? 

What is even your point actually? I have to have blind optimism or I'm not on the bandwagon? Who the hell died and made you the head cheerleader? I've followed this team for 38 years of my 38 years of life, right to Alberta. Don't like my opinion? Put me on ignore.

Edited by White Out

12 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

he's a 100% a re hire. They will chop the coordinators well before MOS gets looked at.

Yeah, that's a high probability but:

1) MOS may go down with the ship and refuse to fire his DC/OC or both

2) Maybe want a fresh start in Toronto

3) Again, WHO hired these coordinators and goes to the bat for them? Osh. 

42 minutes ago, Floyd said:

My only beef is the annual 'wtf' veteran/marginal player on the field...  how do we have a Macho, Hurl, Hecht every season - is that on MOS or is it on the salary cap/structure

Which vet are you referring to this year? If it was Matthews you would have been hard pressed to find anyone at the time who though that was a bad decision. And instead of keeping him around they let him go unlike the early years.

I think both the OC and the DC need to be let go in the off-season. MOS gets at least another year but potentially going into year 7 with only one playoff win means its legit to question how much rope he gets. I have no issues with Walters. I think Miller has done a good job overall but that he has his hands full going forward trying to rebuild the ST base and on working on ticket sales in general as there are issues with both.

2 hours ago, White Out said:

Who chooses the coordinators? Also, **** you a little bit. I could really do without the "bandwagon" and "adversity" comments. How many Bomber games did you travel to this year outside your home city? 

What is even your point actually? I have to have blind optimism or I'm not on the bandwagon? Who the hell died and made you the head cheerleader? I've followed this team for 38 years of my 38 years of life, right to Alberta. Don't like my opinion? Put me on ignore.

Or I  could keep hitting that nerve. 

2 hours ago, do or die said:

Too many nice guys for Mafia status....

You got that right. Best besties forever. Jobs for life. I'm willing to give O'Shea the benefit of the doubt if we bomb in the playoffs again. However, if that happens & there are no changes in the coaching staff... like real meaningful changes to our 2 O & D coordinators then my feelings for O'Shea will become quite negative. Yearly failure can't be allowed to continue without accountability. 

3 hours ago, 17to85 said:

The usual suspects are off the bandwagon at the first sign of adversity, as per usual. The only problem with this team is the coordinators. If they don't do something about that in the offseason we can talk, but until then I trust Miller Walters and O'Shea. 

Miller and Walters have earned a stay of execution, but O"Shea is still exhibiting the same problematic behaviours and poor judgement that he has soon after he got here. O'Shea is responsible for hiring, supervising and keeping the underperforming assistants.

3 hours ago, Bomber_fanaddict said:

Which vet are you referring to this year? If it was Matthews you would have been hard pressed to find anyone at the time who though that was a bad decision. And instead of keeping him around they let him go unlike the early years.

Considering I did list Hecht in my original post...  he would be the vet.

All the other moves they've made including Matthews are fine with me - there's just always one player on the starting roster where you go - this guy is going to cost us games... and he eventually does - its weird.

32 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Considering I did list Hecht in my original post...  he would be the vet.

All the other moves they've made including Matthews are fine with me - there's just always one player on the starting roster where you go - this guy is going to cost us games... and he eventually does - its weird.

I think it's a cap space thing for the most part, though personally I'd much rather see them bring in a green rookie at safety than play Hecht. With Hecht, you know what you're getting (usually subpar performances), but if they did some scouting with a new guy, there's the upside of them meshing well, and paying them less as a rookie (helps with the cap).

Of course, with fresh recruits, the risk there is you end up hanging onto a guy like Roc Carmichael for too long hoping he'll develop.