The Canadian Mafia

White Out

1 hour ago, JCon said:

Do you know that entire scene was contrived by Disney and lemmings don't actually commit mass suicide by flinging themselves off cliffs...and that species of lemming doesn't migrate? Nor are they native to Alberta where the scene was filmed.

Disney brought the lemmings to the site and placed them on a rotating platform and flung them off the cliff themselves.

They conspired to deceive their viewers for profit.

Edited by Deiter Fan

1 hour ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

You're the one that needs to relax as you jumped on me immediately like what I said was blasphemy. Right away you asked, Who would I replace MOS with? Like I have a magic answer. I don't know who is out there to replace anyone but status quo just can't be maintained with year after year of failure. It's not my job to find the next HC. That would be up to Walters. But we shouldn't keep coaches just by default. If they don't win after 6 seasons then it's time to move on.  All of our people in the front office from Wade Miller down to Kyle Walters, scouts , Mike O'Shea & his  coaches should be feeling the heat that if there is another year of failure as  jobs may be on the line. I don't get a sense this is the case at all. 

That's not even remotely close to what happened. You were the one who chose to respond to a post I made - and now you're apparently up in arms because I expanded on my initial commentary you misinterpreted. From what I can tell, you feel this regime should be shown the door if they go another year without winning a Grey Cup, so it wasn't some egregious thing to ask who you feel would be a good replacement. That's a valid question to ask because that likely means a retooling, if not a rebuild. I agree that the status quo isn't acceptable, particularly with regard to the 1-4 playoff record. However, the regular season record the last four years has been very good (42-25). But I also don't think it's simply a matter of canning everyone if the drought continues. It's not necessarily a black and white issue, which means there's probably merit to discussing the pros and cons of either side (retention or firing). I'll make my views clear on this, though: I'd like to see changes to the OC and the DC looking ahead to 2020 no matter what happens. Hall should've been shown the door after that 2016 playoff loss to the Lions, IMO.

The histrionics are a bit much, BTW. Nobody said it was your job, nor did it have anything to do with a "magic answer"... It was simply a way to get a conversation going regarding the future of the WFC, as you seem to be over this regime based on the comments you've made here. There's certainly no reason to get worked up about it, though.

Anyway, sorry for upsetting you. That wasn't my intention.

2 hours ago, blue_gold_84 said:

That's not even remotely close to what happened. You were the one who chose to respond to a post I made - and now you're apparently up in arms because I expanded on my initial commentary you misinterpreted. From what I can tell, you feel this regime should be shown the door if they go another year without winning a Grey Cup, so it wasn't some egregious thing to ask who you feel would be a good replacement. That's a valid question to ask because that likely means a retooling, if not a rebuild. I agree that the status quo isn't acceptable, particularly with regard to the 1-4 playoff record. However, the regular season record the last four years has been very good (42-25). But I also don't think it's simply a matter of canning everyone if the drought continues. It's not necessarily a black and white issue, which means there's probably merit to discussing the pros and cons of either side (retention or firing). I'll make my views clear on this, though: I'd like to see changes to the OC and the DC looking ahead to 2020 no matter what happens. Hall should've been shown the door after that 2016 playoff loss to the Lions, IMO.

The histrionics are a bit much, BTW. Nobody said it was your job, nor did it have anything to do with a "magic answer"... It was simply a way to get a conversation going regarding the future of the WFC, as you seem to be over this regime based on the comments you've made here. There's certainly no reason to get worked up about it, though.

Anyway, sorry for upsetting you. That wasn't my intention.

Alright, let's do a clean slate...