Did You Know..

Mr Dee

7 hours ago, TBURGESS said:

I say it before the game and you accuse me of 20-20 hindsight? Na... that's 20-20 foresight.

Nope. You said my positive take didnt age well. Thats easy to say after the game. 20-20 hindsight. You may as well have said, told ya so. What are you, 12?

It was a 4 point loss so you can gloat all you want. They damn near went into hostile territory against the best QB in the league and won. Had they done do you would have been eerily quiet or full of ridiculous excuses. Hard to believe you're a fan. 

6 minutes ago, J5V said:

Nope. You said my positive take didnt age well. Thats easy to say after the game. 20-20 hindsight. You may as well have said, told ya so. What are you, 12?

It was a 4 point loss so you can gloat all you want. They damn near went into hostile territory against the best QB in the league and won. Had they done do you would have been eerily quiet or full of ridiculous excuses. Hard to believe you're a fan. 

Call it positive spin all you want. Youre 'Unrealistic take' turned out to be wrong. I wish I could say I was surprised that you think positivity for positivity's sake is what a fan is, but sadly, I'm not.

Justin Medlock has made 58 consecutive field goals from inside the 40 yard line.

Based on my research, it appears as though Paul McCallum holds the CFL record with 59 consecutive field goals inside the 40 yard line (2010-2012).

Others on the list include Sean Whyte 57 (2015-2018), Justin Medlock 50 (2015-2017) & Lewis Ward 49 (2018-2019)

I have submitted this to Steve Daniel of the CFL for consideration.

D.Y.K....⁉️

Winnipeg can finish the year with an 8-1 home record - that would the club record for home victories with 8

The Bombers 151.4 rushing yards per game is #1 in the CFL and the most by a Winnipeg team since 1976 (153.6 per game)

Their 65.4 rushing yds per game allowed is #1 too ... & in CFL history is #2 all-time after the 54.5 yards allowed by CGY in 1995

All three of the Blue Bombers' Turnovers last week came in the 2nd half (2 FGs, 1 Punt & 3 T/Os on their 6 drives)

Zach Collaros is 3-4 vs Calgary 🙂

10 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

D.Y.K....⁉️

Winnipeg can finish the year with an 8-1 home record - that would the club record for home victories with 8

The Bombers 151.4 rushing yards per game is #1 in the CFL and the most by a Winnipeg team since 1976 (153.6 per game)

Their 65.4 rushing yds per game allowed is #1 too ... & in CFL history is #2 all-time after the 54.5 yards allowed by CGY in 1995

All three of the Blue Bombers' Turnovers last week came in the 2nd half (2 FGs, 1 Punt & 3 T/Os on their 6 drives)

Zach Collaros is 3-4 vs Calgary 🙂

Finished 3 and didn't finish 4? 

D.Y.K.

Even with the bye, Winnipeg will finish 2nd in points scored. And that’s with our sometime passive offence.

On defence, in points allowed, we can finish anywhere from 2nd to 5th. Likely 4th.

We should discuss how many fans switched from no Zach “because he’ll be out first hit”, (boy we’re they wrong)

to how do we get to keep him?

46 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

D.Y.K.

Even with the bye, Winnipeg will finish 2nd in points scored. And that’s with our sometime passive offence.

On defence, in points allowed, we can finish anywhere from 2nd to 5th. Likely 4th.

We should discuss how many fans switched from no Zach “because he’ll be out first hit”, (boy we’re they wrong)

I will admit I was an original " no Zak " when I first heard the news...... then I calmed down,  then Zak did okay on such short notice.   Plus at this point in the season what else can management do.... all the players are pros,  so go play like a pro and win a cup.

38 minutes ago, bb1 said:

I really do not see us resigning Zach (unless we win it all) still too many question marks health wise for us to start him long term, maybe as a backup?

And give up a first rounder? I don't think they'll do that. 

We can only have two QBs on the roster. 

2 hours ago, Mr Dee said:

D.Y.K.

I'm definitely in that category. I'm still worried that he won't last - one for the Bombers and two, most importantly, for his longterm health. 

But, he's here and, since we broke our last two QBs, we don't have much of a choice. I'm all-in right now on Zach "Game Manager 2.0" Collaros until our season is over. 

Right now, he's our only hope. 

hlzrxycv2p011.jpg

14 minutes ago, JCon said:

And give up a first rounder? I don't think they'll do that. 

We can only have two QBs on the roster. 

I'm definitely in that category. I'm still worried that he won't last - one for the Bombers and two, most importantly, for his longterm health. 

But, he's here and, since we broke our last two QBs, we don't have much of a choice. I'm all-in right now on Zach "Game Manager 2.0" Collaros until our season is over. 

Right now, he's our only hope. 

hlzrxycv2p011.jpg

That 2 Qb idea i just do not see that playing out, i get it wanting to save money but with all the Qbs going down this year its really a dumb time to roll the dice...next year some unlucky team loses 2 qb in a game what then? Not to mention the league needs to groom more young Qbs not less...

definitely wasn't on the Zach train when he arrived here and I cringed every time a stamp came within a foot of him ... but have to take my hat off to him.  Lapo seemed to be calling good plays for him too, he looked pretty comfortable out there and we didn't have the usual long doldrums that the Lapo offence features even at its best.

I thought we were dog food against Calgary last weekend, didn't even watch the game live, just as a formality on Sunday night before bed.

Really really really hope the guy doesn't get hurt any more.  He's gonna have a bullseye on him in the playoffs.

10 minutes ago, johnzo said:

definitely wasn't on the Zach train when he arrived here and I cringed every time a stamp came within a foot of him ... but have to take my hat off to him.  Lapo seemed to be calling good plays for him too, he looked pretty comfortable out there and we didn't have the usual long doldrums that the Lapo offence features even at its best.

I thought we were dog food against Calgary last weekend, didn't even watch the game live, just as a formality on Sunday night before bed.

Really really really hope the guy doesn't get hurt any more.  He's gonna have a bullseye on him in the playoffs.

Not only is Lapo calling good plays for him- Zach on that INSANE TD actually had a hand in tweeking that play a little during the week... I will see if I can find the clip:

D.Y.K.

- Montreal's defence does NOT have a TD this year - the first time in almost 50 years. The last time they had no Def. TDs was in 1970.
- Montreal's 20 Rushing TDs however are their most since they had 22 in 2005.
- Montreal has alternated winning and losing across their last 8 games. No 2-game streaks of either kind.

- Will Arndt has started the last 3 games and gotten better as each week progresses. He has not thrown an INT in his last 62 attempts.
- With Vernon Adams Jr. starting at QB Montreal is 9-5 in 2019, without him they are 0-3
- Montreal has trailed heading in to the 4th Quarter 8 times in 2018 and come back to win 5 of those games.
- Across the last 8 games, Ottawa has only 6 TD drives in a total of 142 possessions (4%) and just one in their last 33 drives.