Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Mr Dee

Did You Know..

Recommended Posts

The team record that Chris Streveler 'broke' dates back to 1956. John 'Buddy' Leake gained 633 yards rushing that year. Buddy Leake was a starting HB for all 16 games in 1956 and also served as the backup QB to Eagle Day.

Next on the list is Kenny Ploen who had 541 yards rushing in 1960. When not playing QB, Ploen shifted to safety.

Others on the list include: Matt Dunigan 517 yards (1993), Eagle Day 477 yards (1956) & Steven Jyles 452 yards (2010).

* Leo Lewis did play some QB in 1959 and served as the backup QB for the playoffs & GC. He had 730 yards rushing in 1959.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mr Dee said:

D.Y.K.

Winnipeg’s current run of four straight playoff appearances is the league’s second-best total.
Bet nobody would have guessed that.

Behind only the Stamps who clinched their 15th consecutive playoff appearance in Week 15. - Ed Tait

FIRE EVERYONE!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Nickthesizz said:

Yeah because making the playoffs is the goal. 🙄

Gotta make the playoffs to have a chance to win the Grey Cup. 

How many Championships does Calgary have in those 15 years they've made the playoffs? I see 3... so one every 5 years on average. We got time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Calgary has 12 home playoff games in the past 14 seasons. They likely have another this year too.

We've had 1 home playoff game in 5 seasons. We likely don't get another one this year.

Calgary won 12 playoff games in the last 14 seasons, including 3 Grey Cups.

We've won 1 playoff game in 5 seasons and no Grey Cups.

We aren't Calgary.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

Calgary has 12 home playoff games in the past 14 seasons. They likely have another this year too.

We've had 1 home playoff game in 5 seasons. We likely don't get another one this year.

Calgary won 12 playoff games in the last 14 seasons, including 3 Grey Cups.

We've won 1 playoff game in 5 seasons and no Grey Cups.

We aren't Calgary.

No we are not, and yet a mighty team like Calgary can only average one cup every 5 years... So why are we so antsy after 4 years? We don't even have the luxury of one of the top QBs in the league so that demands more patience still! 

I mean if we had a guy like Bo Levi Mitchell and had all the problems we got something to talk about, but given we are winning double digits every season, making the playoffs with a combination of Nichols and Streveler at qb... when the best qbs in the league all reside in this conference (Mitchell, Reilly and Harris) some of you expect too much. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

No we are not, and yet a mighty team like Calgary can only average one cup every 5 years... So why are we so antsy after 4 years? We don't even have the luxury of one of the top QBs in the league so that demands more patience still! 

I mean if we had a guy like Bo Levi Mitchell and had all the problems we got something to talk about, but given we are winning double digits every season, making the playoffs with a combination of Nichols and Streveler at qb... when the best qbs in the league all reside in this conference (Mitchell, Reilly and Harris) some of you expect too much. 

Patience my ass. We're antsy after 6 years, not 4 years. We not only don't have a cup, we only have 1 playoff win and 1 home playoff game so far. One and done in the playoffs this year should mean changes and no, I don't mean just PLAP.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

Patience my ass. We're antsy after 6 years, not 4 years. We not only don't have a cup, we only have 1 playoff win and 1 home playoff game so far. One and done in the playoffs this year should mean changes and no, I don't mean just PLAP.

 

yeah but you and your ilk would fire people at the drop of a hat. 

I use 4 years because those first 2 years were rebuilding a sorry assed franchise with nothing in the cupboard. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

yeah but you and your ilk would fire people at the drop of a hat. 

I use 4 years because those first 2 years were rebuilding a sorry assed franchise with nothing in the cupboard. 

I understand your excuse. You've used it hundreds of times before.

6 years isn't 'drop of a hat', neither is 4 years for that matter.

Just making the playoffs doesn't really do much good. When was the last time a 3rd place western team even made it to the Grey Cup, let alone won it? 2nd place teams have a better chance and 1st place teams have the best chance. That's what we need to be doing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, if you look at the facts, the Bombers had the best chance to finish first in the Western Division, even after those broken games where we held the lead. All they had to do was defeat a team they had played well against earlier in the year. That’s Saskatchewan. 
It seems they saved their worst game plan for that game.

We were a first place team and there’s nothing to say we can’t finish first at the end of the year.

But nobody’s saying it’s going to be easy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

So, if you look at the facts, the Bombers had the best chance to finish first in the Western Division, even after those broken games where we held the lead. All they had to do was defeat a team they had played well against earlier in the year. That’s Saskatchewan. 
It seems they saved their worst game plan for that game.

We were a first place team and there’s nothing to say we can’t finish first at the end of the year.

But nobody’s saying it’s going to be easy.

Had is the operative word in your first sentence.

Were is the operative word in you second paragraph.

The fact is we are currently in 3rd and we need to win our last 2 games to get a home playoff game. Possible? Sure. Probable? I don't think so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, TBURGESS said:

Calgary has 12 home playoff games in the past 14 seasons. They likely have another this year too.

We've had 1 home playoff game in 5 seasons. We likely don't get another one this year.

Calgary won 12 playoff games in the last 14 seasons, including 3 Grey Cups.

We've won 1 playoff game in 5 seasons and no Grey Cups.

We aren't Calgary.

I’m gonna day it.

 

youre a flipping negative Nancy. Maybe you need to get out more... and have fun... instead of yelling at a tv and an Internet forum 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Stickem said:

Chances are great but if you don't capitalize on any of them, the chances are eventually going to run out ,and it's awful painful looking at an empty Grey Cup trophy shelf

This comment makes me think of the Minnesota Vikings and the Buffalo Bills. All those Super Bowl appearances and never a Super Bowl win. Are they thought of as winners for getting to all those Super Bowls? Nope. They're thought of as, or perceived to be, losers. Is that fair? Maybe not, but that's the way it is. All that matters is winning championships.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Gotta make the playoffs to have a chance to win the Grey Cup. 

How many Championships does Calgary have in those 15 years they've made the playoffs? I see 3... so one every 5 years on average. We got time. 

How many Championships does Winnipeg have in those 15 years? I see 0.

Whatever it takes, we have to win one, and we have to win it NOW!

That was the goal 6 years ago when O'Shea came here, and so far, zip, zero, nada, none, nothing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, TBURGESS said:

We aren't Calgary.

Calgary has had better coaches and better players. You can't deny that we've closed the gap.

We want it as badly as they do. Maybe moreso.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, TBURGESS said:

Patience my ass. We're antsy after 6 years, not 4 years. We not only don't have a cup, we only have 1 playoff win and 1 home playoff game so far. One and done in the playoffs this year should mean changes and no, I don't mean just PLAP.

A smart player knows when to throw in his cards for new ones in the hopes of being dealt a couple of aces. A smart player knows if there are any aces left in the deck. So are there? Or are you just blindly throwing away your kings for deuces?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, TBURGESS said:

I understand your excuse. You've used it hundreds of times before.

6 years isn't 'drop of a hat', neither is 4 years for that matter.

Just making the playoffs doesn't really do much good. When was the last time a 3rd place western team even made it to the Grey Cup, let alone won it? 2nd place teams have a better chance and 1st place teams have the best chance. That's what we need to be doing.

You think we're not trying? You can only play the cards you were dealt. How many head coaches do you see out there that are obvious upgrades to the one we have now? I don't see any. If you do please share.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Mr Dee said:

So, if you look at the facts, the Bombers had the best chance to finish first in the Western Division, even after those broken games where we held the lead. All they had to do was defeat a team they had played well against earlier in the year. That’s Saskatchewan
It seems they saved their worst game plan for that game.

We were a first place team and there’s nothing to say we can’t finish first at the end of the year.

But nobody’s saying it’s going to be easy.

As much as I hate to admit it the Riders have played their cards much better than we have so far this season. After Jones left I expected their team to be a complete mess but with some luck and a QB and a head coach they have managed to outplay us so far this year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, TBURGESS said:

Had is the operative word in your first sentence.

Were is the operative word in you second paragraph.

The fact is we are currently in 3rd and we need to win our last 2 games to get a home playoff game. Possible? Sure. Probable? I don't think so.

Why not? We've already beaten this team and there is no reason to think we can't beat them again. We're playing better on D, our QB is improving, we are motivated, and we are relatively healthy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...