Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Mr Dee

Did You Know..

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, gcn11 said:

I have said it before, and I will say it again, our team game and strategy is tailor made for winning in cold weather. We run the rock like no one else, and defend the run better than anyone. When that thermometer goes down that's the two things you need to do the best. We could not win another game this year and I would still like our chances in the playoffs providing it is cold.

The challenges with that strategy is we have recently witnessed what happens when opposing defences know we are going to run the ball. Cold weather or not you still have to make opposing defences respect the threat of a pass and a deep passing threat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, NorthernSkunk said:

For me it is  a team record.   My thoughts remain the same..... I do not feel we could win a grey cup with Matt at QB.  For me he just wasn't the type of QB who could get mad enough in a game to go out and create a score no matter what.

 Your hate of Nichols was & still is so obvious. When the Bombers lost it was always 100% on Nichols. Only when they won it was a team game as he did nothing so quit lying & spinning everything to fit your narrative.  You correcting Tracker is such a joke. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DR. CFL said:

The challenges with that strategy is we have recently witnessed what happens when opposing defences know we are going to run the ball. Cold weather or not you still have to make opposing defences respect the threat of a pass and a deep passing threat.

Also, if the field is frozen  & footing treacherous there goes the run game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Booch said:

but moreso the pass game too..

At least on a frozen field the receiver knows where he is going & has the advantage which can create separation. If the qb can get the ball to him then it could mean some huge gains.  If the OL can't fire off then the LOS becomes a wall for the run game. So, advantages & disadvantages. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dline tho is at a severe disadvantage tho in frozen run game...as the oline fires first and has the edge..kind of a pick your poison scenario.

Cold weather throwing and catching is more difficult then a straight hand off..and as well the rb and blockers know where they are headed...but I get and agree on your point on the route running for a receiver...but you still gotta get it there...and make catch with frozen ball...and cold paws

Our reliance on the short game, and run game both tend to be effective in cold weather so either way...I like our odds

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Booch said:

Dline tho is at a severe disadvantage tho in frozen run game...as the oline fires first and has the edge..kind of a pick your poison scenario.

Cold weather throwing and catching is more difficult then a straight hand off..and as well the rb and blockers know where they are headed...but I get and agree on your point on the route running for a receiver...but you still gotta get it there...and make catch with frozen ball...and cold paws

Our reliance on the short game, and run game both tend to be effective in cold weather so either way...I like our odds

Yeah, it's a crap shoot in cold, snowy weather.  Six of one & half a dozen of the other.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Yeah, it's a crap shoot in cold, snowy weather.  Six of one & half a dozen of the other.  

but 6 of the run I think leads to more success than 6 of the pass....just get to the dance...and well..dance...if we gotta do it in 1 game at home..or 1 at home 1 on road..or both on road...you still gotta just do it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

I am worried about the Bombers but check back with me tomorrow at 9:30 and I may have a different answer.

I'm sort of nervous because I need them to "prove it" to me again. I know they CAN do it, but until I actually see it again, I have worries that we're gonna tank out the rest of the season. Just because we've seen this movie play out so many times. We're the dogs who are scared of the rolled up newspaper now because we've been hit too many times...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Noeller said:

I'm sort of nervous because I need them to "prove it" to me again. I know they CAN do it, but until I actually see it again, I have worries that we're gonna tank out the rest of the season. Just because we've seen this movie play out so many times. We're the dogs who are scared of the rolled up newspaper now because we've been hit too many times...

What? 

Okay, what did you do with Noeller and how did you get access to his MBB account?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

DYK ... that on September 7, 2019 Daniel Petermann brought in all three of his targets for 33 yards and a touchdown in the Blue Bombers' 35-10 win over the Saskatchewan Roughriders.

-- courtesy Rotowire.com

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Mark H. said:

Just another diehard WBB fan. 

I'm certainly not begrudging anyone who has taken the foot off the pedal and relaxed their stance. The only point I was making is that some of us are just biologically unable. This is why I've always made girlfriends watch "Fever Pitch" early in a relationship. Thankfully the wife likes it and understands....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I'm certainly not begrudging anyone who has taken the foot off the pedal and relaxed their stance. The only point I was making is that some of us are just biologically unable. This is why I've always made girlfriends watch "Fever Pitch" early in a relationship. Thankfully the wife likes it and understands....

I take it that she was born and raised in Stepford?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

.....not that there's anything wrong with that....

....everyone gets to die sooner or later...

.....might as well go out happy....

....and god knows the Bombers are never going to get us off....

D-140526.jpg

My preferred method of expiring is at the age of 95 at the hands of an enraged bridegroom.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Career?? How would that even be possible in less than two years? It's obviously season...

Streveler continues to add to his career stats. He's broke his old career mark yesterday. A new milestone with every game!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2019-10-13 at 8:17 PM, Mr Dee said:

D.Y.K.

With 64 rushing yards on Saturday, Chris Streveler has set a new team record for most rushing yards by a QB.
Congratulations Chris!

I wonder when they started to keep records by position like this?  Positions used to be much more fluid.  For instance, Ken Ploen played a lot of halfback and a lot of quarterback.   Has someone actually gone back and determined which carries were as one position or another?  I am sure there was a lot of this up until the 70's or so. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...