Andrew Harris suspended for 2 games

blue85gold

2 hours ago, Ripper said:

Its a fans perspective. Willie is a guy you don't like playing against.  He is dam good. Classy quite often he isn't though, and I thought the banjo thing was in poor class last year.  But who cares, he gets paid to make plays and he does.  His numbers aren't even close to be considered for defensive player of the year.

It's pretty comical how you tell others to take off their homer goggles but you keep your strapped on so tight they cut off the blood flow to your watermelon mush.

Jefferson was the top performer last week and was also named a top performer for the month of August. "What have you done for me lately" applies here. Who's been the more dominant recently going into the second half (and more important part) of the 2019 season?

21 minutes ago, Fizz said:

So Hughes stats in June/July/August don't matter but Jefferson's do?

The very fact you have to pose such a ridiculous question would suggest you should probably just stay out of the discussion.

6 hours ago, Ripper said:

First of all the least I could do implies I owe you something which I don't. Secondly, pretty sure no one is scared of you or your posts

It sure would have been nice to have been given an adult reason for being booted then.  Even if they ain't afraid they sure make it appear that way.  But its okay, I don't miss the morons that's for sure.

5 minutes ago, Booch said:

UH YES...I wrong..cfl.ca says in 2017 Jefferson had 48 tackles..where do you get 46?...I use the whole amount of games played...for each player...their total season..all games..all stats..

Hughes is always on a career pace the last few years...and then dips to average to below average production..also..lack of Jefferson tackles this year to is because teams rush against Winnipeg less than any other team...at least 20 less rush attempts for the next closest team with same amount of games played...big factor

Up to now, often the Bombers have been ahead on scoreboard.  I think that's a factor or theory anyway as to why they run less against them.  I don't know the real inner workings of the line but Jefferson is on the other side this year than he was with the Riders, so Hughes and Jefferson both play on the wide side of the field this year.  I would think a better matchup for Willie than the role he had with us always lining up against the Left tackle, traditionally one of the best linemen. 

2 minutes ago, NorthernSkunk said:

It sure would have been nice to have been given an adult reason for being booted then.  Even if they ain't afraid they sure make it appear that way.  But its okay, I don't miss the morons that's for sure.

That forum is a joke. Basically anyone with a dissenting opinion against the green machine gets booted in short order. Rider Stronson is such a tool.

4 minutes ago, NorthernSkunk said:

I didn't mean to sound rude, I read it after and it sounded worse than I intended.  In any event I don't know anything about it.  I have been banned and was sent a email that told me exactly why.  I have been warned here more than once and received a email and was told exactly why. 

8 minutes ago, Ripper said:

Up to now, often the Bombers have been ahead on scoreboard.  I think that's a factor or theory anyway as to why they run less against them.

The real factor is that the bombers have a couple fire hydrants plugging up the middle of the line and just stomp out the run. You'll appreciate it after this weekend I am sure. No one talks enough about Stove and Nevis and they work they do for the Bombers. 

5 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

The real factor is that the bombers have a couple fire hydrants plugging up the middle of the line and just stomp out the run. You'll appreciate it after this weekend I am sure. No one talks enough about Stove and Nevis and they work they do for the Bombers. 

I will talk about it if you like. They are playing great. 

3 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Truly unsung heroes.

Everyone talks about Armando Sewell (to be fair is warranted as he is a beast).and Micah Johnson and who ever else... never about Nevis and the Stove. Those two are beasts in their own right... very happy to have them on our interior.

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

2 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Your DT play has been very good and I agree it has been one of the factors

From Penton's column this week and the Insiders:

" (Willie) Jefferson is a ***** to play against, but (Drake) Nevis is the most underrated defensive player in our league. He’s a ******* stud in the middle. He gets up-the-gut pressure. Requires a double team. Makes it a lot easier for the guys on the edge when you have a dominant player inside like Nevis. "

1 minute ago, rebusrankin said:

From Penton's column this week and the Insiders:

" (Willie) Jefferson is a ***** to play against, but (Drake) Nevis is the most underrated defensive player in our league. He’s a ******* stud in the middle. He gets up-the-gut pressure. Requires a double team. Makes it a lot easier for the guys on the edge when you have a dominant player inside like Nevis. "

Interesting how he was a late off-season addition...  both him and Thomas are extremely under-rated for what they bring

56 minutes ago, Ripper said:

Up to now, often the Bombers have been ahead on scoreboard.  I think that's a factor or theory anyway as to why they run less against them.  I don't know the real inner workings of the line but Jefferson is on the other side this year than he was with the Riders, so Hughes and Jefferson both play on the wide side of the field this year.  I would think a better matchup for Willie than the role he had with us always lining up against the Left tackle, traditionally one of the best linemen. 

I think it's more so that teams can't run...look at games played already..teams try...often end up with negative results...and have to abandon it..even look at last game as an example..how many times was Gable caught in the backfield or stopped for no gain?

Our ends too, only have a spot designated on the depth chart for that purpose only...pretty each one takes more or less equal reps on either side, as well as in the DT position..

Getting back to the Harris topic, do any of you think Harris will name the supplement he claims was tainted? If he wont, why won't he?

Just asking for your thoughts, nothing more.

1 minute ago, Mike said:

Because there’s literally nothing to gain and everything to lose from it.

I disagree, If he indeed did get tainted supplements and can prove it by getting his remaining stuff tested or stuff from the same lot number. 

He salvages his legacy as one of the best RBs to play in the league. The only reason I can see for him not doing it is if indeed there is no tainted supplement at all.

Hey I don't blame the guy, players get nicked up and he is a huge part of your offence so the pressure on him to preform must have been huge.

Do I think he took them by accident? No I don't.............let the shrapnel fly.  :)

3 minutes ago, Fizz said:

I disagree, If he indeed did get tainted supplements and can prove it by getting his remaining stuff tested or stuff from the same lot number. 

He salvages his legacy as one of the best RBs to play in the league. The only reason I can see for him not doing it is if indeed there is no tainted supplement at all.

Hey I don't blame the guy, players get nicked up and he is a huge part of your offence so the pressure on him to preform must have been huge.

Do I think he took them by accident? No I don't.............let the shrapnel fly.  :)

He doesn't need to name it publicly. He can seek a private settlement. 

He doesn't need his legacy salvaged. A few PR levels guys have attacked him. His teammates and everyone he's played with know him. 

11 minutes ago, Fizz said:

Nobody gives a **** what you think so there will be no shrapnel.

33 minutes ago, Fizz said:

Getting back to the Harris topic, do any of you think Harris will name the supplement he claims was tainted? If he wont, why won't he?

Just asking for your thoughts, nothing more.

Unless he has proof that the supplement was tainted (I.E. he still has some that he hasn't taken and can get it tested) naming what he took is basically inviting a lawsuit from the manufacturer of the supplement.

You don't go making highly public, negative statements about a commercial product without proof that your statements are factual.

Just now, BomberfanMKS said:

Unless he has proof that the supplement was tainted (I.E. he still has some that he hasn't taken and can get it tested) naming what he took is basically inviting a lawsuit from the manufacturer of the supplement.

You don't go making highly public, negative statements about a commercial product without proof that your statements are factual.

I would also point out that there is now no way for him to prove anything regarding tampering.  Even if tainted pills are found, one could easily suggest that maybe, the manufacturer wasn't the one responsible.  He can get the stuff tested for his own peace of mind, but that's about it.

Tampering has never been an option. Once you open it you are into impossible territory of proving even contamination.

The only way is going by batch number or I guess you could test an unopened product and see if it contains something unlisted as an ingredient.

legal reasons he can't name it until he has it tested and proven...also, even if it is opened it can still be tested..especially in pill form as I highly doubt Harris has the ways and means to get the right amount of the exact same Dbol chemical makeup...then totally mix up all the pills with the dbol..then make new pills...like cmon....also all you need is the batch/lot number on the bottle and get several other bottles from the store with that same batch/lot and test...it's pretty simple

Then if he gets lab proof..I guarantee it will be disclosed to the media...any mention of it now and he could be sued

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

Yeah Harris' legacy is completely intact, just because Rider fans want to pretend otherwise doesn't make it true. 

You couldn't be more wrong.  You don't get to be the leading rusher in the league and put up these kind of numbers, test positive for juice, and then just go back and everyone pretends it didn't happen. I have no dog in this fight so I don't really care but in every city in the league outside of Winnipeg he is tainted. The obvious question is how many of those numbers are juiced. No one will ever be able to say with 100% certainty. That is a fact whether you want to admit it or not