Andrew Harris suspended for 2 games

blue85gold

3 hours ago, GCJenks said:

I don’t deny I was a Willie hater last year, likely expressed some is the sentiment you describe. 

Let’s look at it as what else changed this year? Oh yeah, he’s not playing for an absolute ****** bag and is playing for a total pro so he acts like a total pro. 

A real good shot at Defensive player of the year if he keeps this level of play up. 

Its a fans perspective. Willie is a guy you don't like playing against.  He is dam good. Classy quite often he isn't though, and I thought the banjo thing was in poor class last year.  But who cares, he gets paid to make plays and he does.  His numbers aren't even close to be considered for defensive player of the year.

Edited by Ripper

3 hours ago, M.O.A.B. said:

That's the difference of a good head coach does. 

3 hours ago, Booch said:

Willie doesnt act like a fool like last year..it was the culture there..I used to think it was Carter

But watching the team the players who drive the doucher look at me bus are Gainey..Edem..Purifoy and Marshall..total me me guys and ones who have a hard time handling acting like u been there pros

That wasn't him talking to his hands last week?  Same guy.  As I said fans perspective

On 2019-08-27 at 7:39 AM, NorthernSkunk said:

Wow missed all this cause I was at the HSC helping my wife fight for her life.  Just got my IPad this morning..... thanks for the entertainment while she sleeps.  

With your permission, I will put you both on my prayer list. Having been through this sort of thing once, my heart is with you both. 

5 minutes ago, Ripper said:

Its a fans perspective. Willie is a guy you don't like playing against.  He is dam good. Classy quite often he isn't though, and I thought the banjo thing was in poor class last year.  But who cares, he gets paid to make plays and he does.  His numbers aren't even close to be considered for defensive player of the year.

The numbers are not the absolute determinant of how much of an impact the presence of a player makes.

15 minutes ago, Ripper said:

who's are close then?...in numbers...but also who has had more impact defensively directly in wins?...can just assume your answer already..but have at er

1 minute ago, Floyd said:

I'd say best DEF players in the league right now are Hughes, Jefferson, Moncrief, Lawrence, Roberson, Rose, Muamba and surprisingly Cory Greenwood

Greenwood is a Canadian and will go over 100 tackles.  He will get serious consideration.   Hughes has been very good and is the front runner at the mid way point with out question

4 minutes ago, Booch said:

he has picked up the bulk of his stats for the year now...like the last 2...will be all downhill from here on in...history has a weird thing about repeating itself

30 tackles, 10 sacks and 4 forced fumbles,  11 tackles, 8 sacks and 5 forced fumbles.   I'll let you guess whose numbers are whose. You can also guess who has played one less game than the other too.  Loosen up the blue goggles, Hughes is having a good year.    I see you guys signed a qb

Edited by Ripper

4 minutes ago, Ripper said:

30 tackles, 10 sacks and 4 forced fumbles,  11 tackles, 8 sacks and 5 forced fumbles.   I'll let you guess whose numbers are whose. You can also guess who has played one less game than the other too.  Loosen up the blue goggles, Hughes is having a good year.    I see you guys signed a qb

1 interception

6 minutes ago, Ripper said:

he had a great start last year too and faded, which I believe is the point here. What you do in the summer in the CFL really doesn't matter, what matters is how you do in the fall. A guy like Jefferson started slow and has been heating up. 

1 minute ago, Ripper said:

30 tackles, 10 sacks and 4 forced fumbles,  11 tackles, 8 sacks and 5 forced fumbles.   I'll let you guess whose numbers are whose. You can also guess who has played one less game than the other too

I know whos those are...what about knock downs...tackles for losses..who will sustain...hmmm...lemme see

Hughes....2018 13 sacks after 10 games...rest year...2,,Tackles..27...rest year...9

Hughes 2017 8 sacks after 10 games..rest of year...2....

seems like a guy who ise non factor after mid point...as he did nothing in playoffs...wouldn't have even knew he dressed truth be told

Jefferson...in keeping with your comparison

2018 5 sacks after 10 games..rest year 6...Tackles 15...rest year 27

2017 6 sacks first 10 games..rest of year 3...tackles 23...rest of year 21

So yeah...when awards are awarded at years end...not midpoint history shows Jefferson is "more valuable"  as he doesn't fade away to being insignificant

Hughes is already dropping off and if not for his 10 tackle game versus BC would have similar stats...generally too a DE with lots of tackles means he gets ran at more on his side..and possibly is in chase mode chasing down someone who git the edge

2 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

he had a great start last year too and faded, which I believe is the point here. What you do in the summer in the CFL really doesn't matter, what matters is how you do in the fall. A guy like Jefferson started slow and has been heating up. 

I agree with everything you have said.  Now, will he fade this year, I don't know, he is getting older so its possible. Willie is heating up last couple games, will he keep it going?  guess we will see.  

15 minutes ago, Booch said:

I know whos those are...what about knock downs...tackles for losses..who will sustain...hmmm...lemme see

Hughes....2018 13 sacks after 10 games...rest year...2,,Tackles..27...rest year...9

Hughes 2017 8 sacks after 10 games..rest of year...2....

seems like a guy who ise non factor after mid point...as he did nothing in playoffs...wouldn't have even knew he dressed truth be told

Jefferson...in keeping with your comparison

2018 5 sacks after 10 games..rest year 6...Tackles 15...rest year 27

2017 6 sacks first 10 games..rest of year 3...tackles 23...rest of year 21

So yeah...when awards are awarded at years end...not midpoint history shows Jefferson is "more valuable"  as he doesn't fade away to being insignificant

Hughes is already dropping off and if not for his 10 tackle game versus BC would have similar stats...generally too a DE with lots of tackles means he gets ran at more on his side..and possibly is in chase mode chasing down someone who git the edge

Who is saying that Jefferson isn't a good player?  I just don't get the part where you have to hate Hughes to make Jefferson look better. If Willie puts up the numbers then he deserves his 215k I guess and will get considered for the award.  Your Jefferson stats are not accurate that you have posted also, you have them a bit padded to make your argument stronger

Edited by Ripper

23 minutes ago, Booch said:

don't hate Hughes..just saying/stating that I wouldn't call him the front runner...and history shows why..stats in june/july/aug don't make for MVP seasons unless sustained

Whats padded?

Padded may not be fair, that implies it was on purpose, I should have said not accurate, his tackle numbers are not that high.  2017- 46 tackles, 8 sacks, 0 FF. 2018- 34 tackles, 10 sacks, 2 FF. 2019- 11 tackles, 8 sacks, 5 FF.  Willie is on pace for a 3 year low in tackles, but a career high in sacks and forced fumbles.  Hughes 2017- 40 tackles, 11 sacks, 1 FF.  2018- 35 tackles, 15 sacks, 3 FF.  2019- 30 tackles, 10 sacks, 4 FF.  Hughes is on pace for a career high in all 3 categories. 

1 hour ago, Ripper said:

They absolutely are.

9 minutes ago, Ripper said:

Padded may not be fair, that implies it was on purpose, I should have said not accurate, his tackle numbers are not that high.  2017- 46 tackles, 8 sacks, 0 FF. 2018- 34 tackles, 10 sacks, 2 FF. 2019- 11 tackles, 8 sacks, 5 FF.  Willie is on pace for a 3 year low in tackles, but a career high in sacks and forced fumbles.  Hughes 2017- 40 tackles, 11 sacks, 1 FF.  2018- 35 tackles, 15 sacks, 3 FF.  2019- 30 tackles, 10 sacks, 4 FF.  Hughes is on pace for a career high in all 3 categories. 

UH YES...I wrong..cfl.ca says in 2017 Jefferson had 48 tackles..where do you get 46?...I use the whole amount of games played...for each player...their total season..all games..all stats..

Hughes is always on a career pace the last few years...and then dips to average to below average production..also..lack of Jefferson tackles this year to is because teams rush against Winnipeg less than any other team...at least 20 less rush attempts for the next closest team with same amount of games played...big factor

44 minutes ago, Booch said:

don't hate Hughes..just saying/stating that I wouldn't call him the front runner...and history shows why..stats in june/july/aug don't make for MVP seasons unless sustained

Whats padded?

So Hughes stats in June/July/August don't matter but Jefferson's do?

I don't know who will win and personally I don't care, but come'on you can't discount one players stats while pumping another.

2 minutes ago, Fizz said:

I don't know who will win and personally I don't care, but come'on you can't discount one players stats while pumping another.

nope...never said that...maybe read everything before making a dumb comment eh?

look at the last few seasons as a whole..and who pretty much put up consistent numbers..all year

2 minutes ago, Fizz said:

I think what Booch is saying is that Hughes traditionally falls off around Labour Day every single season so while he's had a stellar first half of the year, it's wait-and-see as to whether or not he'll keep it up. No disrespect to Hughes, he's a hell of a player and one heck of a sleep driver but a betting man would put his money on Hughes falling off in the second half.