Esks vs Bombers Depth Charts

Jpan85

Temple was moved to the practice roster while Lawler was added to the one-game injured list where he joins WR Rasheed Bailey. The Bombers also moved OL Pat Neufeld from the one-game injured list to the six-game.

https://www.bluebombers.com/2019/06/26/game-preview-edm-vs-wpg-3/

there you go

Edited by M.O.A.B.

18 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

I like the idea of Harris attacking their backers especially Walker and Matthews against their secondary.

A couple of draw plays with the DB's getting bowled over should slow down that rush a bit.

Edited by Fan Boy
not aggressive enough

4 minutes ago, Fan Boy said:

A couple of draw plays with the DB's getting bowled over should slow down that rush a bit.

Agree. I have noticed that in games where a 200+ lb running back starts breaking into the defensive backfield and punishing the DBs, soon the DBs start hugging the line and are much slower in chasing receivers. Then its open season.

3 minutes ago, B-F-F-C said:

Don’t understand the hate on for demski.

It’s all just B.S. (ball security) 

I’d like to see the actual and the factual, ie the number of touches vs the number of lost balls. I know he has that reputation and it is warranted to a degree, but who’s really fumbling the ball on this assertion?

Nic, we have our 👀 on you!

Those are two good depth charts... going to be a fun game to watch

I'm thinking Hall puts Gaitor on Ellingson for the whole game...  should be a good matchup

Want to see Wilson have a big game and Whitehead make key catches...

Hecht will be busy this game

Harris v. Gable is going to be exciting

1 hour ago, B-F-F-C said:

Don’t understand the hate on for demski.

Hes a high risk high reward type of player. He is either having a huge game between runs + catch and runs or hes dropping passes. He is a tremendous player who I think will have a break out year this year. A lot of dynamic young players go though the growing pains he is. Not knowing when to go down and when to fight for yards, ball protection, looking down field rather then securing the ball.

I love the fit in our offense and the talent he has. I wonder though if we might be better served in some situations (especially with a lead wr like mathews out previously) by starting petermann who is steady and consistent and subbing in demski for package work. Allowing him to be fresher and more focused on key plays. Both guys are starter quality imo, and have sky high potential. Demski will bounce back I have no doubt. 

25 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Hes a high risk high reward type of player. He is either having a huge game between runs + catch and runs or hes dropping passes. He is a tremendous player who I think will have a break out year this year. A lot of dynamic young players go though the growing pains he is. Not knowing when to go down and when to fight for yards, ball protection, looking down field rather then securing the ball.

I love the fit in our offense and the talent he has. I wonder though if we might be better served in some situations (especially with a lead wr like mathews out previously) by starting petermann who is steady and consistent and subbing in demski for package work. Allowing him to be fresher and more focused on key plays. Both guys are starter quality imo, and have sky high potential. Demski will bounce back I have no doubt.

I agree with this totally.

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

Alls I know is I get nervous when the  all comes to him in a way that doesn't happen with the other receivers. Guy has a lot of skill, but had some adventures with catching and holding onto the ball

And I agree with this totally. 

There is no hate from me, I just am not comfortable with him. He seems inconsistent to me and I don't like it. He has had some great games but he has had some bad games too. Some of it is due to how he is used but his play still makes me uncomfortable and I don't get that with Petermann. To me he is very steady and consistent and plays good football and doesn't try to get cute. He just gets the job done. Again, only my opinion based on my opinion.  

1 hour ago, Mr Dee said:

It’s all just B.S. (ball security) 

I’d like to see the actual and the factual, ie the number of touches vs the number of lost balls. I know he has that reputation and it is warranted to a degree, but who’s really fumbling the ball on this assertion?

Nic, we have our 👀 on you!

According to the Bombers stats last year (source: cflstats.ca) Demski had 3 fumbles, most on the team. Between his rushing, receiving, and returning, he had 117 touches. In comparison, Andrew Harris had 2 fumbles on 296 touches, Matt Nichols had 2 fumbles on probably some 625 touches (393 pass attempts, 15 rushes, and handoffs on probablythree quarters of Winnipeg's 300 rush attempts that involved a running back), Ryan Lankford had 1 fumble on 18 touches, Kienan LaFrance had 2 fumbles on 42 touches, and Kevin Fogg had 2 fumbles on 94 touches (but he did have 4 INTs and 4 fumble recoveries along with 3 forced fumbles, so I think he more than made up for it). From what I can tell, the players with the most touches without a fumble were Chris Streveler (on about 270 touches - 125 pass attempts, 67 rushes, and maybe an estimated 75 or so handoffs), Darvin Adams (63 touches), and Weston Dressler (55 touches, NOT counting all his field goal holds).