Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
pw13

Looking for memories of 1991 Grey Cup week/festivities/hoopla etc.

I didn't find it that cold. Even opened my jacket up in the 3rd Q. Everyone was crammed in so tight, we were all sharing body heat and keeping each other out of the wind. That and the 'Hot Chocolate' we were passing around kept us very warm indeed.

On 2019-04-04 at 12:42 PM, Fan Boy said:

-24 that's all. It seemed a lot colder than that. Everyone was so layered up in my section that people couldn't fit in the row, not like those benches had enough space on a good day. 

My wife and I were on the east side, all layered up and with a heavy blanket to boot. Still froze our asses off. Can't imagine those poor souls on the temporary seats.

4 hours ago, Starman115 said:

My wife and I were on the east side, all layered up and with a heavy blanket to boot. Still froze our asses off. Can't imagine those poor souls on the temporary seats.

We had season tickets on he east side and bought 2 more in the east temp seats. My dad and I used the good seats in the first half, and traded off with my brother and his friend for the second. The wind came right through the back of the bleachers and feet were exposed to the elements, the second half was a miserable experience by the end of it.

One odd thing that stuck out for me on that game, afterwards, they were selling Argo Grey Cup champion t-shirts, in the parking lot outside the stadium. They were selling them out of the back of a delivery truck. There were two trailers - one filled with Argo t's and one with Stamps t's. 

On 2019-04-02 at 5:31 PM, TrueBlue4ever said:

You may find about 20 different people who claim to be the person who chucked the beer can on this site. I was sitting in the temporary stands about 15 rows up in the northeast corner (where the old "Rum Hut" would later be situated) and saw Ismail run back the kick right in front of me. Did not see the beer can until it whizzed over my head and on to the field. Can't say where it came from in that section, but it was a ways up in the stands.

Yeah, that was definitely me, had a pretty good arm back then.

I'm just bumping this thread to catch anyone who didn't see it earlier. I'm pursuing a couple of promising leads but still looking for any and every bit of additional information and perspective I can find. If you have any ideas or memories about this fascinating episode in Grey Cup history, I would really love to hear from you, either through this forum or directly by email: paulwoods13(at)gmail.com. Thanks!